Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭promethius42

Theres one on the radio recently, Heads for Teds, or Beds for Teds or something is shouted every few mins, driving me mental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

I wonder what circus all these "strong" women work for ??

Seriously, they should have changed the tag line to "Unapologetically Smug".
    "Women are strong. Not stronger than Asterisk"
    post-1680-0-45815500-1333947394.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I thought the same but it's actually "Not strong with an asterisk". Stupid ad anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DuckStab

Michael Owen's Academy Award winning performance for Ay-on, in-shuh, doh aye-ee.
    With the ultra naff music in the background I wondered if it was a parody the first time I saw it. Sadly not. Are people supposed to watch these ads thinking "Oh there's a bunch of mulimillionaires painfully reading off an autocue for a product they clearly have absolutely no knowledge of, that's the company for me!"

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

Head and Shoulders. As if washing your hair is going to guarantee you Olympic gold. Smug twats.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

123.ie employees partaking in their inane and annoying ads.

No wonder the kip has a high staff turnover.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Varied wrote: »
    123.ie employees partaking in their inane and annoying ads.

No wonder the kip has a high staff turnover.

The woman has a psychos head on her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

The woman has a psychos head on her.

Stepback, no claims bonus protection!!!!!11111

WTF is "stepback" no claims bonus protection?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Namlub wrote: »
    I thought the same but it's actually "Not strong with an asterisk". Stupid ad anyway...
    what i find ironic is they say that....but then there is an asterisk on another point in the ad :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

"Do you do like a clamping loyalty card?"

I shouldn't hate a character in an ad so much but damn it I want her to die

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Theres this very freakish drinks ad out at the moment featuring a party where all the people have dogs and cats heads digitally transplanted onto their bodies.It's like a particulery disburbing bad acid trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

anything with that birds eye bear. creepy creepy bear. seriously that's not gonna make me buy your food :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

jpcarlow wrote: »
    what i find ironic is they say that....but then there is an asterisk on another point in the ad :rolleyes:

What is the difference between

Strong*

and

Strong.

Is it because with an * you generally have a footnote e.g.

Strong*

*But not as strong as a man.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

An ad on RTÉ for some GAA show with the handsome Marty Morrisey.

It's crap.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Any of those Eircom ads featuring horrible Dublin 4 kids and their muppet parents.

darkdubh wrote: »
    Any of those Eircom ads featuring horrible Dublin 4 kids and their muppet parents.

You seem to have a chip on your shoulder in relation to Dublin. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭denlaw

the ad on the telly with those irish supporters screaming like idiots at a man putting up a tv on the wall....sadly when the euros start , it'll bring every know-all gob****e out of the woodwork who'll profess to being john giles's researcher such is his/her knowledge of football ...

el diablo wrote: »
    You seem to have a chip on your shoulder in relation to Dublin. ;)
    My,you're sensitive.

darkdubh wrote: »
    My,you're sensitive.

Not at all, it's just something I've noticed. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

denlaw wrote: »
    the ad on the telly with those irish supporters screaming like idiots at a man putting up a tv on the wall....sadly when the euros start , it'll bring every know-all gob****e out of the woodwork who'll profess to being john giles's researcher such is his/her knowledge of football ...

They should have told the bloke in the Tricolour bodysuit to stay seated throughout :eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭denlaw

denlaw wrote: »

They should have told the bloke in the Tricolour bodysuit to stay seated throughout :eek::eek::eek:
    I'm sure I've seen him on the Donegal catch boat , the man likes a daft dance routine ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Aoife9

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    anything with that birds eye bear. creepy creepy bear. seriously that's not gonna make me buy your food :mad:

I HATE him I switch over every time that ad starts! He's sooooooo creepy you are the only other person who I've ever heard complaining about him! so delighted someone else finally feels like me!! yack! I'd avoid Birdseye cos of that ad!

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Hector Mildew

"Can you place your things on the natural table?" - The Denny ad that claims they're the only one who produce ham using "100% natural ingredients." How do they get away with that!?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Not an advert as such, but the new promo for Marty Morrissey's show is so Partridge-esque. :D

It's crap.
    Not an advert as such, but the new promo for Marty Morrissey's show is so Partridge-esque. :D

Already mentioned.;)

I feel embarrassed for the chap.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭mac_iomhair

Already mentioned.;)

I feel embarrassed for the chap.

Is there no "quality control" at RTE at all... My god you would have thought someone would have said... "marty this is a bit creepy and weird can you try and be normal"
    Its the worst I have seen in a long time!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 cc181187

The ad on google where it says there's a full 500 pages of Irish people complaining about stuff....sponsored link.....stfu get a life people

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

"Can you place your things on the natural table?" - The Denny ad that claims they're the only one who produce ham using "100% natural ingredients." How do they get away with that!?

The funny thing is that the ham on the "natural table" is in between 2 slices of no doubt highly-processed white bread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

It's crap.
    Is there no "quality control" at RTE at all... My god you would have thought someone would have said... "marty this is a bit creepy and weird can you try and be normal"
    Its the worst I have seen in a long time!

Ah Lads, I think you're both being a bit hyper-critical here.

I've only just seen the ad in the last hour and took it for what it was.

A bit of fun.

We've had decades of ads for GAA programmes on RTÉ where the focus was on "trying to be normal" as mac_iomhair puts it.

Just look at The Sunday Game for example, a programme so far up its own backside (and the backsides of the infallable Lords of the Croke Park Ard Comhairle) that even the most stalwart GAA supporters don't rush half way across the country after a match anymore to be home in time for it.

At least Marty Morrissey has a sense of humour and the ability to have a laugh (even if it is at his own expense), unlike most in RTÉ.

I say good luck to the man.

Furthermore, he's not just a pretty face ;), you'll have to search long and hard to find anyone on this island with as much knowledge and familiarity of gaelic games and the people involved with them as Marty.

The ad is just a bit of crack that takes the píss out of itself. Lighten up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

New Rabo Direct ads with some fool doing an awful Bill Hicks impression. :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement