Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

The Suzuki ad with the pervert who goes:

"Here's an Amuuuuuuaaaazzzzing deal from Suzuki"

&

"Have I changed much?"

Can't tell mate, there's currently too much projectile vomit on my tv screen as a result of looking at your face.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

My latest addition (God I do seem to hate an awful lot of ads):

yourlocal.ie

Your man's carrying around a big lollipop with a creepy face while a narrator with a creepy accent says "yourlocal.ie for restaurants" etc.

great ad and great company too :) :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Jay D wrote: »
    great ad and great company too :) :pac:
    And how long have you been working for them? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

Them poxy Halifax adds

We hate banks, eeh bankers, banks are bad we are good because we are not a bank, banks are evil etc

end of advert, halifax are owned by ******** bank

Do they run the same type of add in england? Me thinks not, thick paddy will like it?

Lidl adds for the North, I heard about the meeting where the new ones were shown to managers, Northern managers nodding, southern managers laughing and getting filthy looks
    Do not listen to Gerry Adams, Paisley was right, We are not the same:D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,505 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

elshambo wrote: »
    Do they run the same type of add in england? Me thinks not, thick paddy will like it?
    UK ones have the guy with coke bottle glasses and brummie accent talking to a cartoon fish. Or the Asian guy singing on the beach...

Which would you prefer? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Mr E wrote: »
    UK ones have the guy with coke bottle glasses and brummie accent talking to a cartoon fish. Or the Asian guy singing on the beach...

Which would you prefer? :)

Asian guy singing on a beach ad = shudder!

I meant to post about that one alright. It makes me stabby.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Espy

123.ie...the most annoyingly catchy jingle to date..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

All ads; I download anything worth watching instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

the new visa ad.

No one likes seeing a mans arse on TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

the new airport cadburys ad sucks donkey balls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    the new airport cadburys ad sucks donkey balls

I love, love, love that ad!! Its replaced the volkswagen "das auto" (with the dog, you know the one...) as my fave.

Anyway, I despise any ad with Penelope Cruz - hate the way she says "no ammonia" /shudders

kerash wrote: »
    I love, love, love that ad!! Its replaced the volkswagen "das auto" (with the dog, you know the one...) as my fave.

Anyway, I despise any ad with Penelope Cruz - hate the way she says "no ammonia" /shudders

you make me sick. You're the kind of people that get tony fenton to play music from ads on his show.

The best VW ads are the american ones with peter stormare.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=cv157ZIInUk
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=xCIF6JF1O5U
    http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=0I0WfnhVs2s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

That stupid Super Milk ad with that silly wench and her brother on the trampoline, so old fashioned, like an ad from the 70's, gives me the shivers every time it comes on.

you make me sick.

Oh thanks, your a friendly chap:rolleyes:

Also i reject your yank ads. How someone cannot appreciate the lolz of the dogs enjoyin the air-con as his paw begins to slip is beyond me:p
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANpmfDsZ1HQ

Although this runs a close second ;)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9beQh1yH5uU&feature=related

By the way, I have never approached fenton or any other radio dj to play music from an ad. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Dunno if its been mentioned elsewhere in this thread but those RTE adverts with clips "seamlessly" thrown in of the bloke from CSI and the ginger from Desperate Housewives, interacting with Colin Murphy/Dave Fanning/Shirley Temple Bar ;) drive me mad.

Oh thanks, your a friendly chap:rolleyes:

Also i reject your yank ads. How someone cannot appreciate the lolz of the dogs enjoyin the air-con as his paw begins to slip is beyond me:p
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANpmfDsZ1HQ

By the way, I have never approached fenton or any other radio dj to play music from an ad. :pac:

the air con ad is a good one, never seen it before :D i was taking the piss about hating you, i hate that singing dog one though.

i just hate when ads from tv ruin songs, kinda like that nina simone ad that was on the yoghurt ad. it was a horrible remix of a substandard song in the first place and when you work somewhere where the radio is on you can hear the same song far too many times in one day

the air con ad is a good one, never seen it before :D i was taking the piss about hating you, i hate that singing dog one though.

i just hate when ads from tv ruin songs, kinda like that nina simone ad that was on the yoghurt ad. it was a horrible remix of a substandard song in the first place and when you work somewhere where the radio is on you can hear the same song far too many times in one day

Ok i forgive you:D and yes good songs can be ruined by ads...your right about the yoghurt ad, if i never see that again it'll be too soon. But i like the use of queen on the cadbury ad, when i saw it first i thought it was gonna be for redbull or something, it dont make much sense but amuses me:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Lobster

I hate Halifax adds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Yes, made in the UK but made to look like Ireland. Ah sure the Paddies won't notice. And it is **** and not bankers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Carlsberg ad, with the Irish lad in American bar chatting up the girl when her boyfriend walks in :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

^^
    I can't stand the girl in that ad, she's so gormless!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Perfect match for the meathead boyfriend so!! :D:D Worst thing is they seemed to bin that ad after it first appeared and now you can't get away from it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Carlsberg ad, with the Irish lad in American bar chatting up the girl when her boyfriend walks in :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

She's hawt in a funny sorta way though.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

I really f**king hate the ad for crazy frog etc etc....

"Get this w@nker for your phone...blah blah blah"
    If I find the dicks that run them companies i will beat them to death with a Nokia

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Carlsberg ad

The caca millis ad was brillant the bar one is poor.

I hate the Joe duffy/desperate housewives ad - it is plain stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The Low Low cheese ad with the cartoon animals has been running for far too long. It's just strange!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

. :pac:

Brilliant IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Kooli

God I can't believe that some of my favourite ads have come up in this thread and been the target of such hatred!

I LOVE the Halifax ad!! (if we're talking about the one with the dance-off) It's probably my favourite ad on telly.

And for some reason I also love those do-the-moves Comfort ads with the people made of fabric!

And just so you don't think I'm some simpleton who loves everything, I will ad my vote to the Heineken memory hotel ad being the worst campaign of all time, and I hate those little sock puppets or whatever they are that advertise Opel too. And I hate 'They should have just called it Oatibix' too. Oh aren't women so clever and guys so stupid hahahahaa!! (I'm a woman by the way, which is why it annoys me).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

The subway add that has the tagline "BOG OFF" (spelt B.O.G.O.F.) which stands for "Buy One Get One Free".

The stupid thing is BOGOF would be pronounced "BOG OF?" which doesn't make any sense in the context of this ad.

What was clearly desired is the acronym "B.O.G.O.F.F." which whilst seemingly beyond the capabilities of the Subway people to achieve, is amazingly easy to construct with the phrase "Buy one get one FOR free". Wasn't so hard, was it? :confused:

So there you go, I'm officially better than some ad exec at his/her job, where's my cookie and a nurse to wipe my drooling chin clean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

The add where the mother is driving her daughter to music lessons, when her son rings her to remind her that she must take him to heurling. Said with a very stupid false accent. It drives me mad. I would love to shake the sh1t out of him until he learns to talk normal.

That TV licence add is fairly sh1tty trying to make out anyone without a licence is stupid.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement