Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

syklops wrote: »
    Its for insurance but despite the millions of times ive seen it I dont remember which company, which means the marketeers have done a poor job.

The only reason I like it is because it caricatures people I know. D4 living, rugby mad, say "good night!" during the day time, only time they were ever in the northside in their lives was for the rugby games back in 2007, and then it was straight back to the 51 on Haddington Road for a few pints of Beamish.

It's for Aviva.

And I hardly suppose these D4 residents went around exclamining "PURE WEXFORD BEEF!!" by any chance? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

It's for Aviva.

And I hardly suppose these D4 residents went around exclamining "PURE WEXFORD BEEF!!" by any chance? :p

No, but a few of them did think that Garryowen wasn't technically in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

the hotwire advert, new york is in the wrong place on the map.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Ikea gnomes :mad:
    Whoa whoa whoa... what!? It's one of the best ads on telly!
    efb wrote: »
    Lucozade guy a complete rip off of v clever old spice ad
    What's particularly sad is if it is the one I am thinking of (that ends with "I'm on a horse!"), then it's not even very old at all.
    I know it's been said already but those No Nonsense adverts make me want to track down whoever is responsible and drop bricks on them from a great height
    One saving grace (because every part of the rest of the ads and that one are awful): the line "Ya big ham ya!"
    That new Coke advert for the named Bottles. Looks like they cast a bunch of failed candidates from the UCD student union election. Fcuk off on the boat to Australia and down the mines with ye.

Too late - the named cans/bottles came out in Australia over a year and a half ago.

Got to agree with others about the "you've all got mortgage protection" ad with the kid - definitely has to be the son of some decision maker. There is no chance in hell that they auditioned more than one person, and decided on him.

I've noticed the Eircom Phonewatch ad is back too, along with that feckin' Wimax guy. I used to work for the former in sales and now work next door to the latter... hate the two of those ads with a passion.

Not -too- bad an ad, but something that really grates on my is a smart-phone ad, might be Samsung. Bunch of basketball players in the locker room looking jaded play a song on their phones, sync them up for better sound, and get motivated. Good idea, nothing great but decent. Until it becomes painfully obvious that not a single man had any input into the ad - the song played is the most teeny-bopper, girly song I've heard in quite some time. Is it in any way even remotely realistic to expect a bunch of lads in their late teens/early 20s listening to this?

To put a positive spin on the thread, not quite sure why but I love the "c'est cidre, not ci-deerrr" Stella cider ad. Definitely agree with Syklops about Compare the Market/Meerkat also, those ads are brilliant. Oh, and Sony's David Bowie 'Blue' ad.

---

But the new Tango "Aaarrrrggghhh!!" ads are some of the worst I have ever, ever, ever seen. In about twenty years they have gone from "you've been Tango'd!" to this.

The end of the 'Spartacus' as also unintentionally endorses blatant theft and antisocial behavior. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Billy86 wrote: »
    Whoa whoa whoa... what!? It's one of the best ads on telly!
    What's particularly sad is if it is the one I am thinking of (that ends with "I'm on a horse!"), then it's not even very old at all.One saving grace (because every part of the rest of the ads and that one are awful): the line "Ya big ham ya!"

Too late - the named cans/bottles came out in Australia over a year and a half ago.

Got to agree with others about the "you've all got mortgage protection" ad with the kid - definitely has to be the son of some decision maker. There is no chance in hell that they auditioned more than one person, and decided on him.

I've noticed the Eircom Phonewatch ad is back too, along with that feckin' Wimax guy. I used to work for the former in sales and now work next door to the latter... hate the two of those ads with a passion.

Not -too- bad an ad, but something that really grates on my is a smart-phone ad, might be Samsung. Bunch of basketball players in the locker room looking jaded play a song on their phones, sync them up for better sound, and get motivated. Good idea, nothing great but decent. Until it becomes painfully obvious that not a single man had any input into the ad - the song played is the most teeny-bopper, girly song I've heard in quite some time. Is it in any way even remotely realistic to expect a bunch of lads in their late teens/early 20s listening to this?

To put a positive spin on the thread, not quite sure why but I love the "c'est cidre, not ci-deerrr" Stella cider ad. Definitely agree with Syklops about Compare the Market/Meerkat also, those ads are brilliant. Oh, and Sony's David Bowie 'Blue' ad.

---

But the new Tango "Aaarrrrggghhh!!" ads are some of the worst I have ever, ever, ever seen. In about twenty years they have gone from "you've been Tango'd!" to this.

The end of the 'Spartacus' as also unintentionally endorses blatant theft and antisocial behavior. ;)

One of the best ads ever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I hate that ad for Nescafé Azera. I don't know what it is about it, but I think it's your wan's whispery spiel about how it's "Barista-style" or something. It just goes through my skull every single time I see it. Hate that bloody ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

DazMarz wrote: »
    I hate that ad for Nescafé Azera. I don't know what it is about it, but I think it's your wan's whispery spiel about how it's "Barista-style" or something. It just goes through my skull every single time I see it. Hate that bloody ad.

Is that the one where he puts it in her favourite cup.

What annoys me is when the dad says the same thing. I think it might be slightly better if you saw the dad doing the same thing with the mother, and then you see the son. Ah nevermind, its just stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

syklops wrote: »
    Is that the one where he puts it in her favourite cup.

Yeah, but he doesn't do that until after the ad... wah wah wahh..

I posted that ad a few pages back, and i forgot. I hadn't seen it in a small while, then it came on the TV this morning before i left the house.

It's definitely her whisper. It grates on my head.. Whispering in a microphone is just annoying. And the 'Secret Escapes' ad . --> :mad::mad:

They are nearly as annoying as Victoria Gill on BBC News.. *shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Hate this ad with a passion. All these trendy posh annoying twats.
    The kind of people you wouldn't want to hang out with.

Trendy posh?

The guy with the long hair does my head in. "I never liked you.." or whatever, while the ugly girl laughs heartily in the background, and then he goes on to say "If it wasn't for you, i wouldn't be where i am today"... Where is he?
    On a Fúcking cráp coke advert for getting a bottle label with your name. Woop. He's done so well.. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Anyone who thinks that tastes like real freshly-ground coffee doesn't drink a lot of real freshly-ground coffee.

And who calls coffee Barista-Style anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

The hello.ie add with that little brat in the classroom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

The hello.ie add with that little brat in the classroom.

Yes that little scrote is annoying.

However he's better than the strung-out junkie "Mr Ryan".
    snatched from the Liffey boardwalk and crammed into a cardigan.... "ehhhhh"
    Just to get a pitious head shake from the thick-armed blond.

terrible ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I fcuking loath that ad! Why do they use such repulsive people? They always have the women wearing stupid Little House on the Prairie clothes aswell.
    Yes that little scrote is annoying.

However he's better than the strung-out junkie "Mr Ryan".
    snatched from the Liffey boardwalk and crammed into a cardigan.... "ehhhhh"
    Just to get a pitious head shake from the thick-armed blond.

terrible ad.
    He reminds me of Rats from Paths to Freedom:

mqdefault.jpg

(Thats Roose Bolton from Game of Thrones by the way :eek:)

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Allyall wrote: »
    Trendy posh?

The guy with the long hair does my head in. "I never liked you.." or whatever, while the ugly girl laughs heartily in the background, and then he goes on to say "If it wasn't for you, i wouldn't be where i am today"... Where is he?
    On a Fúcking cráp coke advert for getting a bottle label with your name. Woop. He's done so well.. :(

I guess trendy posh means obviously they are upper class with those accents and attitude and well, the whole feeling of the ad seems to be following trends on the street, the buzz, the way they are acting. Basically acting the toss thinking they are cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I hate that UPC that tries so hard to convey a modern family.

The line that really gets to me is when she says "they're always complaining about slow broadband. You know teenagers".
    WTF does that even mean! Almost every internet user wants fast broadband. It isn't a teenage thing. Age has nothing to do with wanting fast broadband and complaining about slow broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

I hate that UPC that tries so hard to convey a modern family.

The Eircom Fibre ad is equally as weird. The family are walking around a shifting room, completely ignoring each other. Is that the selling point...no need to talk to each other anymore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

..completely ignoring each other. Is that the selling point...no need to talk to each other anymore?
    because most of the target customers will have so much ADHD in any case. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,542 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

That Centra ad were all the smiley people decide to have a party and of course yer wan in the shop gets it all organised for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Fupp off Barry Scott. Just because you don't shout anymore doesn't mean you're not still annoying also those banner ads over on the right of the screen are starting to get on my wick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,542 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The Vodafone ad with all the young wans sitting around a table looking at the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

That strange McDonalds ad with the old white guy and the young black guy sharing a cringy moment as they tuck into their burgers.
    WTF.

The one for fathers day is awful. A bunch of trendy twats shouting 'MIKE!' over and over :mad: and then the stupid cow who says 'I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for my grandfather' well duh.
    I wouldn't be here if it weren't for the primordial soup.

I honestly wouldn't call anyone in that coke advert in any way cool.

The little hobbit with the nose ring, that (Supposedly) fancies a Garda and is telling everyone over an advert.

I have no idea what 'cool' is, but my definition wouldn't include being in a Coca-Cola Advert. Especially not that Coca-cola advert.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Allyall wrote: »
    I honestly wouldn't call anyone in that coke advert in any way cool.

The little hobbit with the nose ring, that (Supposedly) fancies a Garda and is telling everyone over an advert.

I have no idea what 'cool' is, but my definition wouldn't include being in a Coca-Cola Advert. Especially not that Coca-cola advert.

I think it's supposed to make us feel like we know these people and we're all in some kind of gang. It's the same with those Sky plus ads, where people are supposedly having a normal conversation.

It reminds me of how con-men or sociopaths go around acting like they know people and they are their friend. The girls here are laughing and smiling and with strong accents (they're actually starting to localize this type of ad for specific regions to make you feel more like they're one of you). I also think it's pretty explicit sexual talk, probably to get males' attention. The ad is way too personal and messed up.

You know I'm still trying to work out what the point of those KBC ads are. In it there's a guy who looks as if he's trying to put on a funny face for kids, and checking out women that are obviously way out of his league. And that's supposed to be the joke, or the whole point of the ad. That this guy looks kind of funny and is oogling attractive women. Am I missing something?

The god awful ads with the take away cooks who want to stop people cooking so they can increase their profits. They make me angry.
    Your man looks a lot like Daniel Day Lewis but he certainly doesn't have any of his acting ability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭SK76

The dad on eircom ad would have wanted to got paid well- embarrassing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Seaniemac.com online betting. Would you give your money to someone called Seanie ever again?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭donegal_man

The god awful ads with the take away cooks who want to stop people cooking so they can increase their profits. They make me angry.
    Your man looks a lot like Daniel Day Lewis but he certainly doesn't have any of his acting ability.

I hate those ads so much and I can't understand the point of this company who seem to have signed up every take away in the country. If I want a take away why the hell would I order through (and pay extra to) a third party when I can pick up the phone and order direct?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Really sick to the back teeth of that "OK, which one of you losers nicked my deodorant?" Snickers ad

If someone actually did that in a dressing room I imagine they'd be clattered

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement