Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Seriously, what the f*ck is the story with Gary and his bloody cat? And what has that got to do with buying a new Peugeot?

And Gary looks a bit creepy...

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭17larsson

Those sky ads, particularly the one with the women. It makes me want to cancel sky

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭kiva989

The Old El Paso Chicken Fajitas ad! The one where it sounds like a Caribbean woman singing, but I never know what it is she is say..."something something ach ya bingos"??

Anyway i hate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Lenor - go away with your unwashed sheets.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

kiva989 wrote: »
    The Old El Paso Chicken Fajitas ad! The one where it sounds like a Caribbean woman singing, but I never know what it is she is say..."something something ach ya bingos"??

Anyway i hate it!

This one? It's for a bingo site. Regardless, it's sh1te.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

Tv3's big Bang Theory ad to the tune of the Brady Bunch theme. It's awful!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

The never-ending Beyonce O2 ad :mad:

Honourable mention to that little creep from hello.ie "So simple, even an adult can get it (smug grin)"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭donegal_man

The new KitKat chunky ad asking us to vote for the new flavour. Do they really believe we're going to vote for "Fudge-a-tron"? It sounds like some sort of weird sex toy.
    Anything other than the original four fingers (stop sniggering at the back) is an abomination

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Has to be the RTE Guide ad by a mile.I don't think there's ever been an ad that makes me reach for the remote so fast.Hate everything about it,that horrible chirpy music,the singing and the fact that they changed it to the fella saying "I like-a movies that make me cry" when it was originally the woman saying it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

RVD420 wrote: »
    Honourable mention to that little creep from hello.ie "So simple, even an adult can get it (smug grin)"

my 3yr puts his hands on his ears and gos lalala when this ad comes on he hates it lol
    litle creep alrite have to be the most annoying on at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

HARVEY NORMAN (caps deliberate) - how much business have they lost due to people getting headaches from a man roaring at them.

should be called HARDLY NORMAL:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

McDonalds ad with annoying little sh#t saying 'no yar aiighigt' everytime his mothers new boyfriend tries to talk to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

McDonalds ad with annoying little sh#t saying 'no yar aiighigt' everytime his mothers new boyfriend tries to talk to him.
    The step dad then solves everything with a trip to McDonalds :rolleyes:
    Hate the undercurrent in those and KFC ads (targeted at gullible parents)- You can't have a happy and complete family unless you feed them our crappy food.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

The ad that says "you wouldn't ignore bleeding on any other part of your body".

derrrr... that's because we're actively putting a lot of pressure on this region of our gums in the full knowledge that they may start bleeding and this doesn't mean anything is hugely wrong. If the gums started bleeding spontaneously obviously we wouldn't ignore it.

"because some things are harder to ignore" (whatever it says when she shows her missing tooth, I have no memory).

But shur we didn't notice it the entire ad, we didn't even know it was there until she actively pulled her mouth up. One of my teeth near the front is gone and you'd never notice it. True it's a terrible thing to happen... but the fact is that we wouldn't notice it if she hadn't shown it.

I blame it 100% on a fairly narrow patch of time with very poor brushing/flossing on my part and much worse... a dentist that was 100% incompetent and unable to do his job (at one point, he even tried to convince me in a matter-of-fact way that I wasn't feeling any pain when I was in horrible pain).

'I hawdlee evah buy faiwee liquid' repeated about 10 times :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

New no nonsense ad with the prat in the car whos having his 25th birthday. Thankfully he gets crushed by the no nonsense brick but still a **** ad seeing as its followed up moment later by some bimbo hugging the brick telling it how much she loves it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

neris wrote: »
    New no nonsense ad with the prat in the car whos having his 25th birthday. Thankfully he gets crushed by the no nonsense brick but still a **** ad seeing as its followed up moment later by some bimbo hugging the brick telling it how much she loves it

The first thing that came to mind when I read that bit was this...

Brick.PNG

:o:D;)

Assuming that one is permitted to talk about historical ads on this thread, I'd like to bring up the one and only Dawn Fruit Milk ad from the mid-2000s - an ad that was bad in just about every way possible...

It started with an orange orchard, some cheesy Spanish-sounding music, and an irritating male voice-over saying, "Only when the fruit is perfectly ripened, through the long, hot summer days, do we carefully select each one. And then, at the moment of perfection..."

At that point, a herd of cows invaded the orchard, and the cheesy Spanish-sounding music became faster-paced. The voice-over continued, "...we add a little milk."

Already the cheesiness of the music, the irritating voice-over, and the silliness of the cows invading the orchard were enough to make this ad bad.

And the voice-over's script easily succeeded in making it worse. First, if the fruit is 'perfectly' ripened, then why wait for the 'moment of perfection' before adding the milk? There's surely no need to wait when the fruit, and its juice, are already perfect...

Second, if you're talking about fruit in general (I'm assuming Dawn Fruit Milk came in several flavours), then why do we viewers see only oranges?

There was plenty more to come, though. The scene then switched from the orchard to a kitchen and a lady pouring herself a glass of Dawn Fruit Milk, while the other members of her family went about their business in the background at about five times normal speed, for whatever reason.

This was interspersed with silly computer-generated images of oranges splashing about in milk, while the voice-over proclaimed the product as "the smooth new way to start the day". Uh, is it not possible to drink it at any time of the day?

Finally, back to the orchard, and the voice-over saying that the product was "surprisingly smooth". What made it 'surprisingly' smooth, eh? Especially when there was no hint of this, of any kind, at any point in the ad - not even the cows invading the orchard...

And as if to top it all off, Dawn Fruit Milk wasn't exactly a 'new' product, as the voice-over claimed - the company was already making Smooth 'n' Juicy, which was pretty much the same thing in a smaller carton...

I swear that I'm not making any of this up.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Been watching via the TV3 app lately. Sick of the same 4 ads over and over
    Especially The Lynx premature perspiration. ....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Yolanda.

I know what you're thinking when she comes on... mirite? ;)

The ad is already getting a little annoying though, apart from... "Yolanda".

She's no "Yasmine" (Oral B ad with camera) though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

This:

Sufferdin jaysus what an obnoxious bollocks talking such painfully trite ****e in fake midatlantic accent. Irony of ironies - they are attempting to advertise advertising. FAIL

You know i haven't seen this since around the time I made this post :eek:

Crafty advertisers are watching this thread :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I was watching The Big Bang Theory (I shouldn't admit that as it is still fairly ****) on E4 and the ads came on, I didn't flick but half way through the ads I started to think what am I watch. Am I going senile or are the ad breaks getting too long or am I just not all that interested in TBBT?

For the last good while there's been a huge increase in those ads for a tv programme or several programmes together, even film trailers, where some twat of a voice over artist pretends he's having a conversation with characters from the show.
    He asks questions in a bad yank accent and they show a clip from the show where someone seems to be replying to him.
    Always really badly edited and always super annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

The awful meteor ad with the posh woman saying stealing wi-fi is weird. YOUR VOICE IS WEIRD POSHY!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭764dak

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

764dak wrote: »

Blur was an awful game but I found that ad quite effective. It tells you everything you need to know about the game in a few seconds. It's combat racing like mario kart, but without the cutesyness and with real cars.

Plus, the ad is like 2 years old so dunno why it would still be bothering you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

"Son, turn on the central heating!"

"Ooooooooooooooh Daddy"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

The awful meteor ad with the posh woman saying stealing wi-fi is weird. YOUR VOICE IS WEIRD POSHY!!!!!!
    Pseudo-Posh in an Dortspeak/Oor Tee Eee accent "Lug it down to your Meteor store." :)

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

The sponsor ad before deal or no deal.....

"Backpain can be a right pain in the...Anadin sponsors of deal or no deal."

**** off anadin sounds nothing like arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

jmcc wrote: »
    Pseudo-Posh in an Dortspeak/Oor Tee Eee accent "Lug it down to your Meteor store." :)

Regards...jmcc

you mean "Dortspeak / AAr Tee Eee" :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement