Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

There is an ad for bingo with a weird fox and a bus full of women driving around the place. When they get to Scotland three men in kilts expose themselves to the women on the bus :eek:
    What idiot thought it would be a good idea to put three pervert scottish flashers in their ad :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭pah

Senokot and their constipation handbag.

The ad basically says "take two of these and you can have a sh1t in the morning"

mmm mmm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

That smart phone ad with the guy in the car.... the bit where the guy says: "there are squiggly lines all over it" is a decent/good ad at that point. However then the girl says: "they're roads...", and it just feels so wrong to me. Why did she say that? We get the joke. There's no need to explain it, I have no idea why she says that, it ruins the ad and it makes me cringe.

Often there's a large gulf noticeable between "professional" large corporation ads by multinational countries and..... "irish" ads. However this ad seemed to weirdly have both of them in it. Everything else was perfect and then this bit. It almost makes me wonder if they copied the vast majority of it from somewhere else, and then made a few alterations like adding that bit! How a director could do a lot of things right, and then make a rookie mistake seems strange.

That latest Lucozade ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

UPC woman and her modern family are back on tv non stop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

That latest Lucozade ad.

Which one? The Skellig climbing, stadium filling, bog snorkelling, pow-werd byy glooocose kindaaa one?

Bloody annoying ad all right!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Agree that the last 3 ads mentioned in previous posts are all annoying as hell.

I would also like to add the one where this fella stops at traffic lights and next thing a baby in the back starts wailing, then it goes quiet before the baby wails again

Can't remember what it's for or what the catch line is but I do remember watching it and thinking 'sweet Jesus that wrecked my head'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Not a specific ad but recently was listening to a certain radio station and they had 4 banking/insurance adverts in a row. Nothing wrong with that, you think, until you have to endure the small talk at the end of each.

You know the way those ads have like 15 seconds of "we're great! we're great!" and then 20 seconds of superspeedy, low volume, rambling, rumbling, ridiculous terms "pricequotedissubjecttofluctuationpricescorrrectattimeofadsavingsmaygoupordownyourhomemaybeatriskifyoudonotkeepuprepaymentstermsandconditionsapply"

On and fuucking on and on.

And there were 4. In a row.

ffs.

I'll never listen to that radio station again.

The worse thing about upc lady and her family is the

"What"

"Wha"

Exchange. uggg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Any of the increasingly common ad for trying to get you to sue for personal injury or something along that line.

Its scummy in my eyes and they make it seem like such a no fuss, no difficulty thing to do. Like you can walk in and out of the court in a few hours and either be compensated or suffer no loss.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Those RSA ads are annoying telling people who drive something they should already know and do. Cant wait to see the one that tells you not to ram someone off the road before taking out a golf club and finishing the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

Man: Are ya ready for your steak?
    Woman: 100%.

Fúcking Lidl.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,364 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Bord Gais energy advert with the guy portrayed as an idiot. Pure sexist bloke bashing, would be a Joe Duffy Liveline fest if it was a woman who was portrayed as an idiot.

Bord Gais energy advert with the guy portrayed as an idiot. Pure sexist bloke bashing, would be a Joe Duffy Liveline fest if it was a woman who was portrayed as an idiot.
    This is getting commonplace in ads now.
    Men as childish, clueless dim-wits and the wife or gf as a domineering, angry mammy type.
    A pox on the modern ad writer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

The Philadelphia Simply Stir ad with Rupert Young and that Claire Danes lookalike.

Do we really need another ad where a couple are interrupted while doing something romantic?!

Not that Merlin fans care - three of them have each uploaded this ad to YouTube, and at the time of this post, the three videos have between them 138 likes and only one dislike...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,276 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

The one for Trivago, hotels in Barcelona.

An obvious European couple, apparently speaking in Irish accents.

"This ish more like ish", "No Way".

"Thish one is parfect"

"Doesh it have a poool?"

ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

The Philadelphia Simply Stir ad with Rupert Young and that Claire Danes lookalike.

Do we really need another ad where a couple are interrupted while doing something romantic?!

Not that Merlin fans care - three of them have each uploaded this ad to YouTube, and at the time of this post, the three videos have between them 138 likes and only one dislike...

And the annoying way she blows out the candle. Are babies crying and candles burning mutually exclusive now? Can you not see whats wrong with the child and then come back?

The story of why.

Shut the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck up!!!! Ye big marketing "artsy" type sitting with all your postets surrounding you.

I want "before you make up your mind, open it" back!

the story of why...ffs....

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    And the annoying way she blows out the candle. Are babies crying and candles burning mutually exclusive now? Can you not see whats wrong with the child and then come back?
    I think the candle is supposed to symbolise the sexual tension going *poof*. No riding tonight in other words.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Darkest Horse

Griffith College ad is back.

I want to......
    I want to......
    I want to......bla bla bla

Then she gives this deathly annoying considered nod of the head to herself just before the ad ends. I bloody hate it. Matched only in irritability factor by quad muscle girl from the coke ad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Get Real

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    The story of why.

Shut the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck up!!!! Ye big marketing "artsy" type sitting with all your postets surrounding you.

I want "before you make up your mind, open it" back!

the story of why...ffs....

These are two different ads, one is for the Irish Times and the second for the Irish Independent.

Ironic that while people are caught up in the annoying aspects of a particular ad, the brand/ company can sometimes be completely forgotten about :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

"Umbala lives in an environment that is being ripped away from her. She has three small Tiger cubs that may not live. With your help, we can help....."

"Talla will be blind in a few months, unless you help by donating €5 a month..."

"Donkeys in Iran are overworked, and with your €5 a month...."

"Panda's are becoming extinct.."
    "Help keep the rainforest alive, donate €5 a month and help us buy it bit by bit.."

"Cancer is killing. We need to understand it more, with just €5 a month, you can help researchers..."

"For all the successes we have in Barnardo's, there are children we cannot get to, but you can help us, €7 a month.."

"ISPCC..."

"Rape Crisis.."

Etc.. Etc... Etc... Etc................. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I have had no problem donating before, especially not to a charity i believe(d) in. Now i just can't help thinking that most of them are tax dodgers.
    (Probably not in the case of the last 3)

These ads work off a template with a sh!t annoying song in the background, "♫ I felt your pain.. ♪ ♫" and i will never donate to them. Especially not when i see them 20 times a day, and am wondering how much the ads cost.
    The adverts obviously work, or i assume they wouldn't be airing them as often.
    Ergo, they won't need my money.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Allyall wrote: »
    "Umbala lives in an environment that is being ripped away from her. She has three small Tiger cubs that may not live. With your help, we can help....."

"Talla will be blind in a few months, unless you help by donating €5 a month..."

"Donkeys in Iran are overworked, and with your €5 a month...."

"Panda's are becoming extinct.."
    "Help keep the rainforest alive, donate €5 a month and help us buy it bit by bit.."

"Cancer is killing. We need to understand it more, with just €5 a month, you can help researchers..."

"For all the successes we have in Barnardo's, there are children we cannot get to, but you can help us, €7 a month.."

"ISPCC..."

"Rape Crisis.."

Etc.. Etc... Etc... Etc................. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I have had no problem donating before, especially not to a charity i believe(d) in. Now i just can't help thinking that most of them are tax dodgers.
    (Probably not in the case of the last 3)

These ads work off a template with a sh!t annoying song in the background, "♫ I felt your pain.. ♪ ♫" and i will never donate to them. Especially not when i see them 20 times a day, and am wondering how much the ads cost.
    The adverts obviously work, or i assume they wouldn't be airing them as often.
    Ergo, they won't need my money.

Any Charity with a CEO claiming a salary of over 30k (so basically, all of them) won't get a cent from me. Most of them have head honcho's on over 100k. To ask people for money using television ads and chuggers and then pay a guy that much money to run your company.....no. Just no. And don't get me started on "the market price for a CEO" nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I texted a fiver to an Irish animal charity (not ISPCA) a while back after a story about abused horses on Broadsheet, a few days later a typed and printed thank you letter with a handwritten address arrived with a fcuking 95 cent stamp on it! Why? Did they think I wanted 20% of my donation to go to the An Post pension fund instead? They had my email address and mobile number :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭marketty

"I'm Paul O'Connell and I've made the switch to Pinergy prepay electricity"

No Paul.

No you haven't.

marketty wrote: »
    "I'm Paul O'Connell and I've made the switch to Pinergy prepay electricity"

No Paul.

No you haven't.
    There isnt actually an ad claiming that is there? :P

Im sure he's rooting down the back of the couch for a few coins every time the lights go out alright...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Temaz wrote: »
    UPC woman and her modern family are back on tv non stop.
    Hate that smug oul cow.

darkdubh wrote: »
    Hate that smug oul cow.

What!!

Wha!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

The new "IKEA / doll house" ad is odd.

I find it weirdly sexy.

• Advertisement

Its utterly repulsive and drags on forever.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement