Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Mc Love wrote: »
    The scrappatoni renault ads - do my head in! They are so stupid!

I know. The words "scrap" and "trappatoni" aren't even remotely like one another, 3 letters, it would be stupid enough even if they were. It's just that it makes no sense. You'd have to wonder who came up with that amazing piece of inspiration.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I am so pissed off that there are still ads based around the Irish football team constantly running even after our disastrous exit in Euro 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

matthew8 wrote: »
    I am so pissed off that there are still ads based around the Irish football team constantly running even after our disastrous exit in Euro 2012.

Are you pissed off because they are so bad or because the Irish team have left the Euros.

Should we now have ads featuring the soccer players who scored against us at the Euros?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Elmo wrote: »
    Are you pissed off because they are so bad or because the Irish team have left the Euros.

Both. And actually any ad featuring Mario Balotelli would surely be better than all the other ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Naid23 wrote: »
    Hate the 'Wella, hair sponsors' on pretty much every show on Living tv.

That reminds me: "P&G. Proud sponsor of mums."

My wife asked me "hmmm, are they actually sponsoring something? Or are they just being patronising to anyone who buys their products?"

Quite...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72,531 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

It looks like finally - FINALLY - the makers of the 'Go Compare' ads have cottoned on that the viewing public find Gio Compario just a tad bit annoying, and seem to have now re-jigged their campaign into 'Kill Gio'!

About time! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

There are a couple of ads airing at the moment featuring large passenger airliners in improbable scenarios.

One is flying (scarily) low over a beach (Etihad) and the other one is for the Olympics with the plane going along the streets of London and over Tower Bridge etc.

Make me very uneasy these - like Air Crash Investigates scenes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭I_smell_fear

Not actually an advert, but anyone who listens to Newstalk radio...

'For Newstalk sport I'm CIAAAAAAAAN MURTAGH!'

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Any of those Go Compare ads get me grabbing for the remote.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

Not actually an advert, but anyone who listens to Newstalk radio...

'For Newstalk sport I'm CIAAAAAAAAN MURTAGH!'

Probably because the guy wasn't saying his name clearly. It originally sounded like "I'm Kia Murtagh"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

That Subway ad with the two olympic nobodies pretending they even eat that crap.

"I gaw a sensativ mouf aw-ite!"

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

kitakyushu wrote: »
    That Subway ad with the two olympic nobodies pretending they even eat that crap.

A bit like McDonald's being official Olympic partners.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

Actually I must must retract my "pretend they eat that crap".

In the ad they merely *imply* that they eat that crap. If you watch it carefully enough you'll note that nowhere in the ad do they actually expressly say they eat or have ever eaten Subway. That's all you need to know about their "endorsement" really. :rolleyes:

Why they didn't use Irish nobody's for Irish audiences?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Man rinsing mouthwash around his mouth all day. It's so american and annoying.

Subway aren't aware that ROI is separate to the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

The One Direct ad.

I'd love to kick that fat little muck savage in the nuts.

"Whan direct dot ie". :rolleyes:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭RedRightHand

Lager ads. They all seem to be aimed at 14 year olds.

National College Of Ireland.

Creepy add with a group of people reciting together what they want from a college in a low drone.

It feels more like they're trying to entice you into a cult than a college.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

KoolKid wrote: »
    Any of those Go Compare ads get me grabbing for the remote.
    Did you not see the last one? Even they know that the public doesn't like him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Subway aren't aware that ROI is separate to the UK.

Yes, they know that Ireland isn't England, and that it isn't Britain... but it's still all the UK, right?

Clueless...

National College Of Ireland.

Creepy add with a group of people reciting together what they want from a college in a low drone.

It feels more like they're trying to entice you into a cult than a college.

I hate that fcuking ad. Yer wan is like "I want this, I want that, I want the other..."

Well love, I want a Ferrari and a mansion in Malibu. Good luck with your education!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

One for some train ticket website on the uk satellite channels with a stupid song and people dressed up as clocks

Not clocks sum idiot dressed up as a mobile phone. Just seen the thing again. It somthing like trainline.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

That new Vanish ad with the teacher in the classroom, asking the children what colour things are and they answer in this really sing-songy mumble. I hate it. HATE IT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

That Truly Irish ad with various people....the guy at the end is ridiculous. they stupidly filmed his bit in the wind so his curly hair becomes a combover and his voice is as irritating as TB

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭bp1989

The ad where the man/woman gradually smiles wider and wider, until the camera pans out to reveal a happy family. I believe it's VHI.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

bp1989 wrote: »
    The ad where the man/woman gradually smiles wider and wider, until the camera pans out to reveal a happy family. I believe it's VHI.

Laya Healthcare.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

the advanced hair studio ad with Shane Warne :mad:

"Is what you were saying in the ad all true, or just great spin?"

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Any ad with that Muppet singing 1890 do do do do do.....

jpcarlow wrote: »
    That Truly Irish ad with various people....the guy at the end is ridiculous. they stupidly filmed his bit in the wind so his curly hair becomes a combover and his voice is as irritating as TB

Ah a chance to post this smack the pony sketch. I don't know what ad your talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Ah a chance to post this smack the pony sketch. I don't know what ad your talking about.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement