Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

The Ikea ads are so annoying they make me want to nuke Sweden.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

The "1% difference" ad. You'd have to wonder about the intelligence of people who would be taken in by such nonsense. I think ads like that are disgusting. I don't even know who the hell made the ad and what it's for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

The "1% difference" ad. You'd have to wonder about the intelligence of people who would be taken in by such nonsense. I think ads like that are disgusting. I don't even know who the hell made the ad and what it's for.

What is this about?

Neeson wrote: »
    What is this about?

dunno, some sort of new age **** it seems. The money is probably from philanthropists by the looks of it... of course this means someone paid the actors in it and the directors, producers, writers etc. I'm sure those people who got paid don't care whether they get a "return" on it and it's impossible to measure it. Give me a traditional corporate ad any day, I think there's something a bit more honest about it. Or if you want an ad about charity show the real people who would benefit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

That new Coke advert for the named Bottles. Looks like they cast a bunch of failed candidates from the UCD student union election. Fcuk off on the boat to Australia and down the mines with ye.
    They have an equally obnoxious bus shelter ad to go with it.This dopey looking teenage girl with a face like shes dying to go to the toilet and the caption "hot bus guy looked at me ".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,475 ✭✭✭Heroditas

marketty wrote: »
    "I'm Paul O'Connell and I've made the switch to Pinergy prepay electricity"

No Paul.

No you haven't.

Well he kinda has... he's an investor in them apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,542 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I see the Kilmeaden cheese ad with the young wan who is too lazy to make her own sandwich is back on again,

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Jesus that Ikea dolls house ad is really getting to me now, the music aswell, I dont even change the channel I just stare at it with hatred :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭jasonb

Any ad that has someone whispering a 'secret' in it. If it's a secret it wouldn't be on the TV/Radio.

That ad about 'Kate' and how she's 'still Kate'. It used to have a line in it saying 'I don't know how she does it'. I saw a version recently with that line cut out. I'm guessing it was cut out 'cos she clearly 'does it' by dying her hair, and if he were in any kind of relationship with her, he'd know that!

Any ad that has a '% figure' printed on the screen somewhere (like '86% of 103 women agree'). It's *never* a round number, so it always ends up with being something like 88.58 women agreeing!

And the 11850 ads. They're all 'retro', with big moustaches, old style clothes, old mopeds, even old style 'brick' mobile phones. All well and good, but the only message I'm getting from that is 'using directory enquiries is out of date'.

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Good news bad news one - CashLady should be called BagLady. Mostly on UK free channels eg Pick

Ok this made me both laugh and be angry in the same breath but it has Kery Kattona (doesnt deserve correct spelling) in it promoting this ridiculous "money lending" crowd.
    It's for people with money = sense, you do the maths

Ad was already banned for being crap "it encouraged people in similar situations to borrow money" so I think they changed some words and accosted us with it again. Still ridiculous.

It shows how far she's fallen and how crap the product is that it's lending up to £300 for a "represntative APR" (sic) of 2670%:eek:

Good news is they axed her so I hope they will axe the ads too.
    Lose lose lose situation for all until they get it off the air.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,871 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

This is getting commonplace in ads now.
    Men as childish, clueless dim-wits and the wife or gf as a domineering, angry mammy type.
    A pox on the modern ad writer.

Donal? Donal! DONAL!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

darkdubh wrote: »
    They have an equally obnoxious bus shelter ad to go with it.This dopey looking teenage girl with a face like shes dying to go to the toilet and the caption "hot bus guy looked at me ".

:D To me it looks as though she just realised that she's gone to the toilet in her pants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Not sure if I mentioned this one but the youtube ad for car insurance and the woman says, "dont click skip!" just as you're about to. Dont tell me what to do b1tch.

Also the song from the aviva ad accompanying a stupid cartoon with a pram or hospital bed or something being pushed up and down a hill and a makeshift cartoon house.

Anyone remember "full moon, haaaaaf muuun...totaw eclipse!"

Whensa your dolmio day?

keelanj69 wrote: »
    Man: Are ya ready for your steak?
    Woman: 100%.

Fúcking Lidl.

The woman is a dish though.....She can have 100% meat whenever she likes ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 72,531 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Heartbreaking to watch Dom Joly, responsible for 'Trigger Happy TV' - one of the funniest and inventive tv shows of all time - reduced to promoting Stenaline.

Is he really that desperate for work?

Heartbreaking to watch Dom Joly, responsible for 'Trigger Happy TV' - one of the funniest and inventive tv shows of all time - reduced to promoting Stenaline.

Is he really that desperate for work?

When Willem Dafoe is reduced to doing a voiceover for a polar bear in a frozen fish finger ad, all bets are truly off.

But yeah that Stena ad is awful. At the end he says he calls it "a carcation", and that it's "fantastic, like the ship". Now...this "carcation" amounts to taking a trip on the ship...so, does he mean the WORD "carcation" is fantastic, like the ship? Because that is one of the saddest sentences in the English language if he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭jasonb

Those RSA ads are annoying telling people who drive something they should already know and do. Cant wait to see the one that tells you not to ram someone off the road before taking out a golf club and finishing the job.

The Ads themselves don't annoy me.

The sad fact that these Ads are needed in this country does annoy the hell out of me though...

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

I want to kill anyone associated with the current Lucozade campaign

'blah blah blah blah blah awesome kind of energy'

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Those Vistaprint ads wreck my head, especially the dog grooming one. Her accent goes right through my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I wish that stupid ad about baby Dylan and the tiger who came to tea would feck off.

• Advertisement

Seanie Mac

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Anyone notice how unintentionally filthy the ad for SMA is?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Mc Love wrote: »

????

You're gonna have to explain that one

think he's referring to the babies, food, messing, etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 442 ✭✭Jack Kyle

Sky Broadband...Pierce Brosnan

Enough said.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

????
    You're gonna have to explain that one
    Neeson wrote: »
    think he's referring to the babies, food, messing, etc.

Watch it the next time its on...especially the scene with the mom in the bath, there's one of her relaxing...then the next shot is how you say awkward :D

Watch it the next time its on...especially the scene with the mom in the bath, there's one of her relaxing...then the next shot is how you say awkward :D

yeah so many of those erotic babies... sickening!!! They're even worse in those pampers ads, I swear the minds of some of those producers.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Nope, you've lost me there. She's in the bath, finds a kid's toy and is then shown giving the baby a bottle. What's filthy about that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭pcomer

Nope, you've lost me there. She's in the bath, finds a kid's toy and is then shown giving the baby a bottle. What's filthy about that?

Completely lost me as well

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement