Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

jluv wrote: »
    Oh that VHI one does my head in too!!The minute it starts I'm waiting for tiny babyeez bit:mad::mad:

There is a savings campaign running atm were the girl goes "Oh, my [PAUSE] [TOO LONG A PAUSE] gosh [PAUSE] we're having a baby".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Elmo wrote: »
    There is a savings campaign running atm were the girl goes "Oh, my [PAUSE] [TOO LONG A PAUSE] gosh [PAUSE] we're having a baby".

Oh Christ, that one does my head in. Don't give up the day job love. You won't be joining Equity any time soon!

amdublin wrote: »
    That and the "my husbandd and my tiny baybeeez" ad, VHI have a lot to answer for :mad:

I'm very definitely in the minority, but I could listen to that accent all night long. Yer wan is fairly easy on the eye, so I wouldn't mind being her husbannnddd and making tiny baybeeez with her in fairness! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭real stig

Those activia ads, all of them, are absolutely terrible

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

squonk wrote: »
    I'm with you! The only way that ad could be good is if the girl was beaten to death by the burglers and aided and abetted by a few of the onlookers. Mind you the smarmy brother keyholder looks like he'd need a bit of a beat down as well. PhoneBotch do ****e ads it has to be said.
    I hate thieving burglar scum as much as the next person.But that couple and the brother and neighbour are such a bunch of unlikeable smugos that they deserve a visit from the Manson Family.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

Those Laya half-hour staring ads. Dafuq??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Mikosyko wrote: »
    Those Laya half-hour staring ads. Dafuq??

Those ads are everywhere at the moment.
    Plus theyve had a stand up in work today
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

That tourism Ireland song with those girls singing "And then you laugh at me, WHYYYY?" Also the Discover Northern Ireland one with annoying son "I cant keep up..." :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭smilerf

that ad with the man dressed up as an old woman on a mobility scooter does my head in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

The new Dubliner cheese ad with the obnoxious kids and the awkward flirting is just so bloody awful.

"I'm their auntie... Their YOUNGER auntie."

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I hate all the ads involving the Irish euro 2012 team. So annoying, awful acting. Especially Ray Houghton.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

The new Dubliner cheese ad with the obnoxious kids and the awkward flirting is just so bloody awful.

"I'm their auntie... Their YOUNGER auntie."

:rolleyes:

The awkward silences make me genuinely uncomfortable, nice work Dubliner.

Speaking of ads that make me uncomfortable, that insurance fraud one where the guy with the two faces slowly revolving with a sinister expression is just...weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Namlub wrote: »
    The awkward silences make me genuinely uncomfortable, nice work Dubliner.

Speaking of ads that make me uncomfortable, that insurance fraud one where the guy with the two faces slowly revolves while with a sinister expression is just...weird.
    weird doesnt even describe it....it's beyond that :/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

The new internet explorer ad is absolutely horrible. Internet explorer sucks. Browser's aren't exciting and they should stop trying to make them exciting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

jpcarlow wrote: »
    weird doesnt even describe it....it's beyond that :/
    You'll get people who are kids now posting in All things Retro in 20 years time saying that they used to get nightmares over that ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

darkdubh wrote: »
    You'll get people who are kids now posting in All things Retro in 20 years time saying that they used to get nightmares over that ad.
    "the horror....THE HORROR"

also the vhi ads as previously mentioned
    "caoimhe's life's actually changed"
    yep, now she has a mam who exploits her existence for vhi benefits and a tv appearance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

The car ad with the band rehearsing a painfully insipid version of "Ever Fallen in Love (With Someone You Shouldn't've)"

The way the lead singer pronounces "love" really grinds my gears and apart from that it's a really stupid ad!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭donegal_man

The car ad with the band rehearsing a painfully insipid version of "Ever Fallen in Love (With Someone You Shouldn't've)"

The way the lead singer pronounces "love" really grinds my gears and apart from that it's a really stupid ad!

I just logged on to mention that ad :P
    There's another one on just now for Levi Root's sauces where the food on the barbeque jumps up and starts singing. YEURGH!

That rustlers microwave burger. They taste like leather, the ad is as creepy as f*ck and it suggests that you can open them with one finger, you need a blasted breadknife to open them!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Worse is the fact that the video has been flipped so that the car is right hand drive for the irish audience, copped it at the end when I noticed that the band were all playing left handed ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭promethius42

The many different voices and shouting of the HARVEY NORMAN adds, why do they need to shout at me through the TV?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

calex71 wrote: »
    Worse is the fact that the video has been flipped so that the car is right hand drive for the irish audience, copped it at the end when I noticed that the band were all playing left handed ;)

Oh dear... if only I had a handy link to that Captain Picard facepalm picture! :D

Subway ads with English Olympic hopefuls, you would think they would support some Irish Athletes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,903 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

If I were living in Dublin that Dublin Bus ad would make me want to walk everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

I wonder what circus all these "strong" women work for ??

Seriously, they should have changed the tag line to "Unapologetically Smug".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

That Centra ad where for some reason the manager of the store turns up to a party and they're all delighted to see her.

It just doesn't work as there is no reference or indication that Maeve and yer man are acquaintances so, cerebrally it doesn't make sense when she walks in and the lad says,' Ahh, Maeve'. It's just weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Sindri wrote: »
    That Centra ad where for some reason the manager of the store turns up to a party and they're all delighted to see her.

It just doesn't work as there is no reference or indication that Maeve and yer man are acquaintances so, cerebrally it doesn't make sense when she walks in and the lad says,' Ahh, Maeve'. It's just weird.

Also when she says " you're gonna need more ice than that " he later walks out of the shop with 2 massive brown bags loaded with shopping ..... way to up sell Maeve :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,872 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

calex71 wrote: »

Sure, maybe they're all left-handed. :D

Suas11 wrote: »
    Sure, maybe they're all left-handed. :D

Aren't Irish cars more suited to Left handers? It would be far easier to use your right hand to change gears. (If your Right Handed).

The ad for tampons with the female athlete. No offence but I think the extra testosterone athletes put in their water takes care of "mother nature".

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭LIS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR-bxWqmVFk

If the tables were turned,there would be uproar.grrrrrr

• Advertisement

Those Irish celebs wandering round an art gallery gushing over amazing paintings. It's just a squiggle that a child would probably make. Utter rubbish!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement