Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Anyone know this ad?

It starts with a few Japanese singers that are human and then they turn into cartoon characters, all the while singing. Have no idea what the ad is for.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,163 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Anyone know this ad?

It starts with a few Japanese singers that are human and then they turn into cartoon characters, all the while singing. Have no idea what the ad is for.

That?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

That's the one. Fair play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

As Roy Chubby Brown said, "When a woman is advertising toothpaste, she's brushing her teeth in from of the mirror."

"When she's advertising shampoo, she's in the shower washing her hair."

"How come every time she's advertising tampons, she's either playing fu*king squash or riding a bike?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Go compare, drives me mad

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

alie wrote: »

oh, how original

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Bleed'n 123.ie!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

alie wrote: »

oh, how original
    Well it does annoy me, and thanks !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Emeraldy Pebbles

leahyl wrote: »
    I hate that VHI ad with Sinead talking about how great VHI are "when you have a tiny baby and a huuuusband blah blah ....and that's what I love about VHI" - I HATE the way she says husband ggrrrrr

+ 1,000,000

The way she says "tiny babies" pisses off my fella, but the way she says husband annoys me more. It sounds so incredibly affected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭robbiezero

FonE wrote: »
    Aviva - the one with (what looks like) Mario Rosenstock doing an impression of a Cork greyhound owner. Dire.

Laya Healthcare - the one where yer wan is just staring dumbly at the camera and gradually starts to smile - I've lost the will to want to look after my health once I've seen that.

Deffo.
    Awful ad. The accent is just ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

i know this has been said already on this thread, but that damn Heineken advert with your man.:mad::mad: still playing. annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

YEAH RSA WE GET IT !!! WE GET IT !!! TEXTING CAUSES YOU TO LOSE CONCENTRATION !!! JASUS !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭if832uspx4eogt

There's an ad on the radio for Harvey Norman with this wan going on about "great deals" "brilliant deals you won't get anywhere else" in the most unbelievably boring voice I've ever heard. She is supposed to saying how great this offers are, and she sounds bored off her tits.

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

The one of the poorly animated dog, graphics circa 1997 "to boldly sleep.." as a member if the fupping starship enterprise crew. Beds etc or something

Got to be the most cringe ad of all time for me... even from a local small business perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

The one of the poorly animated dog, graphics circa 1997 "to boldly sleep.." as a member if the fupping starship enterprise crew. Beds etc or something

Got to be the most cringe ad of all time for me... even from a local small business perspective.

Maybe not the most cringeworthy ad... that honour might be reserved for the other Beds Etc. ad from a few weeks back. :D

And in this ad, the guy is still saying "Beds Ek-cetera" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

What about the ad with the couple in bed and the girl wants a coffee. Rather than go out and get proper coffee (or even make proper coffee in the kitchen), he uses some instant powder, sticks his head out the door to pretend he was outside, and gives her coffee in her own mug.

Anyone who thinks that stuff is 'barista style' coffee is a moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,047 ✭✭✭squonk

Those LAYA ads with the closeup of the face which turns over time into some stupid smiling pose is just brutal. The guy and the girl are equally annoying.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Those National Lottery daily millions ads are really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Admiral multicar.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

A lot of people's fears are confirmed and Mario Rosenstock seems to be making a series out of the Aviva ad's.The follow up to the Cork greyhound owner I saw with the sound turned down but he appears to be playing some sort of D4 rugger bugger.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭donegal_man

If you want to see just how annoying and manulative these ads get check the Aviva UK versions with Paul Whitehouse *SHUDDER*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

I have never wanted to watch a tv show less than the latest Craig Doyle vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

This one has probably already been mentioned but just in case it hasn't, Boots - Here come the girls ads. Especially the one with your woman practicing her speech about her bikini body in a supposedly empty house, then walks into a living room full of people. Jesus she is so annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

A seemingly never-ending ad for Harvey Norman where a bunch of goons are going on about how great it is to shop at H.N. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,914 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Confucius says...that ad for some anti-snoring device is a load of sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

There is an ad for a Max Factor make-up product, with some small print that is actually legible on the cinema screen -- which is how I noticed this gem:

81% of 98 women agree.

Lets do the maths on that. 81% of 98 is 79.38.

79 regular women and a midget?

Why not just survey 100 women? Or if you're going to go with a weird poll size, why not say 100% of 79 women agree?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

The McDonalds ad with the theme from Cheers, sacrilege....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

marwelie wrote: »
    The McDonalds ad with the theme from Cheers, sacrilege....

"All our beef is 100% Oirish".

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

Mr E wrote: »
    There is an ad for a Max Factor make-up product, with some small print that is actually legible on the cinema screen -- which is how I noticed this gem:

81% of 98 women agree.

Lets do the maths on that. 81% of 98 is 79.38.

79 regular women and a midget?

Why not just survey 100 women? Or if you're going to go with a weird poll size, why not say 100% of 79 women agree?

Ha, this stuff has been annoying me a whole pile recently-quite a few products from seemingly worldwide massive companies use stats like that. Make-up, shampoo etc. Im pretty sure I saw an ad at some stage for a new Gillettes shaver where approximately 79% of 68 men agreed it was a great shave. What?? And you're actually revealing that?

The other range of ads currently ruining my life, are the ones that use the rather overly obvious effort to become your friend by giving you their name. I recently saw an ad break that made me want to scream with melodramatic frustration! Firstly Eddy Moore from CalorGas goes on his way to see Julie. Urgh! Secondly, and a bit more dramatically its time to BRIGHTEN UP YOUR DAY with Maebh from Centra "You're gonna need more ice than that!". Have you seen the ludicrousity of that ad lately? Go on...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cka0IPFICbY :pac:
    Lastly in the sequence, Benecol contains things that lowers cholesterol and other miscellaneous extremely positive claims. Grand lets just leave it there ok. No. "Because as Maeve says thats a fact." Oh right? So if Maeve says it. And Maeves a great girl is she. Done a lot of research in this area has she? Knows more than me? I dont know her, what she looks like, what she sounds like, what her politics are, even if thats her name, or if she will grow up someday to work in Centra and try to BRIGHTEN UP MY DAY...but she says its a fact does she. Ok. Ill try a carton then. :mad:

And breathe :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement