Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

Seasan wrote: »
    Especially coz they show the bloody thing so many times-already I hate the song that goes with it but watch it hitting the charts soon

The Song should be left in 1967 where it belongs.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 john987098

That Muller ad with the song like ice ice baby with the bear singing rice rice baby.

john987098 wrote: »
    That Muller ad with the song like ice ice baby with the bear singing rice rice baby.

Is it just me or is the 'strawberry' an abnormal bright red in that ad? Make you think the sh*te additives that these companies put into our food.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭jasonb

I'm probably missing something obvious, but what is the point of the Sky Ad? Sure, they're advertising Sky using Beckham, but what's the point of there being so many of him? I keep expecting some slogan about Sky being more than one man can watch, or Sky having something no matter what your mood, but nada...

J.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Dublinpato

The ad's that really grind's my nipples are them skinny blue alien Fcuk's can't remember who it's for argos or ikea, man i tell ye if i ever see one of them cnut's in the street i will not be held responsible for my actions, little blue wnkers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Seasan wrote: »
    Especially coz they show the bloody thing so many times-already I hate the song that goes with it but watch it hitting the charts soon
    It had a mini comeback a few years ago when they used it in Entourage.

The chewing gum ad where the man is stuck in traffic, pops the gum in his mouth and his car turns into a souped up rally car is totally pointless. He's still stuck in traffic ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

The Hyundai ad piano music :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

'I want to go further, I want to be ready....blah blah blah....I want to succeed.'

Hate it, hate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,882 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

iDave wrote: »
    'I want to go further, I want to be ready....blah blah blah....I want to succeed.'

Hate it, hate it!

"I want lecturers who listen to what I have to say." Why on earth would you care whether they listen to what you have to say? Surely to Jaysus you're there to learn from them, not the other way round.

Much more revolutionary would be students who listen to what lecturers have to say.

Also, that ad sounds like they are all chanting at some demonic mass.

"I want lecturers who listen to what I have to say." Why on earth would you care whether they listen to what you have to say? Surely to Jaysus you're there to learn from them, not the other way round.

Much more revolutionary would be students who listen to what lecturers have to say.

Also, that ad sounds like they are all chanting at some demonic mass.

Mature student in college myself at the moment and believe you me there is nothing on as bad as a yappy student (mostly mature students too it has to be said) taking up valuable class time going off on their tangents and asking the lecturer irrelevant crap, giving them anecdotes that are neither here nor there.

Dont get me wrong its vital to ask questions and get involved but then there is a few that almost fancy themselves as lecturers such is the level of importance they place on their own tedious opinions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

Hate it, hate it!

you'd want to get your nose sorted first then love

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    The Hyundai ad piano music :mad:

Ugghhhh... "Hyundai, the most depressing cars in the world" :rolleyes:

Mature student in college myself at the moment and believe you me there is nothing on as bad as a yappy student (mostly mature students too it has to be said) taking up valuable class time going off on their tangents and asking the lecturer irrelevant crap, giving them anecdotes that are neither here nor there.

Dont get me wrong its vital to ask questions and get involved but then there is a few that almost fancy themselves as lecturers such is the level of importance they place on their own tedious opinions

I'm a lecturer myself. Believe me, I know this only too well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

I was once a mature student as well. Good third level lecturers will not look kindly on incessessant attitude, if I recall correctly. The 'student' sounds like a fresher that needs reminding he's not that bigshot 6th year anymore.
    Also, the Hyundai ads, what's the big deal? Are these cars the greatest thing, well, I'll live through? Like the moon landing? Like Concorde?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Hate it, hate it!

Also, what the fcuk is "relevant know-how"?!

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

It's just upper-class slang

It's like a really childish synonym for "up-to-date skills". Which is what she just said a second earlier. So, if that sounds redundant, it's because she's getting a bit used to lecturers who just sit back and listen to the ****e she has to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

8Y29hVg.jpg

How could an attractive Woman like that give birth to such an shifty eyed, moon faced abomination of a child? Maybe they brought him to the fairground to sell him to the freak show.

How could an attractive Woman like that give birth to such an shifty eyed, moon faced abomination of a child? Maybe they brought him to the fairground to sell him to the freak show.

The mother is tangfastic. The ad itself is cringeworthy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

A chromosome away from a Down syndrome.

• Advertisement

Neeson wrote: »
    A chromosome away from a Down syndrome.

I dont think his little red head friend will be looking at him in 6/7 years down the line somehow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43 listen_lady

The Irish dub for the trivago.com advert. Oh, and the Irish version of Coca-Cola's latest ad campaign.

Nails on a chalkboard for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

The Irish dub for the trivago.com advert. Oh, and the Irish version of Coca-Cola's latest ad campaign.

Nails on a chalkboard for me.

The female voice doesn't sound dub, sounds south Leinster or Munster. But god it's a terrible VoiceOver

• Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Has anyone mentioned the eircom (I think) ad with that controlling boot-face barking "DONAL!" at her dopey doormat of a boyfriend.

Duckjob wrote: »
    Has anyone mentioned the eircom (I think) ad with that controlling boot-face barking "DONAL!" at her dopey doormat of a boyfriend.

I mentioned it a few pages back in passing. Typical enough "stupid man and condescending woman" kind of an ad, but all I keep thinking is...why don't you just fcuking fix something for yourself instead of roaring and bawling at your husband to do it.

And buy your fcuking furniture somewhere else while you're at it.

Incidentally I think it's a Bord Gais ad, but it speaks volumes about how effective it is that I'm not exactly sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Oak furniture land ads how annoying.
    Why does the man pretend to put his feet up on the coffee table? He just suspends them in mid air :confused:.

And the 'don't do this to nan' ones with the grumpy auld bitch in them. If you don't like it nan you can **** off back to the nursing home :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

The female voice doesn't sound dub, sounds south Leinster or Munster. But god it's a terrible VoiceOver

The female voiceover on the Trivago ad is Northern, either a border county or across the border.

syklops wrote: »
    The female voiceover on the Trivago ad is Northern, either a border county or across the border.

This is paaairfact! Is there a pool?

Incidentally, when your man says "yeah there is!" why do they both laugh? I know on-screen they fall into a pool, but in reality they are just reading this on a computer screen. So what's so funny about there being a pool?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

This is paaairfact! Is there a pool?

Incidentally, when your man says "yeah there is!" why do they both laugh? I know on-screen they fall into a pool, but in reality they are just reading this on a computer screen. So what's so funny about there being a pool?

Giggling about the hi-jinks they will get up to in the double bed and the pool perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭marketty

Elite-Singles.ie

'In life, and in love, I don't settle for anything less than exceptional'

Ah go and ****e

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement