Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

cost plus sofas , bed etc get on my tits so annoying

They're so weird.

I can honestly say I can't recall the last time I bought a product on the back of a "bedspring/dog erection" joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

They're so weird.

I can honestly say I can't recall the last time I bought a product on the back of a "bedspring/dog erection" joke.

actually the "bedspring/dog erection" joke" sent me off to Big Mickey's website for some reason, to get a decent deal on a matress lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

RTÉ ad for the Today show with Dotty O'Shea ("live from Caark") and some middle aged bints. :(

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

There's an ad where kids describe what they're going to dress up as for Halloween.

Not sure what the ad is for or if it's even on TV (I saw it on Youtube a few times), but the first kid says "This year I'm going to dress up as Mr. Bean" or something close to that.

You'd have to hear it, but his voice and accent make me want to kick him in the face. Seriously, put on a big leather thick-soled boot and kick a child square in the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

The Ol Del Paso ads

There is no fűcking way anyone can roll a fajita one handed in 2 seconds that's contents won't fall out everywhere as soon as you go to eat it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

How many laws does the honda driver break as he drives into the vortex in the wall of the house?
    Then the voice over says it's ok because he felt like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

That Tesco ad with the Furby and Lionel Ritchie. Ok I guess I don't really despise it, tbh I just don't get what the point is? Ok I get the "tokens for vouchers". I just don't get why she's buying the toy. Is she having a midlife crisis or something? Is the ad just straight-out advocating blowing your tokens on useless junk?

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭tawnyowl

Rob likes to ask "Why don't any intelligent people work in the irish advertising industry?"
    Is it just me or are mobile phone ads particularly patronising?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Obviously all online bingo ads are dreadful but the Wink Bingo ad with the Irish dancing dog is just ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

el diablo wrote: »
    RTÉ ad for the Today show with Dotty O'Shea ("live from Caark") and some middle aged bints. :(

Dotty O'Shea:D, that's what I'll be calling him from now on.

The ads during the breaks of the Vincent Browne Show for hair restoration are particularly bad, I guess the show is broadcast o late that they find it hard to attract advertisers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Lennonist wrote: »
    The ads during the breaks of the Vincent Browne Show for hair restoration are particularly bad, I guess the show is broadcast o late that they find it hard to attract advertisers.

You think that's bad? Try watching Setanta! :D

What always makes me laugh is the little Allianz filler at the start and end of ad breaks during Formula 1 coverage on Setanta. Engines revving, heavy metal riff in the background, images of cars tearing around a track at breakneck speed, deep manly voiceover... and what does the guy say over this high-octane, testosterone-fuelled soundtrack?

"Drive safely with Allianz". :D

Yeah right... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

All ads with a Christmas theme (especially in late October, early November).

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWbw5KJb7lA
    The current Eircom ad. I hate the way he conceitedly dances up those steps. He manages to make the music equally annoying too!.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,914 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

fricatus wrote: »
    You think that's bad? Try watching Setanta! :D

What always makes me laugh is the little Allianz filler at the start and end of ad breaks during Formula 1 coverage on Setanta.

This is why I miss being able to watch every race on BBC...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

This is why I miss being able to watch every race on BBC...:(

I would sacrifice that not having to suffer listening to Claire Balding bleating on. Oh wait!.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Possibly the most annoying kid in any advert ever.

When i see this ad coming on. i scramble for the remote to change channel. I do the same with the other shít ad for some washing detergent, that keeps the husbands golf clothes bright, and the woman says at the end, "You look like a clown."..

I Hayte both of them

Like EINSTEIN!!?.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I don't wanna grow up I wanna be a toys r us kid kid kid kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Allyall wrote: »

When i see this ad coming on. i scramble for the remote to change channel. I do the same with the other shít ad for some washing detergent, that keeps the husbands golf clothes bright, and the woman says at the end, "You look like a clown."..

I Hayte both of them

Like EINSTEIN!!?.. :(
    Even worse Einstein was a theoretical physicist, he didn't do experiments.

That Maggi crowd really need to sack their marketing people anyway, the logo and packaging look like packets of industrial chemicals not food ingredients and their ads are sh1te, that one with the chicken breasts and the little girl were creepy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

This ad I think it's for Benylen with this guy carrying around this disgusting looking ape man type thing that looks like it's covered in poo.It puts me right off my dinner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

I see all the sickening Xmas ads on now. They're always in slow motion, that Supervalu one is especially retarded. Of course you can always rely on Debenhams ads to bring up ur dinner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

Allyall wrote: »

When i see this ad coming on. i scramble for the remote to change channel.

Like EINSTEIN!!?..

Good grief that is irritating, didn't see it before, hopefully never will again.

"Mums a genius"...why, because she opened a f**king packet!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

OK saw another WTF ad earlier on TV3. It's for a dating phoneline (free for the next month, I believe). A load of rubbish, etc., I know.

The really weird thing was there was a shot of a man and woman talking on the phone at the end. The man was VERY orange, and had a really slow blink (he blinked two or three times, and every time for about a second and a half).

Very odd - is that what women want? GSOH, orange, slow blink? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭donegal_man

The one for the Dyson ball vacuum cleaner with the idiots who keep pulling on the hose of those oh so useless cleaners that don't have articulated steering. Just pick the damn thing up and move it!
    Seriously if a vacuum cleaner without articulated steering is the biggest problem in your life you have very little to worry you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Carlos_Ray

Hello.ie............. whoever raised that kid should be arrested and charged with crimes against Ireland.

"I'm their younger Aunt" cheese ad. Doesn't even make any sense.....

Basically 9/10 Irish adverts are awful....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Meteors new ad is shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭cazwhatever

Carlos_Ray wrote: »
    Hello.ie............. whoever raised that kid should be arrested and charged with crimes against Ireland.

Basically 9/10 Irish adverts are awful....

BIB drives me insane! younger than WHAT???? stupid ad

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

That 'Bring me Sunshine, Bring me Love' song from the Lidl ads is driving me nuts, brutal ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Keyzer wrote: »
    Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

I'm so excited camel...

Guess who's back...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,444 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Keyzer wrote: »
    Guess who's back...

they must have got lost last christmas if they still not made it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Carlos_Ray wrote: »
    BIB drives me insane! younger than WHAT???? stupid ad

I don't think it's any sort of great ad, but it does make sense... she means she's younger than the parent of the two kids. I thought that was fairly obvious :confused:

In fairness lads (and I'm assuming you're both male), part of the premise of this ad is that this is how female women of the fairer sex "communicate". It doesn't always make sense. You have to read between the lines! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement