Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

The Eircom ad with the "IT expert" kid - a blatant rip off of Uncle Buck. The McDonald's futuristic campaign that is just a rip off of Futurama. The return of the Bord Bia Beardy McSmug. All the Denny ads. All VHI ads. Annoying Low Low ad. 2-2-2-2-2-2 1890, Pat Shortt has never been funny. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

RVD420 wrote: »
    The Eircom ad with the "IT expert" kid - a blatant rip off of Uncle Buck. The McDonald's futuristic campaign that is just a rip off of Futurama. The return of the Bord Bia Beady McSmug. All the Denny ads. All VHI ads. Annoying Low Low ad. 2-2-2-2-2-2 1890, Pat Shortt has never been funny. :mad:

Yep, I have to agree with all of them especially the McDonalds ad ("an antique radio, tuurtee grand" :rolleyes:) and the "Whan Direct.ie" ad (with yer man off D'unbearables).. :(

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

RVD420 wrote: »
    The Eircom ad with the "IT expert" kid - a blatant rip off of Uncle Buck. The McDonald's futuristic campaign that is just a rip off of Futurama. The return of the Bord Bia Beardy McSmug. All the Denny ads. All VHI ads. Annoying Low Low ad. 2-2-2-2-2-2 1890, Pat Shortt has never been funny. :mad:
    Agree about Pat Shortt.Jon Kenny was the funny one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Every 123.ie ad, especially the one with your woman and her botox lips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

That "I ham" cont bloody pig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭moonandstars

gaelicred wrote: »
    Watched 10 seconds of it shocking
    This is brilliant! Pure Irish haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

Everyone who works on the Beds Etc adverts just need to give up..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Hatton goldsmiths what is the point in that kid at the end :confused: Aside from demonstrating that he can read two sentences really fast, so they run into each other and make no sense whatsoever.

amdublin wrote: »
    Hatton goldsmiths what is the point in that kid at the end :confused: Aside from demonstrating that he can read two sentences really fast, so they run into each other and make no sense whatsoever.

The question then becomes - how many takes did they do before giving up and just leaving it like that? I wont believe that child said that line more than once.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 toshsat

The worst ad out there has to be the PARTY BINGO ad,with the 2 fat slags.
    Im like a ninga jumping around to room looking for the remote

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

The new meteor ad for unlimited Internet or some bollox....Woy Foy....ehhnm its WiFi ya cnut

The new 1euro each day for 1million lotto ad. Two hipster twats..

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭antonymous

Confused.com ads, unnecessary over use of animated boob jiggles

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The TV3 champions league coverage ad does my head in!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Mc Love wrote: »
    The TV3 champions league coverage ad does my head in!
    Yeah its so pathethically amateur, like something some primary school kids did with the schools 10 year old camcorder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭MarkHitide

The new Samaritans ad.
    Although it probably works, as it is likely to turn the suicidal into the homicidal-

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Hello.ie with the obnoxious smug kid "it's so simple even an adult can understand it"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Just seen the creepy Oral B ad with the stalker ("So, where are you getting off?" "Three stops back") Really, a product called oral that involves someone telling a woman that he got off three stops back!
    The other thought that struck me is that Tess Daly(?) is so white she looks as if she washes her face with the stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

New Three ad with a Hairy Mc Smug talking about how great their flexi-plans are or some nonsense...

It should be noted that said Hairy McSmug also starred in the annoying Dubliner cheese ad, "I'm their aunt....their .... younger ....aunt!"

Also, VHI maintaining top marks for annoyance.... "Caoimhe is into everything...sorrrffffing...."

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

That bollix banging on about being thrifty and ashika or whatever it's called

" thrifty " to me means miserable sod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,542 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The Kilmedean ad where this smug looking guy is making a toasted sandwich for his kid.

The Lyons tea ads.

The VHI ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The new Denny ham ad.
    Mother making her little boy a sandwich and she says in a really strong accent "What do yee think? That alrighh for yee?"
    It's surprising cos it's not the kind of accent you expect her to have when you look at her.
    Plus it's a ham sandwich and he's about four...don't be asking what he thinks!

Also hate the new Kelloggs Breakfast Biscuits ad where a man in a dressing gown jumps on a train looking for Sue.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,914 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

antonymous wrote: »
    Confused.com ads, unnecessary over use of animated boob jiggles

Exactly, it's not anime! :pac:

Besides, the song is ear-stabbingly horrible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

The current E-mobile add.

Apart from the scruffy guy with the obvious learning disability asking lots of questions, has anyone noticed that "Head of No Limits" Aoife looks like she drank a bottle of bronzer since her last ad?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Bizarre 48 ad. WTF??

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭kylie123

Oh yeah. How about that stupid frigging TV licence ad - where the dorky looking eejit prances around the sofa looking like a complete dickhead. Jeez he must have felt stupid doing that ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Bizarre 48 ad. WTF??

Why, every 48 ad is bizarre... ;)

http://www.youtube.com/user/48GoConquer

<ASIDE>

How many people actually regard all of the 48 months between their 18th and 22nd birthdays as the best ones of their lives? I certainly don't...

</ASIDE>

Those AIB "Big Drive for Small Business" ads are getting a bit tiresome now, TBH.

While it's undoubtedly good to see these ambitious and well-intentioned small businesses brave it out in the current hostile environment, it's always rather jarring when their ads end and their founders/MDs appear on that purple background with the AIB logo next to them...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I hate that VHI ad with Sinead talking about how great VHI are "when you have a tiny baby and a huuuusband blah blah ....and that's what I love about VHI" - I HATE the way she says husband ggrrrrr

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

FFS they've brought back those foxes biscuit ads with that wretched cartoon panda.I thought we'd seen the last of that cnut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,163 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Bizarre 48 ad. WTF??

I hated their last one with the American/Irish accents talking shíte in a nightclub but I kind of like this ad.

''Go, go, go conka!'' :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement