Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Mr_Ekan

"Can you place your things on the natural table?" - The Denny ad that claims they're the only one who produce ham using "100% natural ingredients." How do they get away with that!?

Well the water they use to bulk out their ham is natural, and I guess the chunks of pig they bind together to form their cooked ham is natural as well. In the same way pus or snot is.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Hector Mildew

Mr_Ekan wrote: »
    Well the water they use to bulk out their ham is natural, and I guess the chunks of pig they bind together to form their cooked ham is natural as well. In the same way pus or snot is.

:) That's put me right off ham sandwiches for lunch!!

The Denny ad really annoys me, not because they make a point of using "100% natural ingredients," but because they claim to be the only producer to do so.

On many occasions I've bought, non Denny produced, hams which were dry cured without the use of synthetic (if that defines non natural?) preservatives or enhancers :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Referendum Commission ads.

Especially the woman at the end, a pure YES voter that's what she is :D Mammy McSmug, or should that be Von Smugberg.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Especially the end bit that keeps saying you must have ID . In all my years voting I've never been asked once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

KoolKid wrote: »
    Especially the end bit that keeps saying you must have ID . In all my years voting I've never been asked once.
    Dont you know of the epic scandal that is the youth of today partaking in underage voting? You should see them there, on friday nights, lining up to vote and not an age card among them.....for shame....FOR SHAME

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Aoife9 wrote: »
    I HATE him I switch over every time that ad starts! He's sooooooo creepy you are the only other person who I've ever heard complaining about him! so delighted someone else finally feels like me!! yack! I'd avoid Birdseye cos of that ad!

yup, always think, since when is a threatening stalking creepy sound polar teddy bear ok to use for advertising food. and not exactly child friendly ether the way he lies in the fridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvWoa1IIieM

This ad does my head in. "CLA 24/7 burns fat and magically reduces the size of your skeleton!! Watch as your hips shrink before your eyes!"

LOW LOW ad

With the girl in the middle of the screen trying to decide between good and bad. Very 80s, even her acting looks very 80s for some strange reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

1. That Jensen button one for head and shoulders "Im racing, Its bracing- its amazing" No its you playing tennis- getting a massage and washing your hair you twit!!!

2. Those Ikea kitchen ads with people dancing in the kitchens. "Im no good at chatting up" Its drives me nuts!!!

3. That Claims ad with the 2 headed guy scares the crap out of me and im 26! Hes so creepy looking i actually turned on my light after it- kept seeing him in my head!!!

4.That 3 mobile ad- with the Kid eating green veg and half the ireland squad behind him- and when he eats a bit they scream like he scaored a goal!!! GGGGGGGGGGGGGrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr just eat your veg ya spoilt brat!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

"Thoooomas Geeeear heeere! Check it oout!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

"Mum always puts the lettuce on first, then the ham"
    There's an awful amount of whiny little brats in ads lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭stephen090

Starting to majorly dislike those "48", Go Conquer adverts... The young, ‘hip’ Americans with their typical Beverley Hills "OMG" voices were totally unnecessary to portray a ‘cool product’ for young IRISH people!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

The special k ad where yer one sounds like she's talking about 'weeing myself in public'. Turns out she said 'weighing'. It's caught me out twice today!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

The new healthcare insurance ads with the close-ups of the people who look sad at first and then turn happy and it zooms out and you see their whole family and the music starts playing.

Makes me want to puke. I look away. There's something really not right about those ads. They're so cheap and cheesy and ridiculous.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

RVD420 wrote: »
    New Rabo Direct ads with some fool doing an awful Bill Hicks impression. :mad:

What are you talking about? Not this surely...?

I think it's a great ad. How is he "some fool", how is he "doing a Bill Hicks impression" and why the angry face?

Again, not sure if this is the ad you're talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭jupiterjack

that twat with the guitar singing about some internet provider i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 LuLu2012

that twat with the guitar singing about some internet provider i think.

WiMAX coming across the nation, imagine WiMAX the new sensation :D Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 16 LuLu2012

Has to be GO COMPARE Ahh I haate him >.< Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

KBC platform gawk.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,295 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Van Insurance ad

"Nice one Steve"

I hate that kant

• Advertisement

All of the ones that have linked on to the Euros particularly

1. Curries
    2. The newspaper ads with the father and son cut out heads, paint in the tricolour and with the thumbs up.
    3. Coco Cola ad is just weird
    4. And another Newspaper ad telling us about some crap free poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Is bark natural or unnatural........................NATURAL!

Every channel on the box has this ad, it does my head in.

Shove yer ham up yer arse Dennys coz i wont be eating it!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,542 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The Kilmeaden cheese ad where this young wan is on the couch texting and good old mammy makes her a sandwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

I saw a Kia ad with a soccer theme - and I say soccer, not football, because it had that really bland marketer's touch about it. It looked like it was made by Americans to appeal to the Hispanic market (where they watch "saaker"). Dire.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

The Ladbrookes betting ad with that old lad going up to people and screaming hystericly into their faces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

That Advanced Hair Studio ad that goes on for about 5 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Seems like every second ad on RTE now is Euro 2012 related.
    The worst is the reporter talking about the "Scrappatoni" deal. One of the most unlikeable cnuts to ever darken the small screen.

Seems like every second ad on RTE now is Euro 2012 related.
    The worst is the reporter talking about the "Scrappatoni" deal. One of the most unlikeable cnuts to ever darken the small screen.

Was wondering when he'd get a mention, its been a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,967 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

The wimax guy singing with his stupid guitar makes me want to punch my hand through the TV to throttle him, cannot stand that add

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Lucozade ad "Yes Your Weekend" - WTF? :confused:

Is "Yes" now a verb? How about making "No" a verb too, as in "No Your Soft Drink" ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement