Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

That Ulster Bank lad on the radio every 10 minutes apologizing & telling us all what a great job they are doing sorting everyone out .

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

RTÉ's ad for Criminal Minds, its not a bad ad it just a pity the show is so bad causing the ad to look bad.

The actors look of shock and horror as one of the characters are not dead, such bad acting.

At the end the returning character says "You have mourned the loss of one friend, I mourned the lose of six".

I was sure she was saying sex!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,872 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Elmo wrote: »
    At the end the returning character says "You have mourned the loss of one friend, I mourned the lose of six".

I was sure she was saying sex!

Lol, that's what I thought she said too.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭whatever99

The newest 123.ie ad, where the girl at the start has either had a bad lip job done or just pouts like that. She drives me insane!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Morethan.

they like Morgan Freemans Voice, but not his skin colour or what he charges for a genuine voiceover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

That new Vanish ad with the teacher in the classroom, asking the children what colour things are and they answer in this really sing-songy mumble. I hate it. HATE IT!

It's awful alright, especially as the basic premise was done, far better, about 10 years ago for a toothpaste ad

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I can't believe TV channels let that 123 ad run, I instantly change the channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Ads for companies sponsoring the olympics telling the public (mainly in uk) how great their company is and the great support their giving the olympics and teams and the wonderful things they are offering the public are getting a bit uch now the equivilant for xmas ads being aired in october

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

DEAR GOD BEDS ETC IS NOW USING STAR TREK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭BeerSteakBirds

I have no particular axe to grind against junkfood however any advert where the likes of McDonalds and Coca Cola sponsor the Olympics as ''official snackfoods'' of the Olympic teams etc I find extremely irritating. It would actually be unbelieveable to a rational alien intelligence which had escaped being corrupted by the local mindset which takes this for granted that unhealthy junkfood could be the official snack of something where the very best in human health and performance is being showcased. Impressionable kids watching these sports will not mentally register that those foods and any goal to be like their heroes must be extremely separate indeed. Real life is stranger than fictional satire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭gidget

That Vodafone ad where everyone's dressed as doubles skipping & dancing around the place all cheerful looking!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,717 ✭✭✭✭briany

Comedy Central are airing these horrific and unbelievably obnoxious ads for Friends. Here's the latest one

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Suas11 wrote: »
    Lol, that's what I thought she said too.

Me also, then I realized "oh six". The actors are fine usually, but they do look like random people picked up off the street in that clip. A pretty good show at times, you just have to completely suspend belief and live in an alternate reality for a while, an occasional guilty pleasure. Knowing RTE's timing, this is probably the exact incident people will point to as the "jumping the shark" moment... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

briany wrote: »
    Comedy Central are airing these horrific and unbelievably obnoxious ads for Friends. Here's the latest one

oh mother of god :rolleyes: ok i love comedy central taking up friends, even though i have the entire boxset, i still love watch it on t.v But those adverts are annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

2 words: GO COMPARE!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Stupid Carlsberg ad with the Great Escape theme every ad break now.

Thargor wrote: »
    Stupid Carlsberg ad with the Great Escape theme every ad break now.

If Carlsberg did ads

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

What? Didn't Guinness release the exact same ad?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Elmo wrote: »

errr... what the hell is that for the last 10 seconds of the clip?

errr... what the hell is that for the last 10 seconds of the clip?

I assume to prove that only a select few ads in the 80s were any good. :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

That current coors ad where yer man is signalling to his buddys in the bar and the dancers around him start copying him is a complete ripoff of an ad for something else that was out about five or six years ago.Can't remember what it was for but there was a black guy in a nightclub signalling with his hands that he was driving home and the people on the dancefloor copy him.Like the coors ad it was ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

darkdubh wrote: »
    That current coors ad where yer man is signalling to his buddys in the bar and the dancers around him start copying him is a complete ripoff of an ad for something else that was out about five or six years ago.Can't remember what it was for but there was a black guy in a nightclub signalling with his hands that he was driving home and the people on the dancefloor copy him.Like the coors ad it was ****e.

theres another few for coors with jean claude van dam(i think) dressed in black shoes white socks jeans and a sleeveless denim shirt. the latest one hes lying in snow making snow angels and there was one before where he breaks off his hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

patk72 wrote: »
    Beds ect i like dogs but this is one,i hope ends up on a chinese dinner plate WTF were they thinking having a dog acting like a texan, i'd feckin sleep on rusty razor blades than buy a bed from there.
    what the hell has dogs got to do with beds, it gives me the creaps:eek::eek: the one where the 2dog,s are in bed and the bedcover rises up as to give affect of a broken spring, when i saw it first i had to double take cos i realy thought it was something else;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

I NEED TO GO I NEED TO GET AWAY FROM HERE !

Everytime I hear that annoying song it makes me think well if I holiday abroad this year at least I'll be getting a break from that dam ad !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Majesticzebras

The Bulmers Ad about apps and apples...aaaagggghhhh! Really hate it! Patronising s@&€?!

Quite like the Coors one though :o
    (they were both on within two minutes of each other....the beds etc one is truly terrifying:eek:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

That simpleton Hector O'Huchaeaieienneain and his ad for his breakfast show.

The ad is crap and I've no idea what it's supposed to mean. :confused:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Come to think of it... Anything with Hector in it.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Bishop_Donal

I'm Jim Ryan and I'm the head of branch banking at Ulster Bank......

We've 'helped' 100,000 customers so far.

We've made a promise that none of our customers will be permanently left out of pocket ..... and we intend to keep it.

Big swing. You mean ye actually intend to keep your promise... wow,
    The next time I hear this crap on the radio I'm going to drive in the front window of the nearest Ulster Bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭donegal_man

The new Persil ad where the bunch of repulsive stage school brats play 'we will rock you' in the garage. For shame Queen, for shame :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

KoolKid wrote: »
    Come to think of it... Anything with Hector in it.:eek:

I'm the same regarding Hector.Tho my feelings pale in comparison when compared to that guy from Kerry who does presenting work on TG4. Maybe I'm just a gaelgoir racist.

I can't think of his name (Daithi something perhaps?) but he's a real 80's throwback (despite I'd say he's prob only about 35-40?). He thinks he's a real comedian and a charmer but truth be told he's nothing of the sort. Kind of a poor mans David Hasselhoff in reality.

Can't be bothered even looking up his name but I'd say you all know the guy. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement