Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

'I remember my first trip to the caramel shop...I was five...all around me were caramels...and one that glittered like gold...'
    Lord help us has Alison O'Riardon moved from journalism to scripting ads?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

And what the **** is a "caramel shop"?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭dupeters

I hate any Ad that is quite obviously dubbed over. Examples that come to mind are
    lenor,doctor oetker, lindt.

Also i would like to spend 5 mins in a darkened room with barry scott from the cilit bang ads

and before you all ask is not for sexytime (he is an attractive guy tbf):eek:

NO i would be too busy kicking several types of excrement from his being:)

Anyone remember Meteor's "Smugbeard"?

Well that smugness is well and truly left in the shade by the smuggest human being I've ever seen, on the new Lucozade ad.

It's the one where he's talking about "gravity defying, awesome kind of energy"?

Everytime I see it I want to kick the the TV and strangle him while staring into his eyes :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

That f^%king Frothy Beast ad for Wispa. Its so stupid. And as a tip to advertisers. Having part of the ad in Italian isnt a great idea because Irish people can't understand Italian.

• Advertisement

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    That "even an adult could get it" ad drives me mental.

That ad drives my Dad up the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

syklops wrote: »
    That f^%king Frothy Beast ad for Wispa. Its so stupid. And as a tip to advertisers. Having part of the ad in Italian isnt a great idea because Irish people can't understand Italian.
    I thought it was French.... Even more confusing...

Pampers ad
    .. Good Jesus. :(
    I feel pretty, oh so pretty, oh so pretty and witty and BBRRRIIIIIGGGHHHTTT!!

My ears!! :mad:

Always Ultra (I think)

♪ ♫ On a Bummpy Rooaadd.. ♪ ♫

"Mother Nature, You're early"
    "It's gonna be smoootthh"

GET OFF MY SCREEN!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

That laya healthcare add
    The stupid grins get on my wick

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

"Pretty little thing, hold your head up high..."

And the ad with the beardy bollix wittering on about eggs.

"Pretty little thing, hold your head up high..."

And the ad with the beardy bollix wittering on about eggs.

"the fridge emptying omlette". That one? He has a beard?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

The UPC ad with the mother and her "modern" family.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Has anyone had the misfortune of watching the "Bin It Your Way" ads? I'm surprised the silhouettes don't wear "swag" clothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Stupid new eircom ad that's just a blatant rip off of the Virtual Insanity video by Jamiroquai.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭kksaints

Carlsburg Spartacus ad. Horrible ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Iospir

Gotta be that "Abbey" one. Every time I hear that irritating song I grab the remote. Like nails on a blackboard. What were they thinking !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Another vote for the hello.ie ad with the obnoxious little chubby kid. The smugness in his voice when he says
    "You've all got mortgages, you've all got mortgage protection"

...makes me want to claw my eyes out and stuff them in my ears.

Strange how many insurance ads are coming up in the list of most annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

There's an annoying one with a little brat walking around a kitchen with a chef hat on bossing all the staff around.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Duckjob wrote: »
    Another vote for the hello.ie ad with the obnoxious little chubby kid. The smugness in his voice when he says
    "You've all got mortgages, you've all got mortgage protection"

And when yer man he points at goes "ehhhhh". :mad::mad: That kid should never be allowed to work in media again as long as he lives.

There's a heap of ads that are cr*p at the minute. It must be p*ss easy to get into advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

the daily million advert s. oh dear god. just go away

• Registered Users Posts: 16,571 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The Board Bia ad with the beardy fella roaring "your food our passion".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

Any concern / trocaire type begging adds. They always come on round dinner time too. **** off!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

The one advertising the English insurance company on TV3 narrated by a guy with an American accent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

The UPC ad with the mother and her modern family is on constant rotation.

Sick to the teeth of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭pcomer

kksaints wrote: »
    Carlsburg Spartacus ad. Horrible ad.

Who ever dreamt up that ad should be forcefed their faeces for at least 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,943 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I hate his cnut face at the end when he says Spartacus to the barman...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Ikea gnomes :mad:

And that stupid pull up ad where the smelly brats "graduate" out of nappies ffs

If you celebrate every little achievement like that, your child will grow up thinking he is wonderful...and then become upset when the world shows him how thoroughly average he really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,505 ✭✭✭Heroditas

The Eircom ad with that ghastly song sung by Grimes: "Oblivion". Incredibly irritating.

Oh and the Lucozade ad, mainly because it now appears on Youtube and you have to watch the first few sceonds when it says "oh just another one of those hedge-trimming..." ... SKIP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Lucozade guy a complete rip off of v clever old spice ad

Heroditas wrote: »
    The Eircom ad with that ghastly song sung by Grimes: "Oblivion". Incredibly irritating.

Oh and the Lucozade ad, mainly because it now appears on Youtube and you have to watch the first few sceonds when it says "oh just another one of those hedge-trimming..." ... SKIP!

I like that song, but it is irritating on that ad because it feels like it is on morning, noon, and night.

Does anyone else feel like there are about half a dozen ads on at the moment, that are just being played in loop? The Guinness ad set in Bohemia is very artistic and quite pretty, but it has been played to death at this stage. The IKEA ad is quite clever - the first one or two times you see it, but it gets old fast. Frothy beast just irritates me and has put me off buying whispa hot chocolate.

There seems to be no funny or interesting ad on at the moment.

Annoying smug kid has been on the screen since christmas. Surely we deserve something fun and original? Something like:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

syklops wrote: »
    I like that song, but it is irritating on that ad because it feels like it is on morning, noon, and night.

Does anyone else feel like there are about half a dozen ads on at the moment, that are just being played in loop? The Guinness ad set in Bohemia is very artistic and quite pretty, but it has been played to death at this stage. The IKEA ad is quite clever - the first one or two times you see it, but it gets old fast. Frothy beast just irritates me and has put me off buying whispa hot chocolate.

There seems to be no funny or interesting ad on at the moment.

Annoying smug kid has been on the screen since christmas. Surely we deserve something fun and original? Something like:

No because there seems to be no creativity at work any more with advertising agencies,its all make ads that are so annoying that people are bound to remember them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement