Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭764dak

Kirby wrote: »
    Blur was an awful game but I found that ad quite effective. It tells you everything you need to know about the game in a few seconds. It's combat racing like mario kart, but without the cutesyness and with real cars.

Plus, the ad is like 2 years old so dunno why it would still be bothering you :)

I hate it because it makes fun a superior game series just because it has cute visuals. I also hate how Pinky appears from behind a tree even though he actually sped off at the start of the race.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

BOHtox wrote: »
    "Son, turn on the central heating!"

"Ooooooooooooooh Daddy"
    I actually LOL out loud at that,but I hate the rest of the ad especially that woman going "this is the baybee siddur".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

msthe80s wrote: »
    Is that thing supposed to be Audrey Hepburn! Looks more like something from Westworld.

Captain Morgan ad where the bunch of divs sneak away from their wives/gf's to go to the pub. Have seen better dubbing on 70's kung fu flicks and the people are so American looking it sticks out a mile. Why not just leave the original voices on it or make a new ad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭ManMade

The French food and wine sale is naow on!
    STFU!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

this is the freakiest damn add of all time...try drinking in a house with the telly muted and you see this crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,058 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I used to like Paul Whitehouse until he started doing the Aviva ads, and every single one of the characters he portrays makes me want to gouge my eyes out with a stick and skewer my ear drums with a rusty nail.

I imagine he enjoys doing them though, especially the big wad he gets paid for promoting self harm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

I officially hate cat deeley.

"I've fallen for the hype"

Hmmm yes you have *cocks shotgun*.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Steve O wrote: »
    I officially hate cat deeley.

"I've fallen for the hype"

Hmmm yes you have *cocks shotgun*.

I agree the ad is very annoying, but I could never, ever hate Cat Deeley! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

The guiness ad thats running lately about clocks & time or some non sensical rubbish. Really stupid ad

Two dimwitted teenage girls in a laundrette talking about a stain on a party dress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Theres, an ad on uk stations for some bank with rory mcillroy in it. Comes across as real wooden & trying hits best to act

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭optogirl

Kate and I have been through 3 moves......but Kate is still, Kate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Ads for sanitary towels that show little sky blue menses falling onto the pearl/silk/velcro pad ffs :/ There's be a me shaped hole in the wall if I had a period like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

optogirl wrote: »
    Kate and I have been through 3 moves......but Kate is still, Kate.

Kate is hot though....talking of Kates...the Katy Hill toothpaste ad annoys me immensely. I dont like her accent and shes not as pretty as she thinks she is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Roisy7

What the hell is that ridiculous kbc bank ad on the Luas meant to be about?! Your man's pained expression, the interfering old wan, the creeping he's doing on that poor girl sitting opposite.... I haven't seen an ad I've hated that much in a long time!

The strawberry alarm clock, bunch of ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,914 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I was really hoping Sheila's Wheels were bankrupt by now, but unfortunately when I was in the barber's today I had the misfortune of having to listen to their ad.

Would that little lemonade peddling girl's profits not be cut into severely by the fact that she drags her father halfway round the world to buy a few poxy lemons.
    What's wrong with heading to the local supermarket for fecks sake :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

Very, very irritating Toyota ad on the radio featuring a caricature New Yorker. Loud, inane and utterly stupid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I know this ad hasen't been shown in a couple of years but just google "annoying Halifax ad" and discover how loathed this ad is.

http://www.bad-ads.co.uk/halifax-again-ice-ice-baby-224

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭starskey77

i hate go compare go compare fat opera s****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Roisy7

Imagine never having to shave again! Imagine never spending a fortune to have a stranger wax your legs or bikini line!

Hi I'm Cassie De Paiva....

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

New Andrex ad do you fold or scrunch? I couldn't care less what people do with their bog roll before they wipe their arses.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,198 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

****ing Niall metrosexual Quinn. I keep waiting for a crab person to show itself

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Berocca.

**** off.

roanoke wrote: »
    I despise these ads.

Most ads can't be accused of having any originality anyway, but these ads are actually taking it to another level by ripping off .... other ads. It's basically Ireland's answer to the UK 118118 ads.

What's worse the whole point of having the two runners who look like each other because they both have the same name/number. In the UK ad one guy is called '118' and the other is also called '118'. It makes sense!

However by having "twins" called "118" and "50" doesn't even make any sense. It's like the rip-off artist not only couldn't come up with an original idea but compounded it by missing the entire point of what the original ad was doing.

Devastating critique. :D

That Irish Times guy in a blazer and tshirt and the strangest midatlantic accent i've ever heard repeating "why" over and over. coming to the same realisation that i did when i was five that "why" is usually the most interesting type of query you can make about anything.

And, completely unrelatedly, finding out he can pass through the wall in his office.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

That Irish Times guy in a blazer and tshirt and the strangest midatlantic accent i've ever heard repeating "why" over and over.
    He's probably trying to use the Irish Times website and is utterly confused. When bozos like the Irish Times have to make adverts like this to convince people that they have a clue, you just know they are in trouble. :)

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

The Subway one with Tommy Bowe and the other two fellas is pretty cringey.

Ditto Joe Hart and his Head & Shoulders masterpiece

• Advertisement

The Subway one with Tommy Bowe and the other two fellas is pretty cringey.

Ditto Joe Hart and his Head & Shoulders masterpiece

There was originally an ad with just the two guys in it. Then Bowe was added in digitally. You can really see it when the 3 of them are together at the end.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement