Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Seasan wrote: »
    "222222....1890 222222....."

The Nikon ads with that really depressing song ".....I've come ho-ooo-oo-ome..."

That Bulmers ad where me man is walkin around doing things with one touch of his hand and quoting some poetic rubbish

Any ad that has Jedward,One Direction,David Beckham or Rory McIlroy in them

I actually like the new David Beckham ad. He doesn't open his mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

syklops wrote: »
    Just when you thought the Aviva rugby add was annoying, they bring out its sequel with an even more annoying, hammy acted, dodgy accented Metal head. What accent is that meant to be?

I'm probably talkin about the wrong ad here(which Ive just seen,the one where he mentions Judas Priest and Mötley Crue) but is that Mario Rosenstock?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,871 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

keelanj69 wrote: »
    Would ya?

Dear Jesus I would.

Dear Jesus I would.

I prefer her friend, but yeah I would too. She's dumb, but I dont want to talk to her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

I prefer her friend, but yeah I would too. She's dumb, but I dont want to talk to her.

Can't disagree with you there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

That Viking river cruises sponsorship of drama on ITV. Trying to watch Murder She Wrote ffs stop taking breaks.

The Bórd Bia ad with pretty-boy Lochlainn Ó Mearáin saying "....your food is our passion".....x-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Not sure if they count as proper ads" as such but any kind of meal "deal" (thats usually not a deal at all) doing this kind of "take, grab, choose" effort, trying to sound all casual and cool. Like "Choose a main, grab a side, pick a dip" or whatever the fuuck else it might be. :mad:

Pat the Baker song also in my head right now.

Anything that tries to jizz up water. All those kind of "pure" / "mineral" / "spring" associations. We get it free like, (for now).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,871 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

OldNotWIse wrote: »

Anything that tries to jizz up water. All those kind of "pure" / "mineral" / "spring" associations. We get it free like, (for now).

The worst of these is the current Ballygowan ad. You get two awful slogans for the price of one: "Water is Brilliant" and "Drink it in"...jesus lads all we're paying for when we buy the stuff is the bottle and the marketing, you'd think we would get something better. I'm waiting for their next one: "water quenches thirst...consume it"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

That aviva ad is ðesperate. State of mario rosenstock and the accent on him which sounds like the dodgy waterford accent he used to do.

• Advertisement

Speaking of the vintage dress ad, I gather from it, that the friend has been borrowing the dress which is why it has all those mystery stains, but it looks way too long for her.

neris wrote: »
    That aviva ad is ðesperate. State of mario rosenstock and the accent on him which sounds like the dodgy waterford accent he used to do.

The accent is woeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

If they run it for as long as the fooking rugby ad we'll still be bitching about it in 2-3 years time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

The accent is woeful.

Irritating or inaccurate though? It's an accent I'm obviously very familiar with, and IMO, he doesn't do too bad a job of it, even though it is a little hammed up!

I do like the choice of character too, even though it makes me cringe. There are a couple of pubs around Waterford that are full of lads like that, with the Harleys parked outside. I dare say it's a little close to the bone! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

neris wrote: »
    Sounds fairly close to the Waterford accent, boy! Actually I think he went to school in Waterford.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

fricatus wrote: »
    Irritating or inaccurate though? It's an accent I'm obviously very familiar with, and IMO, he doesn't do too bad a job of it, even though it is a little hammed up!
    According to Wikipedia, he went to Waterpark.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

That mop haired chef talking about his stock cubes comes across like a big headed wanker.
    He did an ad with his children and they all had mop heads too.

fricatus wrote: »

I do like the choice of character too, even though it makes me cringe. There are a couple of pubs around Waterford that are full of lads like that, with the Harleys parked outside. I dare say it's a little close to the bone! :D

Its very hammy, thats what I dislike about it. It might be accurate, but its how its delivered which I don't like.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

There a Lotto ad where she's lying to her boss about having womens problems so she could go on holiday but its a bit odd because surely the whole point of winning the lotto is that you could do those things without having to give a sh1t about your boss? Really repulsive actors in it again aswell, where do they get these people?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Kevin Bacon must be getting it tight for cash these days, always guaranteed to see him popping up during an ad break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Thargor wrote: »
    There a Lotto ad where she's lying to her boss about having womens problems so she could go on holiday but its a bit odd because surely the whole point of winning the lotto is that you could do those things without having to give a sh1t about your boss? Really repulsive actors in it again aswell, where do they get these people?

No, no ukelele. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

mutley18 wrote: »
    Kevin Bacon must be getting it tight for cash these days, always guaranteed to see him popping up during an ad break.

The following was fairly shi/e. but it's back for another season. His ads are fine. He's Kevin Bacon so he knows how to act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Thargor wrote: »

She didnt win it, she was brought on holidays by someone who did.

That new IKEA ad is one creepy ad and where do i begin with that daft Beckham Sky Sports ad?

All the different David Beckhams dont even interact with each other so whats the fúckin point?. Talk about unimaginative. I hope he doesnt try go into acting at any stage either. Poor attempt at trying to fake interest at the football on his laptop/tablet/tv/etc

That new IKEA ad is one creepy ad

As you mention the IKEA ad I can only think of the one with all the gnomes being smashed.Apart from the line "say no to gnomes" I haven't a bull's notion what the exact message is supposed to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Eat a few starburst, and.....uh oh, cue dancing around like a prat in front of your bosses. International advertising at its worst

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

That mop haired chef talking about his stock cubes comes across like a big headed wanker.
    He did an ad with his children and they all had mop heads too.
    Marco Piere White.Well known for being a pr!ck and bully of the highest order.

Apologies if this one has already been mentioned,but has anyone seen this on British TV:

"I am the fire that left you homeless.
    I am the food shopping you cannot afford.
    I am the reason you are in a wheelchair.
    I am the stone stuck in your child's throat.
    I am a crisis-and I don't care who you are."

I hate it-because of what tis about,and also because I find her little voice extremely irritating.

And if I was 20 years younger,that ad would have me sleeping with the light on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Oh god that Beckham ad is really annoying!

• Advertisement

Mc Love wrote: »
    Oh god that Beckham ad is really annoying!

Especially coz they show the bloody thing so many times-already I hate the song that goes with it but watch it hitting the charts soon

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement