Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

jpcarlow wrote: »
    That Advanced Hair Studio ad that goes on for about 5 mins

Oh Jeez that is one annoyinggggggggggggggggg ad, Such pathetic wimps :mad:.

That other POS ad about the "premature perspiration" .Making out men are just so pathetic, they sweat for anything:(. Pure Sexist!!

Mikosyko wrote: »
    KBC platform gawk.

Jases the bird in that ad tho....Id smash it proper :) *

* I'm not Richard Keys

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Since people tend to despise adverts in general, surely this thread should be renamed 'Adverts You Acually Like'....to distinguish the few noteworthy ads out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

grenache wrote: »
    Since people tend to despise adverts in general, surely this thread should be renamed 'Adverts You Acually Like'....to distinguish the few noteworthy ads out there.

I think there is a thread like that, buried somewhere like 2 pages long. Few people like ads aired on Irish TV enough to post about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

****ing **** stain meteor ad is back being just hilarious.

I would never advocate violence but I would happily smash that stupid girls face, the one telling the brother what to say in Spanish. Grrr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Varied wrote: »
    ****ing **** stain meteor ad is back being just hilarious.

I would never advocate violence but I would happily smash that stupid girls face, the one telling the brother what to say in Spanish. Grrr

I'd happily do the same to the scrawny ginger chap.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 12,872 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Van Insurance ad

"Nice one Steve"

I hate that kant

I can't stand that ad either.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

matthew8 wrote: »
    I think there is a thread like that, buried somewhere like 2 pages long. Few people like ads aired on Irish TV enough to post about them.

People like to complain. Few good ads. And I think there are about 5 attempts to have a thread about ads that are liked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

I would think that people that like ads are the same over positive marketing twats that produce them.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭trixie_belle12

The Bird's Eye ads with the creepy polar bear.. seriously he's creepy :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

Full moon, half moon....total eclipse!!

That old Jaffa cakes ad always annoyed me, obviously so seeing as I still remember it!

GastroBoy wrote: »
    Full moon, half moon....total eclipse!!

That old Jaffa cakes ad always annoyed me, obviously so seeing as I still remember it!

the ad for the american biscuits Oreos?

Youtube is the place of Ad fans, see then don't need a thread on boards :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭applehunter

That national lotto ad.

What difference would the gold club being on fire been?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

That national lotto ad.

What difference would the gold club being on fire been?
    plus considering he's blindfolded and dizzy then theres little chance of the guy gettin hit

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Maglight

The Bird's Eye ads with the creepy polar bear.. seriously he's creepy :(

Have to disagree. I love those ads just because the bear is so creepy. He used to be much worse. They have made him less threatening in recent ads. Not sure it helps sell frozen food, but it's pure entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Any ad where girls wake up and jump out of bed first thing in the morning with their make-up already on perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭croker1

That Heineken where urman is catching the trains around europe...
    Does anyone else think he's an absolute dick and thinks he's a hard man???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

croker1 wrote: »

Yeah, complete prick. Someone should nut him if he starts acting the hard man. That'd learn him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

I love the Paddy Power Euro 2012 vuvuzela advert though.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sweeney1971

Maeve from Centra, I could scratch her face off and the little gimp who buys stuff from her to have a party. He needs hardening up and be more of a man, I am sick to death of that ad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

logical thinking went out the window when they made that advert. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭croker1

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    logical thinking went out the window when they made that advert. :rolleyes:

He's the guy we all hate after a few drinks. Not a great idea from Heineken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

What about the American selling the 'No-No' hair removal thingy that's always on Tv3? She's is some dose to be watching when you are trying to eat your corn flakes

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Aine21

The ads encouraging you to pay your tv licence, particularly the interpretive dance one :-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭BeerSteakBirds

The KettleBell ''KettleworX'' advert that is on Tg4 right now. The pretend sincerity of the actresses and the stupid labored metaphors makes me understand why America is so violent. TV like this would seriously get on your nerves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

He's the guy we all hate after a few drinks. Not a great idea from Heineken

well, yeah that part, but also the part, where he got from paris to russia without having his passport and why on earth did he stay on the train retelling a crap story about the last drop of Heineken? (i'm guessing that's the guy we don't like much) and why oh why did he leave his g/f behind and why oh why did he not just get off at the next stop to go back to his g/f :rolleyes: and seriously what waiter would take some one drink any way when there clearly not finished with it. :rolleyes:it was probably one of the first of many things that popped into my head when i saw this advert. :o

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    why oh why did he leave his g/f behind and why oh why did he not just get off at the next stop to go back to his g/f :rolleyes:

In fairness it was an express train :D

The So Maggie ad, even the product name. Amilia goes to work, "good work Amelia".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭MarkHitide

He's the type that will turn into a serial killer at the first sign of hair loss!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

ANY phone company ad...... WHERE do they get the actors: Those accents, those slappable faces, those scripted attitudes. As soon as I see a phone company advert I automatically switch channels, surely defeating the point (although I suppose I'm helping them by posting these. ah well) Surely, as a group, phone company ads have an extremely high Wanna-punch-em-in-the-face factor. And the creators. Can they not see how annoying these ads are? The one with the fella on holidays talking to the English girl is the exception that proves the point as I do find that funny.

I give you THESE mutants

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

Thank you!! I found it annoying and funny. The oh so cool everyone loves him beautiful people trying to be tough.

That and the 3 mobile creat your live online invite where the dopey faced self loving idiot is guiding you around the nightclub. Grrrrrrrrr

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement