Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

darlett wrote: »
    Benecol contains things that lowers cholesterol and other miscellaneous extremely positive claims. Grand lets just leave it there ok. No. "Because as Maeve says thats a fact." Oh right? So if Maeve says it. And Maeves a great girl is she. Done a lot of research in this area has she? Knows more than me? I dont know her, what she looks like, what she sounds like, what her politics are, even if thats her name, or if she will grow up someday to work in Centra and try to BRIGHTEN UP MY DAY...but she says its a fact does she. Ok. Ill try a carton then. :mad:

That wan drives me nuts and she has a friend - Rachel. Rachel did some research when she decided to move on from breastfeeding and 'heard' that iron is good for babies.. Seriously? She heard it? Needing iron is a rumour now? And that was her research? Give me strength!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I just saw a Christmas-themed DFS ad. I love Christmas. I'm already excited about it. But it's the middle of October ffs. I had the TV on mute so I didn't hear the ad but I can only assume that it's a pile of sh1te.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

That hello.ie ad with the kid drives me nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I have never wanted to watch a tv show less than the latest Craig Doyle vehicle.

I think I want to cancel my NTL subscription now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Stheno wrote: »
    That hello.ie ad with the kid drives me nuts.

I'd rather pay through the nose for my insurance than have that little so-and-so inflicted on me again.

The inventor of the mute button will have my eternal gratitude for helping me overcome these sort of travesties

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

I think I want to cancel my NTL subscription now.

<PEDANT>

UPC, you mean. ;)

</PEDANT>

Bank of Ireland's latest ad, featuring all those dancers. WTF?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

The ad for wifi with yer man dancing with the tranny.That old "accidentily walking into a gay bar" or "unwittingly getting off with a tranny" trope has been done to death down the years re Only Fools And Horses Police Academy and Trainspotting.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Brad Pitt's Chanel No. 5's ad was going to appear here it was .... inevitable :rolleyes:

No Nonsence insurance which has from €201 and in the small print stats that it is for a 40 year old woman accountant .... <<<< Not sure if its part of the joke! Does profession matter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭coonecb1

Hate the McDonalds "we know the name of our farmers, aren't we great" ads.

Wow, doesn't change the fact that your food is making our nation obese!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

The eircom Phonewatch ad where Niamh the eircom girl actually invites the burglars into the house. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Anyone else find the Mc Donalds ad to the Cheers Theme totally irrelevant...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

coonecb1 wrote: »
    Hate the McDonalds "we know the name of our farmers, aren't we great" ads.

Wow, doesn't change the fact that your food is making our nation obese!

And the McDonald's ad that uses the the Cheers theme tune.

Did anyone on here ever hear a McDonalds staff member greet a customer by their name? I mean, they hardly know their own names.

It's a travesty they got to use that song/idea.

Someone should sue..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

That Lucozade ad with the "cool" hipster rockband going downhill on their skateboards/tricycles.

Ignoring for a second that it stinks of hipster, but note that it also stinks of unoriginality. Clearly someone involved just remembered the Miller Downhill ad and the Sony Bravia "bouncing balls" ad and thought "oh I know, ad's with stuff going downhill are good. No ones done it for a while. Let's just make a piss poor play on that minus the tricks and/or the artistry.".

The end result is that piece of shít.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,872 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

kitakyushu wrote: »
    That Lucozade ad with the "cool" hipster rockband going downhill on their skateboards/tricycles.

Ignoring for a second that it stinks of hipster, but note that it also stinks of unoriginality. Clearly someone involved just remembered the Miller Downhill ad and the Sony Bravia "bouncing balls" ad and thought "oh I know, ad's with stuff going downhill are good. No ones done it for a while. Let's just make a piss poor play on that minus the tricks and/or the artistry.".

I don't particularly like the ad either but I don't see how it's got anything to do with hipsters at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Tisserand

The Emobile Ad. Rob likes to ask questions blah blah blah. Why doesn't the glue stick to the inside of the tube. Puke

Tisserand wrote: »
    The Emobile Ad. Rob likes to ask questions blah blah blah. Why doesn't the glue stick to the inside of the tube. Puke

The gormless way he asks "What's in a spice burger" makes me want to slap him across the face with a giant battered cod.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Tisserand wrote: »

Rob likes to ask "Why don't any intelligent people work in the irish advertising industry?"

• Registered Users Posts: 16,542 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The Dubliner cheese ad with the blonde one in it saying how she is "the much younger aunt" whilst making a bad attempt to flirt with the hippy looking fella behind the counter.

The toothpaste ad where the "skeptical" girl says her teeth are squeaking clean.

Squeaking?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Valentina wrote: »
    The toothpaste ad where the "skeptical" girl says her teeth are squeaking clean.

Squeaking?
    Ah no, I love her voice! She sounds cute!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Larkenn

Elmo wrote: »
    No Nonsence insurance which has from €201 and in the small print stats that it is for a 40 year old woman accountant .... <<<< Not sure if its part of the joke! Does profession matter?

Its part of the joke. I find their ads very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Larkenn

Mr E wrote: »
    What about the ad with the couple in bed and the girl wants a coffee. Rather than go out and get proper coffee (or even make proper coffee in the kitchen), he uses some instant powder, sticks his head out the door to pretend he was outside, and gives her coffee in her own mug.

Anyone who thinks that stuff is 'barista style' coffee is a moron.

Wouldn't she hear the kettle boiling downstairs. This has always bugged me most about this ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

The funny part is, while the guys featured are clearly supposed to be hipstery and trendy, the actual music they use is really weirdly dated and stale. It's like hearing a teacher namedrop a past-it band, trying to sound cool with the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Stretch Armstrong

Those Irish star adverts with Dolan and Houghton. Its like they're answering a question that was asked off screen before the advert starts. 'Absolutely, we have some great players'. Seems to be on during every ad break too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Larkenn wrote: »
    Wouldn't she hear the kettle boiling downstairs. This has always bugged me most about this ad.

She's hot, so I don't see what the problem is.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

juan.kerr wrote: »

She's hot, so I don't see what the problem is.

Hot, but deaf, stupid, and unaware of what real coffee tastes like. Bad trade off. :)

Edit: No offense to the hearing impaired (before the political correctness nuts ambush me!)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,475 ✭✭✭Heroditas

The new Renault Master ad.

"For men who do REAL work with their hands..."
    All very manly... grrr... I'm so hard, I wear overalls to work.

I hope it was done tongue firmly lodged in cheek because it's extremely cringeworthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

BT Infinity "Halloween Party" (aka "1st world problems: the soap opera")

"Actually *luv* I'm a student too!"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

BT Infinity "Halloween Party" (aka "1st world problems: the soap opera")

"Actually *luv* I'm a student too!"

Jesus Christ yes. It makes me want to drive off a pier.

• Advertisement

cost plus sofas , bed etc get on my tits so annoying

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement