Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

that sports advert on rte with the guitar and drum which keeps going and going for nearly a minute, hurts my ears. have to turn the damn t.v off or change channels. we get it, there's a load of sports on at the moment. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

croker1 wrote: »
    That Heineken where urman is catching the trains around europe...
    Does anyone else think he's an absolute dick and thinks he's a hard man???

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    logical thinking went out the window when they made that advert. :rolleyes:

croker1 wrote: »
    He's the guy we all hate after a few drinks. Not a great idea from Heineken

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    well, yeah that part, but also the part, where he got from paris to russia without having his passport and why on earth did he stay on the train retelling a crap story about the last drop of Heineken? (i'm guessing that's the guy we don't like much) and why oh why did he leave his g/f behind and why oh why did he not just get off at the next stop to go back to his g/f :rolleyes: and seriously what waiter would take some one drink any way when there clearly not finished with it. :rolleyes:it was probably one of the first of many things that popped into my head when i saw this advert. :o

Yep, definitely not the greatest Heineken ad ever.

Was it made only for Irish audiences? I haven't seen it on any British channel...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Yep, definitely not the greatest Heineken ad ever.

Was it made only for Irish audiences? I haven't seen it on any British channel...

Heineken started out with the other train ad, which was developed by an Irish ad agency but filmed in South Africa. It was launched on Paddy's Day.

Rest of the ads come from different countries AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

I give you THESE mutants
    :eek: Enough! Enough! That was too much!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭blobcat

This one really creeps me out for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭J Bourke

Where do i start? Communication tool?! Ports?! Pleb doing random backflip for no reason!

Shhhhhkoda. Simply f*ck off! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

juan.kerr wrote: »
    Yeah, complete prick. Someone should nut him if he starts acting the hard man. That'd learn him.
    I'm waiting for the version where he comes the hard man with the Russian soldier and gets a rifle butt smashed in his nuts ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,872 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

The one with the fella on holidays talking to the English girl is the exception that proves the point as I do find that funny.

That's the one that I find most annoying

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

ANY phone company ad...... WHERE do they get the actors: Those accents, those slappable faces, those scripted attitudes. As soon as I see a phone company advert I automatically switch channels, surely defeating the point (although I suppose I'm helping them by posting these. ah well) Surely, as a group, phone company ads have an extremely high Wanna-punch-em-in-the-face factor. And the creators. Can they not see how annoying these ads are? The one with the fella on holidays talking to the English girl is the exception that proves the point as I do find that funny.

I give you THESE mutants

I want to murder that smarmy little four eyed twerp in the Eircom ad.His whole family even.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,475 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I'm sure it's been posted before but....

"I need to go, I need to get away from everything

I'll have to run to get away from here

I need to go, I need to get away from everything

Just for a while, I need to get away from here."

It would put me off visiting Ireland. :mad:

• Advertisement

Heroditas wrote: »
    I'm sure it's been posted before but....

"I need to go, I need to get away from everything

I'll have to run to get away from here

I need to go, I need to get away from everything

Just for a while, I need to get away from here."

It would put me off visiting Ireland. :mad:

Sorry just have to correct you on the words

I NEED TO GO, I NEED TO GET AWAY FROM EVERYTHING

I'LL HAVE TO RUN TO GET AWAY FROM HEREEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I NEED TO GO, I NEED TO GET AWAY FROM EVERYTING

JUST FOR A WHILE, I NEED TO GET AWAY FROM HERE".

Aprés Match Craig Doyle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭MarkHitide

blobcat wrote: »
    This one really creeps me out for some reason.

Weird......but not in a good way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

****in laya healthcare ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Varied wrote: »
    ****in laya healthcare ad.
    Its just bizarre, at least they had the sense to switch to the Male close up because that googley eyed moonfaced freak in the other ad was putting me off my food when she came on.

Not that the male version isn't just as bad, they're so fcuking ugly, my eye is always drawn to the little gimp-child on the right in it.

This Maggi 'Good work Em-il-y' chicken ad:

http://www.tellyads.com/show_movie.php?filename=TA14699

Its repulsive, its like an ad for chemicals not food, vile.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,542 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Don't hear it anymore but the ads for Quinn Direct that used to be on the radio, especially the one where this aul fella was going on about how "it's not all about the price and I won't be changing".

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

"I'd go back this minute if the price was right!" "And now the price is right...."

Urgh!!

Don't hear it anymore but the ads for Quinn Direct that used to be on the radio, especially the one where this aul fella was going on about how "it's not all about the price and I won't be changing".

Quinn Direct has been replace by

While quinn healthcare is now

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DuckStab

After giving the thread a quick search I'm pleased to see I'm not the only one with murderous intent towards the repellent little shytes in the eircom ads.
    Yet more graduates from the Dublin School of For Christ's Sake Look at Me, I'm Precocious!
    Phil and Oyy, Euww-pair, the internet's DAYYN, teew "expensive" to dayynload mewzik... ugh. I'm not one typically predisposed to violence but I hope that Harry-Potter-minus-the-testosterone had his glasses inserted in one orifice and pulled out another.

Oh and the only reason eircom is "uncongested" is because the ZyXel modem disconnects most of us every 10 minutes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

DuckStab wrote: »
    the internet's DAYYN

Seriously, who thought that having that horrible little brat on an ad was a good idea?

Maybe it's reverse psychology... maybe the parents (who pay the bill) want the internet to be DAYYN every so often so that little Madam might tidy up her room rather than Skyping Brett in Albuquerque!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

DuckStab wrote: »
    ...... I'm not one typically predisposed to violence ..........

It's not actually considered "violence" if it's deserved. Then it's only "payment" so, y'know, Justified! But, to be honest, as eye and ear gougingly awful as those Eircom ads are (And they do make my eyes, ears and palms bleed if I can't hit the remote soon enough), I don't think that Harry Potter mutant has too long to go. He really looks like he's on the way out.

Seeing the reaction from others to the Eircom ads actually makes me smile. It makes me believe the world is a little better place now I know I'm not the only one.:)

Maybe there should be a Boards annual pole as to worst ad on Irish TV. Surely the advertising "experts" who are bestowing this trauma on us would want to see the info. After all, if an ad makes you reflexively switch to another station and actually deters you from using their product, it's not doing the job and maybe it's time to use people outside of D4.

• Advertisement

It's not actually considered "violence" if it's deserved. Then it's only "payment" so, y'know, Justified! But, to be honest, as eye and ear gougingly awful as those Eircom ads are (And they do make my eyes, ears and palms bleed if I can't hit the remote soon enough), I don't think that Harry Potter mutant has too long to go. He really looks like he's on the way out.

Seeing the reaction from others to the Eircom ads actually makes me smile. It makes me believe the world is a little better place now I know I'm not the only one.:)

Maybe there should be a Boards annual pole as to worst ad on Irish TV. Surely the advertising "experts" who are bestowing this trauma on us would want to see the info. After all, if an ad makes you reflexively switch to another station and actually deters you from using their product, it's not doing the job and maybe it's time to use people outside of D4.

Followed by a poll to what is Ireland's favorite product in each of the 5 worst ads sectors.

Which health insurance do you have?

1. Laya
    2. VHI
    3. Aviva Healthcare
    4. I don't have any because their ads are sooooo ****. :)

On aviva ads this one really annoies me

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Renaults "Scrapatoni" bullsh1t. Its very hard to watch it without muttering violent profanity at your tv screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

I WANNA BUY YOUR HOUSE, I WANNA I WANNA BUY YOUR HOUSE RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT NOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Godawful ad for some toothpaste (Oral b?) featuring a female version of that "cheeky volvic" tosser.

"I'm a bit....................................................sceptical"

"Dunno if you can hear this...." then starts squaking her teeth. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

jpcarlow wrote: »
    I WANNA BUY YOUR HOUSE, I WANNA I WANNA BUY YOUR HOUSE RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT NOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW
    That is brillant.Best ad on telly

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭iCosmopolis

Rasheed wrote: »
    What about the American selling the 'No-No' hair removal thingy that's always on Tv3? She's is some dose to be watching when you are trying to eat your corn flakes

Hi, I'm kassie depaiva and I'm here to tell YOU....every 15 mins during the day on TV3/3E. Headwreck!!!!!!!!!!! I believe it's useless too, well according to reviews online (power of advertising eh, I actually checked :( ) My baby's completely obsessed with it though, stops everything to watch it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Surprised no one else has mentioned those ads with that old grey haired guy going up to people and shouting into their faces,think its for ladbrookes but I might be wrong.Something to do with betting anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

RVD420 wrote: »
    Godawful ad for some toothpaste (Oral b?) featuring a female version of that "cheeky volvic" tosser.

"I'm a bit....................................................sceptical"

"Dunno if you can hear this...." then starts squaking her teeth. :mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Every time she says "they're squeaking clean" I have to groan. It's SQUEAKY CLEAN you silly fool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

This makes me want to punch my telly.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭iCosmopolis

ALL of those cost plus sofa and beds etc. ads, especially the one with the p*xy country singing dog!
    Good honest broadband from yorkshire...they look like they're trying to sell bread, and I despise brass bands!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement