Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

pah wrote: »
    The entire Renault "afford to live again" campaign.

while humorous at first it really doesn't make a lick of sense.

"oh no I left the immersion on - is ok mary" and "turn on the heating, etc"

so you can't afford to leave the immersion on or the heating but you can afford €25k for a new car? ? WTF?

All in the name of saving a few hundred a year on tax/ins/fuel

piss off

Also: Renaults are crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭pcomer

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Also: Renaults are crap.

Apart from use as makeshift toilets.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭mark_79

The current hello.ie ad does my head in.

Or more specifically the little **** on it does my head in.

I'd love to take an aluminium baseball bat to his face. And ribs, legs, arms, back, head, throat, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

There's this pretentious Heineken ad where some guy goes to a rich party and dances around doing tricks with various **** while a waiter tries to give him a bottle of Heineken and it has one of the most teeth-grindingly awful songs of all time in it where some blonde one screeches 'Sing it out loud blah blah Sally, sing it out loud away with me'. I want to friggin scream when I hear it. By far the worst ad on tv atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

mark_79 wrote: »

I'd love to take an aluminium baseball bat to his face. And ribs, legs, arms, back, head, throat, etc

You've all got mortgages, you've all got... mortgage protection... grrrrrrrrr

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

January wrote: »
    You've all got mortgages, you've all got... mortgage protection... grrrrrrrrr

This is the worst

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Awake&Unafraid

Another one, the trivago ad. That man must haunt the dreams of many, with his creepy, unnerving smile.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭mark_79

Thargor wrote: »
    There's this pretentious Heineken ad where some guy goes to a rich party and dances around doing tricks with various **** while a waiter tries to give him a bottle of Heineken and it has one of the most teeth-grindingly awful songs of all time in it where some blonde one screeches 'Sing it out loud blah blah Sally, sing it out loud away with me'. I want to friggin scream when I hear it. By far the worst ad on tv atm.

I hate that one :mad:

There's another one, could be Heineken in fact, set in a log cabin on a snowy mountain where some scrawny cardigan wearing bellend has to dance his way to the ****ing bar to order his pint. Every time I see it I'm hoping against hope we just might hear the distant rumblings of a deadly avalanche approaching their twattish little party.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

That's the asteroids galaxy tour, i think they do a few Heineken ads, and they're real Scandinavian bubblegum catchy kitsch pop. Always grits on me after 2nd time hearing it.
    I hate that one :mad:

There's another one, could be Heineken in fact, set in a log cabin on a snowy mountain where some scrawny cardigan wearing bellend has to dance his way to the ****ing bar to order his pint. Every time I see it I'm hoping against hope we just might hear the distant rumblings of a deadly avalanche approaching their twattish little party.

I think that's Coors or bud light.

The advert doing my head in right now is the one with the people saying things like "I want to have what she's having." and "I want to hear what he's hearing." etc.. The whole advert doesn't do my head in so much as the girl at the end who sounds like a really loud Kermit, - The baby laughs, and she says "I want to see what she see's" in kermit voice.. Aaaggghhh!!

Mute mute mute!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Just saw an ad for moist toilet tissue things (?) with Dawn Porter having a party for everyone who's used them. Eh, ohhhkay... Then at the end she asks "have you ever gotten a round of applause for wiping your bum?"

Dawn's career must be really going down the crapper (no pun intended) if she is reduced to this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

Just on now, I want to stove his face in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

If you need an accomplice for that last part then give me a shout! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Seans_Username

The ladbrokes ad with the shouting Italian. Grossly offensive.
    That's the way he always is though. It's not Ladbrokes being stereotypical, Crudeli is just mental when it comes to football.

Pay close attention at 0:20 and 3:35.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

He says his uncle was a great person but he thinks he's a muppet because he chose to spend his own money how he wanted to rather than leave it to his grasping little sh1t of a nephew.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

The new Sky plus ads.Woulden't mind them so much but they have this music which completley dosen't sit with the ad content at all,sounds like it was added by mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Emobile ads. Horrible. Meet the head of questioning things, who's actually the biggest corporate yes-man in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭roanoke

I generally detest most ads on telly, but one that makes me want to smash my tv is the rte guide ad. "I hit the floor and don't care how I dance". Christ almighty I hope you do hit the floor, with your head!!

Another vote for this one. I hate this "ain't mediocrity great" vibe we've been reveling in for about 10 years now, encapsulated by the singing in this ad.

You can even tell they're probably trained actors who probably have decent singing voices but are slumming it just for the ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

There's a horribly dubbed advert for "Fibre 1" cereal with a supermarket boss and a girl with the dirtiest, lankest hair imaginable. The last line she says is so weird compared to what her mouth is saying.

Edit: It's this one - but this isn't dubbed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

The new ad for Sky+. I can't get over the size of yer wans head at the end of it. It's f**kin' HUGE

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

The Irish Times ad

WHY?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

turkish airlines ad with lionel messi and kobi bryant and the smug looking little **** with his football

• Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

matthew8 wrote: »
    Emobile ads. Horrible. Meet the head of questioning things, who's actually the biggest corporate yes-man in the world.

Bunch of bell ends with madey-uppy jobs. Fcuk off emobile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Anyone who's seen the Hidden Hearing ad enough times will know almost by heart what's said in it: "5,000 hearing aids to give away free", "If I can't see to read I wear my glasses", "Better hearing from Hidden Hearing", et cetera.

Well, for whatever reason, the company has just set up a new division called, imaginatively, Digital Hearing - and brought out an ad that uses almost the exact same script, the substitution of "digital" for "hidden" being the only noticeable difference.

IMHO, that's just plain lazy - and I doubt it would please those whose first thought is that Digital Hearing is a brand-new company. They might say, "Why the hell are they saying almost the exact same things as Hidden Hearing?" or "If they say that they've been helping people improve their hearing for over 30 years, then how come I've only heard of them now?"

And why the need for this new division in the first place, anyway?

(All this is said without any disrespect intended towards those who are hard of hearing, BTW.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

Heineken ad with party in full swing with a girl singing. No idea what she says but its the most irritating tune ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

marwelie wrote: »
    Heineken ad with party in full swing with a girl singing. No idea what she says but its the most irritating tune ever

I think that ad is quite good.
    Its very well put together.

Song is good to.
    Presenting: The Asteroids Galaxy Tour

Very poorly animated mouse knocks a Moby lookalike's phone into a fish tank :confused: The whole thing comes across like a bad trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Cannot stand the new guinness black and white "made of more" ad. Horrible accent and I just can't understand what the heck they're trying to get at.

That Maggi mexican chicken ad is so cheesy and forced.
    Weird right wing christian feel to it for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Ironman76

That f**king Ad on ITV "If Youre Abbey and you know it . . ." (about some shopping centre up north). My most despised advert of all time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,717 ✭✭✭✭briany

There's another ad on Telly at the moment where a mother explains to her child, "This is the baaaayybee-siddur!" in an (I want to say 'phoney' but it's getting harder and harder to tell) American accent and points to a nervously smiling and dumpy looking woman. What is that ad and why the need for the accent anyway?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement