Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

Sam Kade wrote: »
    The add where the mother is driving her daughter to music lessons, when her son rings her to remind her that she must take him to heurling. Said with a very stupid false accent.

I hate that ad too but I hate it cos the spoiled little bitch in the back seat "Take me to swimming and to sarahs party". I have an idea how about ya walk!!!!!!!!!!

I hate the opel ads with the little sock puppets , freaky looking yokes and when they yell "come on" it makes me wanna kill myself!

And those bloody ads for loans, espically the one with linda martin, she sang in the eurovision and thats her claim to fame and 100 years later shes on our screens talking about "Personal loans" , Id take out a loan just to buy a gun to kill her!

Also the loan ad where the husband and wife are at the table and they are like"It doesnt look good" and suddenly they make a call to some loan company and the wife is like someone in heat nearly jumping on the husband to hear whats happening on the phone!

Anyone ever notice on kids programmes every 2nd ads for a loan company?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

I hate that ad too but I hate it cos the spoiled little bitch in the back seat "Take me to swimming and to sarahs party". I have an idea how about ya walk
    Come to think of it the little bitch says take me to swimming and to saywaa's party.

Did anyone mention the diet coke ad with the tounge with legs and the eyes with legs talking to one another? Did the idiot that made this ad realise that it would turn people off coke for life because it's so disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Davedubh

The add where the mother is driving her daughter to music lessons, when her son rings her to remind her that she must take him to heurling. Said with a very stupid false accent. It drives me mad. I would love to shake the sh1t out of him until he learns to talk normal.

That TV licence add is fairly sh1tty trying to make out anyone without a licence is stupid.

The little brat of a girl wanting to go to a "porty".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Did anyone mention the diet coke ad with the tounge with legs and the eyes with legs talking to one another? Did the idiot that made this ad realise that it would turn people off coke for life because it's so disgusting.
    Yeah it's been mentioned. I actually loved that ad - 'twas so random!:D
    Kooli wrote:
    And I hate 'They should have just called it Oatibix' too. Oh aren't women so clever and guys so stupid hahahahaa!! (I'm a woman by the way, which is why it annoys me).
    It's Not as bad as the Babybel ad - where a (presumably) smart woman throws cheese out the plane and three men all jump out after it like eejits, as apparently, every man would in that situation:rolleyes:(I'm a guy, which is why it annoys me:mad:)

I hate ALL ads with babies in them - the Triple Velvet ads are so creepy!:eek: Babies should NOT wear suits!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Davedubh

The smarties ad where that black fella says"guys its ok,hes one of us now".Hes got a really irritating voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

"Come one, come all to Harvey Norman sale..." ... "bring your car, bring your trailor, bring your money" ! man oh man that voice goes through me

The centra ad where all the cashiers have a broad smile and friendly chat for the customers. When you go into a centra shop the cashiers have grumpy faces and grunt at you.

Yeah it's been mentioned. I actually loved that ad - 'twas so random!:D

It's Not as bad as the Babybel ad - where a (presumably) smart woman throws cheese out the plane and three men all jump out after it like eejits, as apparently, every man would in that situation:rolleyes:(I'm a guy, which is why it annoys me:mad:)

I hate ALL ads with babies in them - the Triple Velvet ads are so creepy!:eek: Babies should NOT wear suits!!
    What part of Mallow are you from? I know the place well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

"We are 02"

Whatever you say, fishlips.

More like "We are c*nts"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

I think that lynx ad with the chocolate man is bad. It gives me the creeps.

The propaganda ads produced by our own government and the thousand & one quangos they've established to run our affairs are a million times worse though. Of these the HSE ones are definitely the most patronising and ridiculous

e.g. 1. stop those killer-docs murdering us all with Cdiff and MRSA from their filthy hands (edit - see it got some flak already)
    2. you'd better mind your mental health [if you need to rely on us for treatment and support God help you!]
    3. the wonders of Transport21 - "are you right there Michael are you right!, thank Transport21 for getting us there before the night!"
    4. The consumer rights add with little stick-man and his smoking mp3 player. The goebbels-type figures who dream up all these quango ad campaigns just love their little stick men.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

there is an ad on the radio for having illegal sofware on your work computer.
    the voice I hear is well known on other ads and probably some seasonal theatre work but he appears to sound on a power trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

New advert for Dairy Milk with the race on the runway makes no sense to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭Invincible

The ad for Irish psychics live :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    New advert for Dairy Milk with the race on the runway makes no sense to me!
    I don't think it is supposed to make sense.

Bond-007 wrote: »
    I don't think it is supposed to make sense.
    It's not. Cadbury's are doing that on purpose, they want you go to "wtf did that have to do with chocolate?"

those tele-sales adverts ... one at the moment for 'natural tan' (oh with a free powder brush), OMG like do people actually phone and buy them, even at this hour :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,505 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Too late to say go to bed? :)

Speaking of those TV shopping ads, one that annoys me is the one for the easy clean paint roller. Scottish guy who has been in business for 300 years (or something) painting everything blue and washing it out with water. Then this old guy talks out of the corner of his mouth saying "It doesn't come out all watery like, it comes out like a nice coat of paint".

And lets say nothing about Patrick Duffy and Elle McPherson.

:D that's the thing i actually was just after hopping in and put on the tv :p ... Some night, some night they'll almost convince me :D ... yeah "It doesn't come out all watery like, it comes out like a nice coat of paint"... convincing eh :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Then there is the bricky. Sure put bricklayers out of business. :)
    If these products were so good why ain't they in the shops?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Just seen the latest Carlsberg ads with the old Irish football team managers complaining about those Italians coming over and tekkin our jawbs!

Then they get a job managing a hot female football team in Milan. Just plain weird. Why are they all living together in a mansion at the beginning??

EDIT: Just saw it again, I had missed the bit about the mansion being Gaffer Falls or something manager's club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

Just seen the latest Carlsberg ad.

ya there's not just A or B, there's C'ing a sh*t ad aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

The "We are O2" ad, making it sound like this multi-national, publicly floated company is some type of local community. And I hate the look of the guy in the ad with his gimp head, and his stupid cardigan.

Also, any Carlsberg ad. Your drink induces nausea and your ads on TV do also.

The ad where RTE celebrities appear to be holding "witty" conversations with the case of well known American dramas. The type of ad that Colin Murphy would have ripped the piss out of on Blizzard of Odd.

The ad for Riverock, where two gents are watching a "racy" music video on TV, their two decrepit girlfriends come in and they pretend to be exercising. I never spend €1.20 on a bottle of tap water, and this ad just adds to my resolve.

The Kenco ad where the smug middle class English student on the coffee plantation just cannot believe that the premium beans are going into the instant coffee. If he was to exist as a real person, I would want him to be tortured to death by the local militias.

The ad for Dublin Bus a few years back that showed a smiling and friendly bus driver, do not insult my intelligence with such flights of fantasy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

That ad trying to get people to visit Cork is hilarious, you know the one with the model 'walking' along. How it made it onto tv is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

That ad trying to get people to visit Cork is hilarious, you know the one with the model 'walking' along. How it made it onto tv is beyond me.

Lol the way she walks it hilarious! Could they not just have shown a few shots of different places in Cork.

I could step outside my house with my camera phone and make a better ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

The Lotto Millionaires one where four gimps are standing over a bed as if they're talking to a baby when it's actually some adult fonghead lying there - whoever came up with that would be well advised to wear a paper bag around their head for a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

The ad for Extra, with that song which goes, "The morrre we get together, together, together, the morrrre we get together the happier we'll be..."

Whoever the man is singing that song, I want to punch him in the face. And I'm a pacifist!
    In addition to this man's annoying voice, they add one of life's most ear-grating annoyances. Kids singing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

SumGuy wrote: »
    The ad for Extra, with that song which goes, "The morrre we get together, together, together, the morrrre we get together the happier we'll be..."

Whoever the man is singing that song, I want to punch him in the face. And I'm a pacifist!
    In addition to this man's annoying voice, they add one of life's most ear-grating annoyances. Kids singing.

+1000

I have to change the station the second that comes on. In fact, I didn't know what the ad was for until I read your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Yeah I hate that f#@$n ad so much. I also didnt know what it was for!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I dont understand the Fox's ad with the panda talking like a mafia godfather and the way he says "bis-kwits" :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement