Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I hate the new Tesco ad where the guy sticks a few fish fingers and ketchup between two slices of white bread.

It just looks so disgusting!

Imagine the amount of fish in a fish finger worth 8c :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭denlaw

There is an ad on the radio about some fish restaurant/cocktail bar in city centre dublin, its main characters are two d4 type ladies who lunch whose days seem to be made up of sea food platters and sex on the beach's...boils my piss :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Carte Noir Instinct

*withering look* "Tow-neee, the gels are coming ova"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

vHI ad

My daughter is sooooo amazing: "she's surfffing, she's singing" blah blah blah.

That and the "my husbandd and my tiny baybeeez" ad, VHI have a lot to answer for :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Wimax...I hate it...so so much :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

amdublin wrote: »
    Carte Noir Instinct

*withering look* "Tow-neee, the gels are coming ova"
    that's the advert I was trying to describe in ranting and raving
    I hate that advert

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

All price comparison ads are awful. Confused.com is the worst, then go compare. Haven't seen money supermarket ads recently but they suck too. I never knew price comparison was such a huge business. How can they make so much money that they consume the airwaves with their ads?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

I hate the new Tesco ad where the guy sticks a few fish fingers and ketchup between two slices of white bread.

It just looks so disgusting!
    Another pleasant bit of music ruined by a bloody DJ talking over it. :) And to think that they even but that gobsh!te on Lyric FM.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Every single youtube ad!

I am in Ireland you absolute idiots wtf would I need to see so many long length discover NI ads? I am like 30 mins from the border.

I am in Ireland you absolute idiots wtf would I need to see so many long length discover NI ads? I am like 30 mins from the border.

They want to you head up to The North East of the Country that is why, same reason we get the other annoying South West ads "I REMEMBER WHEN....."

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

el diablo wrote: »
    The McDonald's ad (the one with Eamon Dunphy) where a chap with a pig farmer accent talks about buying an antique radio for "tuurty grand".

:mad::rolleyes:
    Yeah,one of yer mans buddies has a Dublin scumbag heroin dealing accent.He's probably called fat Freddy the penguin Mitchell or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

that new furniture store ad with the girl saying "you need a big television to watch the big match"

**** off, you cant act... it's like you're being manipulated by a puppeteering school dropout

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

jpcarlow wrote: »
    that new furniture store ad with the girl saying "you need a big television to watch the big match"

**** off, you cant act... it's like you're being manipulated by a puppeteering school dropout
    Yeah there's something wrong with her alright, she's brutal.

I just saw an ad for Laya Healthcare where it zooms in on this weird looking womans face for ages, its utterly bizarre, they'd better not start playing that in every adbreak.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

darkdubh wrote: »
    Yeah,one of yer mans buddies has a Dublin scumbag heroin dealing accent.He's probably called fat Freddy the penguin Mitchell or something.

I've no idea what this is all about.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Thargor wrote: »
    Yeah there's something wrong with her alright, she's brutal.
    she must be related to the manager or director or something cause surely she didn't pass an audition???

• Registered Users Posts: 12,700 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I hate that Eircom phonewatch ad. That blonde wan is a pain in the @rse. Who does she think she is, sneering those poor burglars ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Elmo wrote: »
    They want to you head up to The North East of the Country that is why, same reason we get the other annoying South West ads "I REMEMBER WHEN....."

At least that song was better than the ****e on discover NI. At least give me welsh ads or something ffs.

The sony xperia ad "You've gotta help the guys"

Makes me wanna punch my tv

At least that song was better than the ****e on discover NI. At least give me welsh ads or something ffs.

I REMEMBER WHEN! hate that song STOP SHOUTING. The welsh holiday ad are "proper" ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

BT- the boy and girl students move in with the mondo creepy older man who has a thing for the girl.
    Any girl with half a brain would never have agreed to move in with a soulless, dead eyed, apprentice serial killer like him. One look at him would send her running in the other direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭real stig

Pat Shortt, please just GO AWAY!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,047 ✭✭✭squonk

Ally Dick wrote: »
    I hate that Eircom phonewatch ad. That blonde wan is a pain in the @rse. Who does she think she is, sneering those poor burglars ?

I'm with you! The only way that ad could be good is if the girl was beaten to death by the burglers and aided and abetted by a few of the onlookers. Mind you the smarmy brother keyholder looks like he'd need a bit of a beat down as well. PhoneBotch do ****e ads it has to be said.

I've no idea what this is all about.
    Well maybe not in that particular ad.But the dirty Skag dealer features heavily in the rest of those ads.He'll probably rob and sell Eamos head to feed his habit.

Well maybe not in that particular ad.But the dirty Skag dealer features heavily in the rest of those ads.He'll probably rob and sell Eamos head to feed his habit.

I still no idea what you're trying to say. Anyway, you're boring me now so no need to attempt to explain further.

I still no idea what you're trying to say. Anyway, you're boring me now so no need to attempt to explain further.
    Are you a Dub?

Are you a Dub?

Yes. What's that got to do with anything?

Yes. What's that got to do with anything?
    I thought so.Night Boss.

I thought so.Night Boss.

Clown. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Thargor wrote: »
    I just saw an ad for Laya Healthcare where it zooms in on this weird looking womans face for ages, its utterly bizarre, they'd better not start playing that in every adbreak.
    Has anyone seen this yet? Its up there with Poo at Pauls and the Kimberly Mikado freakshow as one of the worst things ever, her weird fish eyes and horrible teeth :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

amdublin wrote: »
    vHI ad

My daughter is sooooo amazing: "she's surfffing, she's singing" blah blah blah.

That and the "my husbandd and my tiny baybeeez" ad, VHI have a lot to answer for :mad:
    Oh that VHI one does my head in too!!The minute it starts I'm waiting for tiny babyeez bit:mad::mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement