Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

you know that advert for the betting website where ur man is dressed in drag. seriously wtf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

A decade ago, when the Lotto draws were taken seriously and Ronan Collins was the host, the ads were pretty tasteful - featuring huge rolling red balls accompanied by the Rawhide theme, and later people giving funny explanations as regards the numbers that they would pick, with the slogan "Play Lotto or it could be him/her".

Nowadays, with the smiling green star logo and an overblown studio, cheap music, awful graphics and the likes of Brian Ormond and Kamal Ibrahim hosting, the ads feature Georgia Bl00dy Salpa, a priest putting make-up on a bride while bouncing on a space hopper, and a blindfolded golfer with a flaming club...

picard-facepalm2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭ManMade

BMW 1 series ad!! Ahhhhhh my ears bleed. Every ad break its on now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

The "lucky rugby jacket" one is great... "legend", but starting to get a bit old now. Don't ruin it by overusing it.

This isn't a criticism of the ad with about the guy looking out for cyclists per se, but... don't you think the woman gave the guy in the car a look that was a bit creepy/personal? And when he's turning, the guy in the car seems to have a bit of a smirk on his face...?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

I hate the berocca ads with the rugby players.. Cian Healy looks like there's a few tubes of berocca up his arse for the whole thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,914 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

The ad for "Catchphrase" on ITV is just woeful. You would expect such cheap graphics in a mediocre Nintendo 64/PS1 game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭optogirl

Fairy can last up to 10 weeks.

Of course it fu*king can. It can last up to 100 weeks if you only wash yer dishes once a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

A certain family movie being advertised to death on the buses, & bus stops.
    No, I don't fancy becoming a Crood frown.pngrolleyes.png

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I've been watching a lot of US TV lately and, by golly, their adverts are horrific. They're no different than the cheesy ones you see in the movies (like in Robocop :pac:)

One in particular, and I wish I could find a Youtube video for it, was a very ditzy-sounding girl talking about doing a Medical Assistant course at some college with horrible graphics flying behind her.

She comes out with a dinger of a line at the end with "Plus, there is all the cute scrubs!! Tee Hee Hee!!". It's obvious which demographic they're supposed to be aiming at................I think..............

She said the line exactly like this:

I found it hilarious at first while the GF was horrified. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Not a tv ad but that bus stop ad for Electric Ireland or something with this fella proposing to his other half on a bus makes me want to smash something everytime I see it thanks to the really stupid open mouthed expression on yer wans face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

darkdubh wrote: »
    Not a tv ad but that bus stop ad for Electric Ireland or something with this fella proposing to his other half on a bus makes me want to smash something everytime I see it thanks to the really stupid open mouthed expression on yer wans face.

THIS!!!

Who proposes on a bus as well and why is she so elated about it, Hipster Bullshyte!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

rmchmufc wrote: »
    Waht creeping is he doing?He just happens to fancy the girl but she is very stuck up and always ignoring him in that and the other ads.

Is that you TeddyTedson?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

Airwaves ad. Kill it with fire!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

It has to be the same people doing the National Lottery ads and the TV Licence ones - the idea wasn't bad, but they are so contrived and "wacky" I have to switch every time they come on. Why show what you'd do to win the lotto? Ads that show what you'd do with the money are surely far more effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fima

The one where the kid wakes up in the middle of the night and goes "mmuuuuummm I'm thirsty". I hate that kid and his horrible creepy voice.

darkdubh wrote: »

That's an insufferable ad with an awful song to boot.

An unnecessary expense to go with the ludicrous annual sum Padraig McManus is on and the pointless re-branding exercise they undertook and for what exactly? :mad:

State companies just cant waste enough money it would seem and this complete drain of a company is totally oblivious to the recession

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

fima wrote: »
    The one where the kid wakes up in the middle of the night and goes "mmuuuuummm I'm thirsty". I hate that kid and his horrible creepy voice.
    Yeah and the way his mum then goes and stares adoringly at his photo on the fridge. Hello people, its the middle of the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

fima wrote: »

TV ad fantasy land: "Muuuummm I'm thirsty", mother gets the child a drink and all is sweetness and light

Reality: "Muuummmmm I'm thirsty", "Go back to bed ya little sh-"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

The Sky Broadband advert featuring Pierce Brosnan was grand on the first viewing but after seeing it about ten times in the last two hours, it's seriously beginning to irritate me now.

image.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

This isn't a criticism of the ad with about the guy looking out for cyclists per se, but... don't you think the woman gave the guy in the car a look that was a bit creepy/personal? And when he's turning, the guy in the car seems to have a bit of a smirk on his face...?

She just stares at him and slowly moves her arm as if she is inviting him to follow for some fun, he decides he isnt up for it and drives off while she isnt looking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mETVR2534s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

MrsD007 wrote: »
    The Sky Broadband advert featuring Pierce Brosnan was grand on the first viewing but after seeing it about ten times in the last two hours, it's seriously beginning to irritate me now.

image.jpg

It's the Pierce B's smirk at the end gets to me...........:(

I was ready to run at any opportunity if he called........but now........:pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Like the SKY ad with Brosnan, The SONY Xperia Z Phone is a fantastic piece of technology. It is equally true that the sheer number of hard copy and online advertisements for this phone in Ireland have completely put me against getting one. I don't have SKY service or broadband in my home either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

can't be bothered looking back at previous posts but I'd imagine the Carlsberg Spartacus ad has been mentioned

fairly gets on my wick

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

What if I'd told you were enjoying Coke Zero, right now?

WHO MAKES THESE TERRIBLE ADS AND EXPECTS PEOPLE TO BELIEVE THEM?!

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Flange/Flanders

Cant believe it hasnt been mentioned, but I HATE those extra ads where your man breaks up with his lunch. So cringe and your man is such a creep.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

maximoose wrote: »
    What if I'd told you were enjoying Coke Zero, right now?

WHO MAKES THESE TERRIBLE ADS AND EXPECTS PEOPLE TO BELIEVE THEM?!

It's just as plausible that they're drinking Coke Zero as it is they're drinking regular coke in a Coke Zero cup!!!

Stupid ad, made even more stupid by the "unsuspecting" test subjects reactions. "Oh Wow, it's a cup, within a cup"
    Plus, if I order a Coke, I should get a Coke. I'd walk out and get my money back regardless of how good it tastes. It's not what I ordered

Terrible, terrible advert

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

stinkle wrote: »
    Airwaves ad. Kill it with fire!

That ad is amazing :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

No Nonsense ad telling people not to shop around, such nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭BeerSteakBirds

She just stares at him and slowly moves her arm as if she is inviting him to follow for some fun, he decides he isnt up for it and drives off while she isnt looking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mETVR2534s]

It's like being propositioned by Mrs Doyle from Father Ted ...eh no !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Silly dolmio puppet family with their nat-oo-ral in-gray-dients.

Two lines in those ads puzzle me. Papa says ' you can't beat home made' and the whole family explodes with laughter.

Papa says ' si mama is a real nat-oo-ral' cue gales of laughter from the family.

Are these jokes:confused: why do the family laugh:confused: Is mama putting some special homegrown nat-oo-ral in-gray-dients of her own into the bolognese?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement