Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Nightwish wrote: »
    I dont understand the Fox's ad with the panda talking like a mafia godfather and the way he says "bis-kwits" :confused:

Me neither. why is he in an armchair? why does he care about 'bis-kwits', since pandas like bamboo? And I always thought pandas were from China, not New York. Maybe the Mafia have some sort of Bear division... so many unanswered questions. :eek:

I also hate the Drench ad with the dancing puppet. it's just creepy. And he seems so smug, the little b@stard, like 'look at me, I can dance AND drink water'. Get off my screen! :mad:

Those cheesy chat line ads that are on late at night, especially the one where the girls are all working out and are on their mobiles at the same time-'Meet fit girls now'- Omg, you can text them while they're working out in the gym..erotic...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,505 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That extra ad is bloody awful alright.

Here is a new one wrecking my head - Some kind of yoghurt called "Paula" (?). Badly dubbed german kids singing an annoying song. But seriously.... Paula ?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

There's a new ad for Cow and Gate featuring three babies laughing.
    The third one is the creepiest child I've ever seen. His laugh is demonic! That "thing" shouldn't be on TV, instead an exorcism should be performed on it.

Oh and that Extra ad is terrible. They always have awful ads though.

• Moderators Posts: 51,765 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

I dont understand the Fox's ad with the panda talking like a mafia godfather and the way he says "bis-kwits" :confused:

Wouldn't really take food advice from an animal that is known to eat its own crap. :D

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Acacia wrote: »
    I also hate the Drench ad with the dancing puppet. it's just creepy. And he seems so smug, the little b@stard, like 'look at me, I can dance AND drink water'. Get off my screen! :mad:
    That's Brains, from Tunderbirds. It is rather strange though. I think they were thinking of the Cadburys gorilla ad when they thought this one up.
    Those cheesy chat line ads that are on late at night, especially the one where the girls are all working out and are on their mobiles at the same time-'Meet fit girls now'- Omg, you can text them while they're working out in the gym..erotic...

Five in the UK is the worst for these. They're just so awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

In fact, I didn't know what the ad was for until I read your post.
    zuutroy wrote: »
    I also didnt know what it was for!
    Oops, I shouldn't have given them advertising!!!!!

As for the Fox's ad, I don't get the whole panda thing, but 'bis-kwits' is funneh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

That new one for the car (can't remember manufacturers name) where this smug looking prick is talking about "pay half now, pay half later". Then at the end of the add they do a god awful montage of him in different clothes and he says "Have I changed much?". :mad: :mad: I'd tell you what would change much if I met him....his fcukin face.

That clearasil one with the dopey woman in the diner. She makes pretend phonecalls to hide a spot from the sterotype cute guy, and at the end of the ad grabs his phone off him and says something stupid into it (I can't remember what it is now because I was just cringing so much). If that was my phone, that dopey dolly would be catching a back of the hand. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Vodafones "Were Roaming", It annoys me no end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 fioend

Ahhh that Extra ad.. Atrocious..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

That new Zurich ad with Jason Mcateer! Surely a background check was done on him to realise he is as stupid as he looks! uuurrrrrrrgh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

The ad for... I'm not quite sure, with the four kids talking about eating healthy, and the specky one with the pigtails goes
    "I'm with you on that, I'm not getting any younger you know.."

oh god, I hate that girl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

The Lenny Henry ad for Premier hotels. It keeps using the phrase "big time", as if the ad is really about how suitable the hotels are for tall people like LH. But they kind of fluff it, and don't make any direct claims.

The reason? When he flops back on the bed, it is visibly about ten inches too short for him.

Appalling. They came up with a selling point, realised it wouldn't work, and only did half a rewrite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

phasers wrote: »
    The ad for... I'm not quite sure, with the four kids talking about eating healthy, and the specky one with the pigtails goes
    "I'm with you on that, I'm not getting any younger you know.."

oh god, I hate that girl

+1 Stoopid ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Fredser

That one for vie(sp?) - basically it looks like liquified cabbage where members of the public are singing that tuneless over the top "its so extra-ordinary ..." or something like that. I will kill them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Then there is the bricky. Sure put bricklayers out of business. :)
    If these products were so good why ain't they in the shops?

Woodies stock it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

jhegarty wrote: »
    Woodies stock it
    Enuff said. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭TheAlmightyZeus

The new ad for Extra chewing gum I think it is. With 'The more we get together, together, together...' playing and loads of people go into a building and standing face to face with a friend. I hate even typing about it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Vie is very very extra-annoying. Its so badly mad it nearly makes me weep.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Vie is very very extra-annoying. Its so badly mad it nearly makes me weep.

+1 ... V is very very xtra-ordinary ... It's got of those annoying rhymes that when the aforementioned line is said, the tune rings aloud in my head :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

The one with Jessica Simpson for the face thing. It's the worst thing ever put on TV.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Any ad showing people with thier mouths full and any ad that uses the word "moreish".kellogs crunchy nut cornflakes does both.

:rolleyes: they should have just called it Oat-A-Bix :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Lobster

Danone actimel and similar products, How did the human race ever do with them up to now?
    Also when RTE have a "big movie", it annoys me how they constantly advertise it in the week leading up to it. Ie, "Jackass" last week and "Lord of War" this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

the kellogs ad with the kid singing "they gotta taste great".

>.>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

+1 on the Jessica Simpson one.

Also the lynxs ones....the chocolate ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,505 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Not an ad, but a promo on Living..... WE GET IT! PRIVATE PRACTICE IS STARTING THIS WEEK!

No need to tell us EVERY SINGLE AD BREAK.

Ahem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

No doubt it's been mentioned before, but...

"Got a coldsore on your face-a, got a coldsore on your face-a, gotta get some Virrelief, gotta get some Virrelief"

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Sinfonia wrote: »
    The ad for Extra, with that song which goes, "The morrre we get together, together, together, the morrrre we get together the happier we'll be..."
    In addition to this man's annoying voice, they add one of life's most ear-grating annoyances. Kids singing.

oh jeez mate i hear you ... +1 to seriously despising this advert

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Radio ad about the "AXA team" and that ad with the bloke in the 70s Afro squirting Sprite everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

is_that_so wrote: »
    Radio ad about the "AXA team" and that ad with the bloke in the 70s Afro squirting Sprite everywhere.

He was a man before he was a boy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement