Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Am I alone in absolutely despising the ads that the voices clearly don't belong to the actors? I genuinely hate the sloppiness of those ads!

Usually the mouth isn't moving half the time!?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

phasers wrote: »
    The new Eircom ad with that horrible little child is my current most hated ad.

"Do you like free music? No study Hub? We're done here"

I feckin hate brats on television!
    The guy with the glasses in that ad looks like a child molester.If I was the dad I wouldent be leaving my kids alone with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

darkdubh wrote: »
    The guy with the glasses in that ad looks like a child molester.If I was the dad I wouldent be leaving my kids alone with him.

I'd hardly call the middle of a party alone...

juan.kerr wrote: »
    I'd hardly call the middle of a party alone...
    Maybe so.But haveyou seen that follow up ad where theres a voiceover and he's there alone looking very shifty?The reason hes got broadband is for one thing only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Also all ads where people dislike each other, like the nasty one about the elderly parents painting their middle-aged son's room so he'll leave. It's meant to be funny, but it's pretty insensitive at a time when a lot of people have to live with their parents and have no choice.

And all ads that sneer at men for being charmingly incompetent, like the one with the two women with colds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

The Veet Wax ad, "I don't burn myself"

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Fionne

Aviva - the one with (what looks like) Mario Rosenstock doing an impression of a Cork greyhound owner. Dire.

Laya Healthcare - the one where yer wan is just staring dumbly at the camera and gradually starts to smile - I've lost the will to want to look after my health once I've seen that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Allyall wrote: »
    The Veet Wax ad, "I don't burn myself"
    This, she sounds so stupid when she says it

That and the one for that boat company where that gobdaw says "AND I CAN USE MY PHONE" Well woopdidoo to you sir

And the Oral B one with the guy on the girl supposedly flirting
    In real life if he had've said that his stop was "3 stops ago" like he does in the ad he would've got a restraining order taken out against him

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

jpcarlow wrote: »
    That and the one for that boat company where that gobdaw says "AND I CAN USE MY PHONE" Well woopdidoo to you sir

Not sure if you missed the point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

darkdubh wrote: »
    Maybe so.But haveyou seen that follow up ad where theres a voiceover and he's there alone looking very shifty?The reason hes got broadband is for one thing only.

The grind service?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Elmo wrote: »
    Not sure if you missed the point

Nope, just still didnt care for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

the guy with long hair selling windows "buy one get one free i said buy on get one free" WRECKS MY HEAD

jpcarlow wrote: »
    Nope, just still didnt care for it.

lol It might make it worse that Dom Jolly is milking it at this stage.

That coffee ad where this child is in class and he gives a packet of coffee to his female teacher.Then the kids mother comes in and grabs it off her in a very aggressive manner and leaves without a word.Slightly disturbing ad,kind of reminds me of those nutters who turn up at schools and attack the teacher because of some real or imagined slight on their little darlings.

And all ads in which people nod approvingly at each other. Triple that for ads where children nod approvingly. I only have to see an ad with children to have a distinct fellow-feeling for Herod.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭donegal_man

........... I only have to see an ad with children to have a distinct fellow-feeling for Herod.

BRAVO th_clap-animated-animation-clap-smiley.gif
    Couldn't agree more

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

BRAVO th_clap-animated-animation-clap-smiley.gif
    Couldn't agree more

Agreed

tumblr_lkv2ewWdmJ1qj9qhto1_500.gif

And all ads in which people nod approvingly at each other. Triple that for ads where children nod approvingly. I only have to see an ad with children to have a distinct fellow-feeling for Herod.

You believe that one of the children in an ad might dethrone you???? Bit paranoid of you, wouldn't you say?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,475 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Also all ads where people dislike each other, like the nasty one about the elderly parents painting their middle-aged son's room so he'll leave. It's meant to be funny, but it's pretty insensitive at a time when a lot of people have to live with their parents and have no choice.

And all ads that sneer at men for being charmingly incompetent, like the one with the two women with colds.

A prime example is the Done deal.ie ad where the wife sells her husband.
    Could you imagine the uproar from the sandal-wearers and the bra burners if it had been the other way around?

Heroditas wrote: »
    A prime example is the Done deal.ie ad where the wife sells her husband.
    Could you imagine the uproar from the sandal-wearers and the bra burners if it had been the other way around?

Sooooo patronising to both men and women, that nasty ad. What were they thinking of?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Those Cost Plus Sofas ads from a few months back, featuring a particularly attractive young lady.

It's pretty clear that the makers of these ads, and the people who run Cost Plus Sofas, thought that everyone had or needs to have HDTV. Why else would they have got the young lady to stand so far away from the camera?! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Also the latest Beds Etc ad, featuring that crappy CGI dog floating in space and then standing outside a store with similarly bad CGI recreations of Spock and Worf.

worf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭seanpjs93

The Harvey's ad that comes on before Coronation Street on UTV
    Go Compare, they've now realised people hate the opera fella and they're finding ways to kill him, it's ridiculous
    Plenty, you can only hear one sh*t so many times before it gets unfunny
    Any GAA ad that plays music over it to make it seem more important than it really is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

the vanish add where yer wan asks the kids what colour things are.

I flipping hate that basket add.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

That Galaxy ad with that lady finding a bar inside a box has been shown to death now.

Surely it's time for a new one?!?! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I hate when they use kids in a manner they think we will think it's cute or endearing. It's not. It may be, if it happened naturall, but not when the kid is some brat from acting school, and as useless as the script for the advert.

The Oreo kid under the table with the dad. *Shudder*

The Dublin Bus advert, where they have a girl "Acting" like those annoying bints in real life. There's no exaggerating for artistic performance, or whatever. She just comes across as annoying as they really are. Which is annoying.

The other Dublin Bus ad with the twat at the ticket machine.

The new KFC advert with the 100 year old joke (said wrong), and three idiots..
    That's Nacho Burger.. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Phew.. Some off my chest..

Oh, and all the charity ones with annoying songs in the background..

Concern (Song - "Ree ree.. ree..ree.. I saaww your paaiinn.. i felltt your pain..") Baby Mali is starving, with just €2 a month..

And all of those similar adverts. They will never get a penny from me as long as they are all churning out identical **** adverts..

I must have got out of bed badly this morning.. These ads are really annoying me..

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

Sorry, I know this a television forum but, here goes.

The Today FM breaks ad on radio.
    Where that lady rings up her fella, "We need to go an break".....
    The simpering gob****e on the other end of the line makes my blood boil, then he ultimately turns into even more of simpering gob****e, "me likey, me likey"!!

Ugh!!

AND, the accent of the one who does the sting at the end of the ad,
    "log in, chi lou'tttttttt!!! :mad:

Those "there are several ways of paying your tv license" ads are just embarrasing,not one bit funny.And the radio ads are even worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Just seen another bloody touchy-feely Halifax ad with a choir. Made me want to put my foot through the TV.

It features their cuddly choir (in Halifax corporate uniforms, ugh...) singing Foreigner's "I wanna know what love is", while a scrawny, underfed-looking couple check out a variety of undesirable, kippy properties.

Score on the vomit-ometer? A perfect 10. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭optogirl

The kids band ad...on the drums JACK. I hate these children. I hate them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement