Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

car buyers guide ad. great acting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SCT13

ive been trying to find that ad for a while now, do you remember anything else about it...?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Rory McIlroy is more wooden than Pinnochio.

Silly boots ad where the girl says to the guy 'oh by the way your hair looks really great' :rolleyes: yes it does, if your going to a fancy dress party as Ace Ventura- pet detective.

Those bank of Ireland adds with the condescending music with the words we have credit to give.

Ahh, I lose the will to live every-time I have to hear or see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

The worst adverts have to be the ones where the person speaking doesn't match the persons' mouth. God, that drives me mad. :|

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭roanoke

Another one. I don't really despise it but that new Airtricity ad bugged me.

It spends probably the first 25 seconds talking about the technological advances in iphones, ipads, laptops and flatscreen tv's (purely because they know it's the sort of eyecatching consumer rubbish that has us all salivating like Pavlov's dogs) and then only at the end do they even mention it's an Airtricity ad or even mention anything about whatever it is they're selling.

It was about half a step away from finally realising this prediction....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

i dont like most tv ads they are boring.in particular the birds eye ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

I really liked that No Nonsense Car Insurance advert, the one that was like a cartoon with the woman screaming on the phone. It was actually hilarious!

.. just noticed the title of this thread is called 'Adverts you despise' .. woops

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

That new euro saver add for maccy d's, what DA FUQ is that song about, makes me want to take out my shotgun and blow my head off every time.

Really gets to me :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Trivago. I've never seen an advert on so regularly, or at least one I find so noticeable. The whistling and the happy fat man kills me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

Rory McIlroy is more wooden than Pinnochio.

In fairness to him, and he's not great, the writers could have done better.
    He's a little more natural when he's given decent material.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

ray2012 wrote: »
    The worst adverts have to be the ones where the person speaking doesn't match the persons' mouth. God, that drives me mad. :|

Those ads, of course, are imported from other countries.

Most of the ones from countries where English isn't spoken are already bad enough - like, for instance, the Mr Muscle ads featuring Mr Muscle In Name Only:

0d006a5dafd49371dc1ae9af85e37ad9.png

Does he even love the jobs we hate, like the true Mr Muscle does?

As for the ones from the USA, meanwhile, I strongly doubt that there are any people who watch these without thinking "Is the American accent really that bad?!?"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

DubTony wrote: »
    In fairness to him, and he's not great, the writers could have done better.
    He's a little more natural when he's given decent material.

Hadn't seen that one before. I liked it. Thats celebrity endorsement done the right way.

If you are going to pay people millions to pimp your brand, get them doing something they are known for and good at. There is nothing worse than seeing sports personalities just stand there woodenly. The United team on the AON insurance ad is awful. Get them out on the pitch and film a few jokes with a few footballs ffs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Those ads, of course, are imported from other countries.

Most of the ones from countries where English isn't spoken are already bad enough - like, for instance, the Mr Muscle ads featuring Mr Muscle In Name Only:

0d006a5dafd49371dc1ae9af85e37ad9.png

Does he even love the jobs we hate, like the true Mr Muscle does?

As for the ones from the USA, meanwhile, I strongly doubt that there are any people who watch these without thinking "Is the American accent really that bad?!?"
    The original Mr Muscle was a bespectacled wimp but irony seems totaly lost on the creators of that CGI freak.

One of the weirdest ads yet. What genius thought it would be a good idea to use sex to sell spuds? Probably the least sexy vegetable around.

A beefcake out jogging gets two drooling girl's private parts so overheated that the spuds they are holding cook instantly. :confused:
    Then he jogs past a billboard and the glass violently shatters for no reason! :confused:
    Was it an angry husband taking a shot at him from a nearby rooftop?
    Maybe one of the sex crazed, potato-baking fanny women trying to hit him with a knockout dart so she can drag him back home and fulfil her sordid desires?
    Either way it must be a regular occurance because when the glass explodes right beside him he doesn't react in the slightest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

The 3 ad. Best fans in the world???

Jesus wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

There's an ad for coors where the guy walks into a bar waves at his mates and some twat stars dancing in front of him then two other twats join in starting a dance off before he can get to the bar. Really dumb ass ad

Weird!

and who cooks the dinner in an evening dress ffs?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Weird!

and who cooks the dinner in an evening dress ffs?

The things at 0.19 look like poos.

I hate VANISH Poxi action ads - If that pink shirted woman materialised in my house I'd scream "get out of my kitchen you b!tch!".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

The silly b1tch on the youtube ad about car insurance or something who shouts, "dont click skip!" - :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭rmchmufc

Roisy7 wrote: »
    What the hell is that ridiculous kbc bank ad on the Luas meant to be about?! Your man's pained expression, the interfering old wan, the creeping he's doing on that poor girl sitting opposite.... I haven't seen an ad I've hated that much in a long time!
    Waht creeping is he doing?He just happens to fancy the girl but she is very stuck up and always ignoring him in that and the other ads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

The one for the yoghurts where yer one is like, "my mum fell and broke her leg, but then I bought her these youghurts and now I am the world's best daughter" lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

rmchmufc wrote: »
    Waht creeping is he doing?He just happens to fancy the girl but she is very stuck up and always ignoring him in that and the other ads.

Haha. I'm not sure if its meant to be chronological or in the same day (would be less 'creepy' perhaps) but yeah, suppose we're hoping he might say something eventually. She does seem snotty definitely, but his portrayal is one of almost desperation. The mother might be the perfect foil:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭skerry

Only found this thread and felt like a bit of a vent. My most hated ad at the moment is the Aviva on with that gimp going on about his lucky rugby coat, wrecks my head no end, on the radio every two minutes too. Sick of rugby/ rugby players being used to try and sell me sh1te I don't want, guys would sell their souls for a few quid it seems. Have to look at a giant Tommy bowe billboard sticking subways in my face every morning en route to work, I noticed the sandwich part of the billboard comes off to change it to whatever Tommy says is most awesome and healthy on any given week.

Also any ad with kids pretending to be or dressed up as adults.

Oh, and also that stuuuuuupid carlesberg Spartacus ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    The one for the yoghurts where yer one is like, "my mum fell and broke her leg, but then I bought her these youghurts and now I am the world's best daughter" lol

Yeah, I hate that ad. Any time I see it, I think it's like that homecare.ie or whatever they're called - "looking after your elderly relatives for up to an hour each day for a steep fee, so you don't have to bother!"

If you're such a fcuking great daughter then why don't you offer to look after her in your perfect house?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

the Niall Quinn advert. :mad::mad:

that new cost plus sofa . beds etc ads there all annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭donegal_man

The new Costa Coffee ad. There's just something about all those disembodied heads floating in a sea of coffee beans I find deeply disturbing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Roisy7

rmchmufc wrote: »

I wouldn't call her stuck up, she's probably just trying to get to work without your man mooning over her, him being a complete stranger and all!

I hate being approached on public transport so I'm firmly on her side :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

Roisy7 wrote: »
    I wouldn't call her stuck up, she's probably just trying to get to work without your man mooning over her, him being a complete stranger and all!

I hate being approached on public transport so I'm firmly on her side :P

Despite popular opinion, we can't read minds so wear a badge or something. :p

Most hated ad is the "I want to be more than just tick tock kinda clock", I still have no idea what product they are advertising as the mute button is swift and true.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement