Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Boohoo[dot]com

I don't know if this is the right thread to post this, because i both despise, and find hilarious these ads. Sometimes i laugh at the poses/dances/struts that they have to do.

I can't understand how the models don't feel like out and out morons in these ads, and at the same time, I think that they think they look "Abso-focking-lutely focking amazeballs". :(
    If you go to youtube and search for any of their ads you can see them.

Same goes for Asos and Missguided.
    I only noticed them two after noticing how stupid the first one looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

All those ads lately with the same formula. Slow motion, slow emotional piano soundtrack and an old Shakespeare thespian type man talking over it.
    The custard 'pudding' ad is one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Keith186

can't be bothered looking back at previous posts but I'd imagine the Carlsberg Spartacus ad has been mentioned

fairly gets on my wick

I did bother searching back and your post was 2 months and 2 weeks ago. It's still getting on my nerves today! The Great Escape one was equally crap.

What ever happened to Carlsberg? They probably used to have the best ads in the world! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

the obese advert on youtube. seriously feck off. have to endure 5 seconds of it is bad enough. but it last 20 mins. feck off. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭optogirl

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    the obese advert on youtube. seriously feck off. have to endure 5 seconds of it is bad enough. but it last 20 mins. feck off. :mad:

'Saaaary to be so direct.....'

Coke Zero - I'm here to convince you that Coke Zero tastes the same as Coke. No, it either does or it doesn't. There should be no convincing involved. Now pis* off my cinema screen.

We've been faber purred. Have you? (*disapproving look to camera).

The yoghurt ad where the model is horribly disturbed by her mother's osteperosis. 'I thought Mum was looking after her bones'. (*incredibly serious face).

MEN'S FACE CARE IS NOT THE SAME AS WOMEN'S FACE CARE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

sunbabe08 wrote: »

I have never seen an advert on youtube thanks to Adblock Plus if you use Firefox or Chrome.
    Or Adblock IE for Internet Explorer (Never tried that one - but would imagine it's the same thing.)

ALL TV3 ADS FOR PROGRAMS ON TV3.

But mostly the feckin' ad where they have the same annoying voice over guy trying to do Breaking Bad for Malcolm in the Middle.

"Oh it's him alright" - Shut up and f**k off. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

What's this you ask? Oh it's just a...spreadsheet smashing, hedge trimming, dog walki--SKIP

I have never seen the rest of that advert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

The trailer for the internship puts me into a bad mood.

On the line. Its not funny, its stupid. I was looking forward to it, because it wasnt filmed at Google it was filmed in Georgia tech where I work, but the trailer just grinds my gears.

The coke Zero one is just stupid. Coke zero tastes nothing like coke. If you can be fooled into thinking thats it is really coke then you need to go get a check up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

There's a ridiculous ad (for cereal I think) where a kid wonders what its like to be a fish, and her mum spends the entire afternoon helping her dress up and behave like a fish.

Do mums like that exist? I very much doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

There's a ridiculous ad (for cereal I think) where a kid wonders what its like to be a fish, and her mum spends the entire afternoon helping her dress up and behave like a fish.

Do mums like that exist? I very much doubt it.
    Yeah its horrible, weird creepy music in the background, theres another crispies one where a mother is going on about hearing the sunshine popping in the cereal or some muck like that, the kid holds her ear over the bowl but the colour are all washed out and the scene is dragged out for too long, it does not make you want to buy and eat cereal, Kellogs need to fire their marketing agency.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

You see I suppose these cereal ads and the like are aimed at youngster and all the bright colours and fantasy stuff will get into their heads and get them obsessed and get them wanting their mammy to buy the stuff for them so it would.

Why are so many big hollywood actors doing crappy ads for british TV lately, its not like they're hard up for cash. Whats next, Robert DeNiro flogging toilet duck?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I hate how they've completely lost the plot for the GoCompare ads.

I genuinely LIKED the singing; it was fun and catchy.
    They should never have listened to the haters.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

The new ad promoting RTE and the tv licence is absolute cringe at its best, bunch of goobers reliving these key moments in life provided through the unmatched medium of RTE, vomit inducing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

ah... sorry but I really love the new ad with the synthesizer. I found the original ones boring and gimmicky, the synthesizer one is the funniest ad I've seen in a long time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Go Compare needs a total revamp of its advertising, end of

And a mascot. Perhaps a giant? And their colour is green so...

Edit: Turns out its been done. Who'd have known?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Jikashi wrote: »
    What's this you ask? Oh it's just a...spreadsheet smashing, hedge trimming, dog walki--SKIP

I have never seen the rest of that advert

The worst thing about that ad is that it is promoting lucozade and how it gives you energy, yet the guy doing the narration sounds so devoid of energy that it doesn't make sense. It's like he used the lucozade to wash down a few sleeping tablets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Apparently was the most complained about advert to the ASA but they couldn't find any grounds to ban it.
    Some of the worst advertising is some of the most effective advertising, unfortunately or no.
    Sometimes galls me the amount spent on ads that has to be covered in the product price.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭tigerblob

optogirl wrote: »
    Kate and I have been through 3 moves......but Kate is still, Kate.

I actually came on here specifically to give out about this ad but you beat me to it. It's so annoying! Basically the message is "In order to look like yourself you must dye your hair with our product!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

the new BMW "event" with the silyl music, and the blonde girl at the end making that stupid "Im such a rock rebel" face :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

tigerblob wrote: »
    I actually came on here specifically to give out about this ad but you beat me to it. It's so annoying! Basically the message is "In order to look like yourself you must dye your hair with our product!"
    Who the fup is Kate anyway? The way she preens at the camera like some bad waxwork in Madam Tussads brings on the rage everytime :mad:

Thargor wrote: »
    Who the fup is Kate anyway? The way she preens at the camera like some bad waxwork in Madam Tussads brings on the rage everytime :mad:
    And why does he say we've been through two moves, three newborns:confused:
    who on earth calls their children newborns ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭briany

wil wrote: »
    Apparently was the most complained about advert to the ASA but they couldn't find any grounds to ban it.
    Some of the worst advertising is some of the most effective advertising, unfortunately or no.
    Sometimes galls me the amount spent on ads that has to be covered in the product price.

I think it was when Alan Sugar appeared on 'Room 101' that he talked about going to trade conventions and listening to all the ad industry heads backslap each other over all their stylish campaigns. Sometimes these advertisers get very up themselves and become focused on creating these little epics and they cost stupid money. All we really need is what it does, how much it costs and why it's good/better. Advertising need not be some excercise in making abstract mini movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

That music from the Northern Ireland tourist board ad does my head in. "I can't keep up, I can't keep traaaaaaaaaaaack."

The Samsung one that seems to be on every single ad break is another head wrecker.

Get rid of that fat git for a start. The only thing more annoying than his singing is his welsh accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭DanWall

I hate the cheese advert with the small cowboy on a large horse, she say's to him "you are so small" he says "thank you madam" what's the point? what has it to do with cheese?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

That phone ad where the girl is waiting for the young fella to call and keeps getting calls from her mother which she doesnt answer. Ungrateful cow, some of us would love to hear our mothers voice again......

• Registered Users Posts: 10 leftwing cos youre broke

marwelie wrote: »
    That phone ad where the girl is waiting for the young fella to call and keeps getting calls from her mother which she doesnt answer. Ungrateful cow, some of us would love to hear our mothers voice again......

i wouldn't mind, but they haven't bought a single thing in the Cafe.

Buy something or get out!

• Advertisement

The AIG ad is just... I don't know. Its not funny, its not witty, its just annoying. AIG sell insurance. Well gee whizz, I never knew that!.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement