Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

Baby4 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

+1

and any of those stupid ads where women go into the sauna and steal the towels as an excuse to show men covering their bits and bobs looking stupid. There is currently one of these for kinder bueno with the catch phrase "bit of what you fancy" WTF?

of course when there were ads like these which portrayed women in this light there was up roar. I remember many a late late spent on the topic of how the media portrayed women in the 80's. Petty the same respect doesnt work both ways?

The ulster bank ad with the old woman standing in the queue.
    "150 euro there givin away 150 euro"

150 pounds if you live in the uk - so they are still screwing the loaded foolish irish

Mangy_Cat wrote: »
    Love them or hate them.. Barry's tea ads will affect you for the betthar or worse.. ;)

My favourite has to be the old woman sits down with her daughter and shows her an old photo album.. The young wan is happy out flicking through the pics until SHOCK SHOCK HORROR HORROR, she spots a photo of her ma back in her hay day with a man she doesn't recognise... HER REAL FATHER :eek:
    :eek:

The young wan enquires as to who he is, and the mother, with a filthy glint in her beady eyes says " Ah.... Twas somewan else!"

What a trollop. It send out wan message and wan message only - the postman is more than likely to be your real father.. No reference to tea whatsoever! :confused:

tears laughing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Baby4 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

She's cute so I'll forgive it. Their other ads are undeniable kack tho to be sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

The ad with the 2 sluts at the strip show. I think its for Galaxy Minstrels. I just want to hop the crap out of them everytime I see the ad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

New O2 free texts ad (usually the last ad before the movie in cineworld :p) the guy's voice just bugs me, he sound like he should be fronting some go nowhere indie band in whelans :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Driver 8 wrote: »
    New O2 free texts ad (usually the last ad before the movie in cineworld :p) the guy's voice just bugs me, he sound like he should be fronting some go nowhere indie band in whelans :p

That the one with a lot of depressed looking youngsters? "We are O2".
    I've made my feelings clear about that one already so I won't go on...

That new Snack ad is very annoying. Why does the guy relinquish his snack so easy? He deserves a snack in the face...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Not so much depise, but my nomination for "stupid ad of the week" goes to...

.. the latest Fiat Grande Punto ad. Y'know the one, 3 Punto's driving around (presumably) Italy in an obvious rip of the Italian Job's Minis - there's one red one, a white one and a green one.

And at the bottom of the screen it says.... "green paint not available" :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Ugh I hate the Babybel ad where a woman throws cheese out the plane, and three men jump out after it.
    Women are smart and men are stupid, you see. :mad::mad::mad:
    Oh and I hate the Perlico ad with the creepy smiling woman....she just stares out the screen at you, it's like she's contemplating how best to eat you and your children....UGH!! (shudder)
    On the flipside, I love that CokeZero ad with the eyeball and the tongues...it's just so random!!! why is the eyeball French??

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Did anyone see that DID Electrical ad a few weeks ago where this mad guy who looked like a serial killer or something jumped towards the camera and announced some deal that they had going on in store?

It was really strange and a little bit scary!

• Advertisement

I hate the new McDonald ones where the dad is trying to get his pink princess of a growing daughter to come to the cinema with him.

They're trying to make out that she's sometimes great / sometimes a pain but at each stage every stage I just find her insufferable.

Ironically I want to punch the face of the last girl in the most of all.

This ad doesn't annoy me so much as the actor "Peter Halpin" in it does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh19GAAL4M0
    Never mind the torrent of ****e he's spouting but look at his face at the end. He's just plain CREEPY looking!

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭ifconfig

I have to admit that new advert for the new Ford Focus with the
    "orchestra" playing these engineered moulded parts gets completely
    on my nerves. So contrived !

Someone else mentioned the Opel ad with the little puppet characters (C'mon).
    I actually prefer that and think it's quirky compared to the pretensious
    Ford orchestra cr*p.

-ifc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Ok there's a really stupid ad now where a hospital patient asks her doctor "Have you cleaned your hands?"
    As if your gonna say that to his/her face!!! If I was a doctor, I'd "forget" to give that bitch anaesthetic.

Ok there's a really stupid ad now where a hospital patient asks her doctor "Have you cleaned your hands?"
    As if your gonna say that to his/her face!!! If I was a doctor, I'd "forget" to give that bitch anaesthetic.

If I was a patient I would hope that I wouldn't have to ask that question! It's not my bloody responsibility. The cheek of that ad, asking us to make sure the doctor is doing his/her job properly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭idlesupernova

Can you imagine asking that to a doctor or a nurse in A&E on a Friday night, you'd be bumped down the list in the waiting room and made wait another 8 extra hours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

1) Bord Na Mona - "And Oh she was the Sunday in every week". Argh!!

2) Barry's Tea - (mumbling) "And don't be late..I'm nervous enough as it is". RRRrrrrRRRRRAaAAHHHH!!!

That ad for the lighters. (Bic?) That child is clearly the spawn of the devil. His face when he sees the lighter is hilarious. Stupid ad, only going to make kids want the lighter more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

janeybabe wrote: »
    If I was a patient I would hope that I wouldn't have to ask that question! It's not my bloody responsibility. The cheek of that ad, asking us to make sure the doctor is doing his/her job properly!

I just hate yer one with the really annoying voice '' "What's wrong with me?" or "When am I back to normal?" ''

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Yeah it's like asking if the chef cooked the food properly when at a restaurant. Utterly retarded ad.

• Advertisement

Yeah that 'have you cleaned your hands?' is definitely up there. Would be really funny if it had been some dude covered with blood with his guts hanging out, who suddenly sits up before emergency surgery.."Have you cleaned your hands?"

Ugh, I mean come on.... "Have you been to medical school?" lol :D "Can I see your degree please?"

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

That vhi ad with all the women saying one word of the sentence just irritates the piss out of me.

Yeah that 'have you cleaned your hands?' is definitely up there. Would be really funny if it had been some dude covered with blood with his guts hanging out, who suddenly sits up before emergency surgery.."Have you cleaned your hands?"

Ugh, I mean come on.... "Have you been to medical school?" lol :D "Can I see your degree please?"
    I'd be thinking that a doctor/nurse would be offended if you asked them that, so I probably wouldn't. It's like telling someone how to do their job.

There's a certain type of Irish ad out there that always involves the following:

1) Slow motion

2) A purple-ish tint

3) The latest track from whatever band is 'in' at the moment.

4) A single person standing smugly (usually with folded arms) outside some place of significance, while the camera tracks slowly around them without them saying a word.

Someone tell me they know what I'm on about! I swear these ads must have the same director.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭strawberryb0y

Pigman II wrote: »
    I hate the new McDonald ones where the dad is trying to get his pink princess of a growing daughter to come to the cinema with him.

They're trying to make out that she's sometimes great / sometimes a pain but at each stage every stage I just find her insufferable.

Ironically I want to punch the face of the last girl in the most of all.

And the dad never gets older;)

And the dad never gets older;)

I think that's the point. The child is growing up so fast but the dad doesnt feel old! I dont mind the ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

The adds were the volume jumps up a few decibles to grab your attention which is just about tham all , b'stads :mad:

I think that's the point. The child is growing up so fast but the dad doesnt feel old! I dont mind the ad.

I hate ads that really try to pull people's guilt strings like that. It's pretty much saying, "Go to McDonalds or you'll miss your child's life". yuck.

Or ads like, "If you don't buy this cereal, your child is missing out on all these nutrients. You are a bad parent!"

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭strawberryb0y

I hate ads that really try to pull people's guilt strings like that. It's pretty much saying, "Go to McDonalds or you'll miss your child's life". yuck.

Or ads like, "If you don't buy this cereal, your child is missing out on all these nutrients. You are a bad parent!"

Also the child would be fatter having spent so much time in McDonalds

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

It's just 20th century capitalist propoganda /advertisement started by Americans for Americans and also believed by millions of them (and some europeans to ) .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement