Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

It must be a pretty big home that produces enough Dolmio to fill multiple shelves in every single shop in the Western World, funny how homemade bolognaise is one of the tastiest dishes you can make and yet "homemade" Dolmio tastes like 2 packs of McDonalds ketchup mixed with a pint of mince and water.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Cant believe it hasnt been mentioned, but I HATE those extra ads where your man breaks up with his lunch. So cringe and your man is such a creep.
    Yeah I hate that ad too.The talking onion or whatever it's supposed to be saying repeatedly "is this a breakup?" and Yer man is a right sleazeball

• Registered Users Posts: 6,111 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

darkdubh wrote: »
    Not a tv ad but that bus stop ad for Electric Ireland or something with this fella proposing to his other half on a bus makes me want to smash something everytime I see it thanks to the really stupid open mouthed expression on yer wans face.
    no ad has ever made me want to cringe in embarrassment as much as this one, I have never seen anything so crass in my life.
    "power comes in many forms" aaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggghhhhhhhh!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Silly dolmio puppet family with their nat-oo-ral in-gray-dients.

Two lines in those ads puzzle me. Papa says ' you can't beat home made' and the whole family explodes with laughter.

Papa says ' si mama is a real nat-oo-ral' cue gales of laughter from the family.

Are these jokes:confused: why do the family laugh:confused: Is mama putting some special homegrown nat-oo-ral in-gray-dients of her own into the bolognese?

Those ads are brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Those ads are brilliant.

Si, real brilliant [group laugh from puppet family] :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,292 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The insurance ad with pat short :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

That brutal song in the sony ad will no doubt inspire a mass-murder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

That new one for some Karcher window cleaning gadget. There's a horrible squaky sound off the windows during it. It's like nails on a blackboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Wimax

It's not your wadi, its mi wadi

Because healthy toddlers are happy toddlers

I'm going to do a pooh at Paul's

Denture ads with overly-smiling middle aged people eating apples and sitting on park benches

Here comes the science :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Silly dolmio puppet family with their nat-oo-ral in-gray-dients.

Two lines in those ads puzzle me. Papa says ' you can't beat home made' and the whole family explodes with laughter.

Papa says ' si mama is a real nat-oo-ral' cue gales of laughter from the family.

Are these jokes:confused: why do the family laugh:confused: Is mama putting some special homegrown nat-oo-ral in-gray-dients of her own into the bolognese?
    Thargor wrote: »
    It must be a pretty big home that produces enough Dolmio to fill multiple shelves in every single shop in the Western World, funny how homemade bolognaise is one of the tastiest dishes you can make and yet "homemade" Dolmio tastes like 2 packs of McDonalds ketchup mixed with a pint of mince and water.

I worked with Italians there for a while, and they really, really hate those ads, with some of them going so far as to label them racist. Think what it would be like to have an ad for Kerrygold in the UK with puppet priests and dancing leprechauns saying "bejasus" and "begorrah", and you'll have an idea of how they feel about those ads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

I'm amazed that this one hasn't been mentioned:

Padraig Harrington in a shameful attempt to endorse what looks like a stupid product:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Stupid Radio Nova ads on the side of Dublin Bus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Maybe it's just me but I'll say it:
    There 's more than one poster on this thread who is posting on the thread to deride posters that post their own despised adverts, because these adverts are actually one of their favorite adverts. The same posters must prefer the ad breaks to the actual programs on that TV channel, or whatever. How imaginative.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

Switch on the news while sitting down to eat some dinner. Ad break comes on.

There's a woman emptying her manky foot-scrapings out of a ped-egg.
    Starving kids being trotted out to guilt-trip us into sending 'just €5 a month'.
    Diarrhoea remedies.
    Ladies sanitary products.

/appetite lost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭764dak

Any commercial that talks about school/work is annoying.

The cheerios campaign centre ad with the little Billy Barry snotbag kids. 'even more chacladee'.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭bnt

The new Pepsi one with Beyoncé is ... well, I don't know that I despise it, just that she has me wondering "WTF?" I think it's supposed to hark back to her past, but she "dances" like she has ants in her pants, just throwing bits of her body at the camera. No class whatsoever. I must be getting old. :mad:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

bnt wrote: »
    The new Pepsi one with Beyoncé is ... well, I don't know that I despise it, just that she has me wondering "WTF?" I think it's supposed to hark back to her past, but she "dances" like she has ants in her pants, just throwing bits of her body at the camera. No class whatsoever. I must be getting old. :mad:

It kind of annoys me how it seems like no big "star" has any shame doing crap adverts any more

Beyonce in Pepsi (as an aside, looking peculiarly - white:confused:)
    Pierce Brosnan in sky
    Thandi Newton in every Olay product going
    Banderas in that stupid Wrigleys ad
    Kevin Bacon in EE

Also, Two Door Cinema club may as well be renamed ****ty Background Music Club - their songs are in at least 7 frickin ads at the minute!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Catkins407

The Hillarys blinds ad makes me physically sick. Your ones mouth is so fecking huge . It's like a car crash , I don't want to look at her mouth but can't not look at it. Seriously it's ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

maximoose wrote: »
    It kind of annoys me how it seems like no big "star" has any shame doing crap adverts any more

Beyonce in Pepsi (as an aside, looking peculiarly - white:confused:)
    Pierce Brosnan in sky
    Thandi Newton in every Olay product going
    Banderas in that stupid Wrigleys ad
    Kevin Bacon in EE

Also, Two Door Cinema club may as well be renamed ****ty Background Music Club - their songs are in at least 7 frickin ads at the minute!

I like the Brosnan ads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭ManMade

efb wrote: »
    It's funny how the people in ads who are portrayed as being really hip, cool and trendy look like total gonk's. Do these ad writers never pull their heads out of their arses for two minutes and look around themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Despising that SONOS Hifi system Advert, keeps getting me excited that Wayne's world is on but it never is. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

any advert on youtube, the current lot are getting on my nerves

Have to mention the Renault learn to live again ad. The chicken in the oven couple do my head in and the chicken that's currently in the oven is probably more attractive than either of them. I have to say though that Morgans general air of bewilderment and delight when he is asked to turn on the heating gets to me though. His sisters hat is also fairly epic in a "homemade crochet trying to sell my homemade ****e on a Facebook page kind of way". Lol

That annoying, plummy voiced woman who talks to the camera about her holiday and then tries to cover it up when her husband walks in on her is annoying. I hope he has her commited for being a mentaller when they get back home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

The mother in the new UPC ad is a right smug bitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

That ad on E4 for some new mentalist/magician guy - Ben Earl I think. Every time I hear it I think he says:

"Ever since I saw a book on sliced pans in my local library...." instead of "a book on sleight of hand".

Every time I hear it I'm like WTF?! Gets me every time.

• Advertisement

That ad on E4 for some new mentalist/magician guy - Ben Earl I think. Every time I hear it I think he says:

"Ever since I saw a book on sliced pans in my local library...." instead of "a book on sleight of hand".

Every time I hear it I'm like WTF?! Gets me every time.

Well your not the only one cos I thought the exact same thing. Sliced pans wtf ? Glad it's not just me lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement