Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

jpcarlow wrote: »

I hate that ad. Mad culchies and their rashers.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

That one one the radio for National Radio Cabs with the Dub Rapper:eek:
    NRC taxi taxi taxi.....

Noisy Rappin' Cnut , more like,

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

el diablo wrote: »
    I hate that ad. Mad culchies and their rashers.

Its a strange thread. You can be either a culchie or a jackeen on Irish ads!

Elmo wrote: »

True but these people are uber-culchies. "Raaashers that don't shrivel up in the pan". :D

True but these people are uber-culchies. "Raaashers that don't shrivel up in the pan". :D

She isn't the worst. The man who is rolling his Rs. Or is this just our true uber-inferiority complex coming through?

• Advertisement

She isn't the worst. The man who is rolling his Rs. Or is this just our true uber-inferiority complex coming through?

Don't over-analyse it, Elmo. ;)

Don't over-analyse it, Elmo. ;)

No I suppose the guy from the subway ad has got a sensivive mouf 'lrigh'.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

What about all those Deefers with their pseudo-Estuarine English intonations and low-rent Cockney rhyming slang? :)

Regards...jmcc

jmcc wrote: »
    What about all those Deefers with their pseudo-Estuarine English intonations and low-rent Cockney rhyming slang? :)

Regards...jmcc

Wha? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

Wha? :confused:
    Apparently they ride around in Jo-Maxies and work in OorrTeeEeee. :) But are they really Dubs?

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement

jmcc wrote: »
    Apparently they ride around in Jo-Maxies and work in OorrTeeEeee. :) But are they really Dubs?

Regards...jmcc

No, they are not.

Regards...el diablo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

seriously if i hear that tesco advert about the douglas branch being closed due to flooding i'll scream, those of us in cork know that already. no need to repeat every 5 minutes.:mad: and we know about the branches in mahon and wilton.

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    seriously if i hear that tesco advert about the douglas branch being closed due to flooding i'll scream, those of us in cork know that already. no need to repeat every 5 minutes.:mad: and we know about the branches in mahon and wilton.

Those of us in the rest of the country haven't heard or seen those ads but thanks for the update I'll do my shopping in Wilton if I am down in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Jml ads on tv3 for cheap tat and stuff no one really needs. Last week it was a vegtable chopper last night it was a bra

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭donegal_man

That new Vanish ad with the teacher in the classroom, asking the children what colour things are and they answer in this really sing-songy mumble. I hate it. HATE IT!

Plus the fact that it's been dubbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

All the 2FM ads that RTE are incessantly running lately, especially the one with Colm Hayes running and telephones exploding alongside him. Someone tell him how ridiculous he looks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 davidgrn

Toothpaste ad where the woman keeps a video-log of her use and then rubs her teeth in the morning. "Listen, I don't know if you can hear but they're squeaky clean!"

Argh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

davidgrn wrote: »
    Toothpaste ad where the woman keeps a video-log of her use and then rubs her teeth in the morning. "Listen, I don't know if you can hear but they're squeaky clean!"

Argh!

The saving grace is that she's pretty hot!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

I hate that creepy freakbag in the advert for bogus insurance claims, the dude with the two faces... at first he looks like he's going to top himself and then he slowly turns around and he has the terrifying, unrepentant smile of a serial killer... there's a giant version of the ad in the Bus Áras now to brighten up everyone's day. Cheers for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Hatton goldsmiths ad. Go away please!

Little boy at the end

"My daddy works for Hatton goldsmiths they're the best well I think so anyways"

TAKE A BREATH SON

• Advertisement

Samich wrote: »
    Hatton goldsmiths ad. Go away please!

Little boy at the end

"My daddy works for Hatton goldsmiths they're the best well I think so anyways"

TAKE A BREATH SON

I would love to slap that little runt. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Fupping Grasshole

There's a new Yorkie ad, lads and lassies.

A brief history of what Yorkie ads meant to me:

There was a time when the Yorkie ads where a last frontier so to speak. Where the feminist foot had not yet stamped. A place where men could admit freely that they were in fact different to women: possibly stronger, tougher...god forbid one should make such an assertion in an ad to promote a product...but that was the fun.

The present:

It would seem a feminist has somehow infiltrated the once sacred Yorkie HQ and quite possibly has disposed of head Yorkie himself (no official confirmation as of yet)

....why?...

The new ad....

Features...a somewhat scrawny...dare I say it, a less than man sort of man. The ad begins with him looking into the booth of a hatchback (not traditionally classified as the most masculine of cars...sorry golf heads) There he's confronted with not one but seven shopping bags. He takes all seven, grasped in his bony feminine fingers and proceeds towards home (why he didn't park in front of his house I don't know, suggestions perhaps that the missus wears the pants and own that spot)

Queue a simulated fake explosion as he walks, shopping bags clutched firmly in his grasp. Now on first viewing, I think fcuk yea...this is the proper man sh*t I'm accustomed to with me Yorkie ads. Be fooled not my friend.

After kicking open the gate, and awkwardly opening his front door he enters the hallway and drops the bags. The whole thing reeks of awkwardness and stupidity. He takes the once fabled bar from his pockets (which, if this where true to life would be a soggy mess due to body heat, not to mention broken since he's wearing skinny (feminine) jeans and bending over every second...the bending over of course has further connotations I won't mention here.)

The ad finishes with him looking to the missus as though to say "I'm man, look what I've done)...brought in the messages. Here comes the climax of the feminist movement in destructing the mans ad. She looks disinterested, continues to read her mags whilst shaking her head disapprovingly as though to say..."Men, ya's dopes...we women are great and do that without the drama, bring in one bag at a time because we're sensible, intelligent and so much better than you because we don't care about acting like...well men!"

I despise this ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭nacimroc

/SINGING

Insher.ie.... insher.ie, just be sher to be inshered with insher.ie!! Drives me f**kin demented!

/END SINGING

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I hate that smartphone ad where at the end it says "here's Matt". Like WTF. My friend gets a smartphone and now he can spy on me? It freaks me out.

There's a new Yorkie ad, lads and lassies.

A brief history of what Yorkie ads meant to me:

There was a time when the Yorkie ads where a last frontier so to speak. Where the feminist foot had not yet stamped. A place where men could admit freely that they were in fact different to women: possibly stronger, tougher...god forbid one should make such an assertion in an ad to promote a product...but that was the fun.

The present:

It would seem a feminist has somehow infiltrated the once sacred Yorkie HQ and quite possibly has disposed of head Yorkie himself (no official confirmation as of yet)

....why?...

The new ad....

Features...a somewhat scrawny...dare I say it, a less than man sort of man. The ad begins with him looking into the booth of a hatchback (not traditionally classified as the most masculine of cars...sorry golf heads) There he's confronted with not one but seven shopping bags. He takes all seven, grasped in his bony feminine fingers and proceeds towards home (why he didn't park in front of his house I don't know, suggestions perhaps that the missus wears the pants and own that spot)

Queue a simulated fake explosion as he walks, shopping bags clutched firmly in his grasp. Now on first viewing, I think fcuk yea...this is the proper man sh*t I'm accustomed to with me Yorkie ads. Be fooled not my friend.

After kicking open the gate, and awkwardly opening his front door he enters the hallway and drops the bags. The whole thing reeks of awkwardness and stupidity. He takes the once fabled bar from his pockets (which, if this where true to life would be a soggy mess due to body heat, not to mention broken since he's wearing skinny (feminine) jeans and bending over every second...the bending over of course has further connotations I won't mention here.)

The ad finishes with him looking to the missus as though to say "I'm man, look what I've done)...brought in the messages. Here comes the climax of the feminist movement in destructing the mans ad. She looks disinterested, continues to read her mags whilst shaking her head disapprovingly as though to say..."Men, ya's dopes...we women are great and do that without the drama, bring in one bag at a time because we're sensible, intelligent and so much better than you because we don't care about acting like...well men!"

I despise this ad.

And someone suggested that I not over analysis this thread!

Real they should have had her come in from the shopping to tell her "partner" to bring in the messages. Then we would know it was her car and that he did the right thing by bring in the messages in one go to get back to the TV.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Acacia wrote: »
    I hate that creepy freakbag in the advert for bogus insurance claims, the dude with the two faces... at first he looks like he's going to top himself and then he slowly turns around and he has the terrifying, unrepentant smile of a serial killer... there's a giant version of the ad in the Bus Áras now to brighten up everyone's day. Cheers for that.
    I love that ad.It's so bad it's good.They haven't shown it in a while though I wonder has it been pulled for scaring kids?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭qwert2

I ****ing hate that song from the Nikon advert. So smug and pretentious

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭patk72

Beds ect i like dogs but this is one,i hope ends up on a chinese dinner plate WTF were they thinking having a dog acting like a texan, i'd feckin sleep on rusty razor blades than buy a bed from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

all of them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭e-sull

JoeA3 wrote: »
    All the 2FM ads that RTE are incessantly running lately, especially the one with Colm Hayes running and telephones exploding alongside him. Someone tell him how ridiculous he looks.

THIS. The whole string of ads is a complete rip off of the ones BBC Radio 1 did a few years ago.. The ones with Zane Lowe jumping into the exploding room, Chris Moyles on the horse, etc.. Around 2009 I think.

At least the Beeb could pull them off.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement