Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,872 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

marketty wrote: »
    Elite-Singles.ie

'In life, and in love, I don't settle for anything less than exceptional'

Ah go and ****e

I was literally just about to post about that. I can't stand them. Snobby f*ckers with a false sense of superiority :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

syklops wrote: »
    The female voiceover on the Trivago ad is Northern, either a border county or across the border.

No no no, defo not border county. Tipp, Kilkenny, or Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 10,871 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Definitely not. I think it's deliberately nonspecific. Contributes to the blandness.

Elite-Singles.ie

Ah go and ****e

What really makes me sick is that the type of person that is on that site are probably the bankers and speculators that broke the country :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

Te new Thomas cook ads with James nesbit.what an irksome ****ehawk that man is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

The female voice doesn't sound dub, sounds south Leinster or Munster. But god it's a terrible VoiceOver

Think she meant dub as in voice dubbing :-D :-D

How about the Coke Zero ad,where he puts the Coke Zero into the regular Coke containers at the cinema,and everybody acts like they can't tell the difference...........
    Ridiculous.I am a Coke drinker,and I reckon other Coke drinkers can also tell that Coke Zero tastes nothing like it-tis actually horrible.Just the same as Pepsi Max tastes nothin like Pepsi.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

I can't believe we're paying to watch ads!

I hate the likes of the vanish ads where the dub over foreign actors voices .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,273 ✭✭✭emo72

The ad for washing powder. Some weird looking alien child being hit by flying muck in super slow mo. But it's the music that slays me, it's some super epic awesome inspirational uplifting tune. It really has no place in that advert. And I hate it so much I end up mentioning it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Giggling about the hi-jinks they will get up to in the double bed and the pool perhaps?

You mean in the "pewwwwlll"!!! :D
    Elite-Singles.ie

Ah go and ****e

Yeah, sparkly lady in a sparkly room, with "Niamh, lawyer" written below, or some such. I really must go and see can I sign on to their site. If I wore a suit and cufflinks, do you think they'd write "Fricatus, IT Guy" at the bottom of my video, or would I not be "elite" enough? :p

I'm from Waterford, and work in KK, with plenty of Tipp and Wexford people, and I can tell you categorically that her accent is not from here.

It's not a strong accent, but it's distinctly from up around Cavan/Monaghan/Louth. Could even be Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Considering Trivago have about 10 different voiceovers for that ad you could all be right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭colinod0806

Seasan wrote: »
    How about the Coke Zero ad,where he puts the Coke Zero into the regular Coke containers at the cinema,and everybody acts like they can't tell the difference...........
    Ridiculous.I am a Coke drinker,and I reckon other Coke drinkers can also tell that Coke Zero tastes nothing like it-tis actually horrible.Just the same as Pepsi Max tastes nothin like Pepsi.

Those people are either actors or rounded up morons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

We are going to have to agree to disagree, but its definitely northern. It sounds very similar to Dr Leah Totten who won the apprentice and she is from Derry.

A waterford is accent is the one from the new aviva ad. A tipp accent is like Pat Short in bogger mode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

That new car insurance/breakdown ad where the guy is in danger of not making it home on time for his baby's bath. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

AwL32L7CEAMiZ3r.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

AwL32L7CEAMiZ3r.jpg:large

Bullsh!t in every way possible.

I hate how you see them in the cinema smilling thinking 'OMG thats the guy who served me coke'. Fcek off no one remembers what the monkeys selling coke and popcorn in cinemas looks like.

iDave wrote: »
    Bullsh!t in every way possible.

I hate how you see them in the cinema smilling thinking 'OMG thats the guy who served me coke'. Fcek off no one remembers what the monkeys selling coke and popcorn in cinemas looks like.

I have an alternative ad. People buy their Coke.
    Next scene, dude comes on screen: "Hi! Remember me?"
    "No".
    Ad ends.

Or to quote one of the comments on the Youtube video.

"Why does my Coke taste so sh1tty?...Oh."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

When have you ever been to the cinema and seen every single person in the place with a coke, all the same size too. It would have been more realistic as well if there were some young ones acting the maggot and trying to spoil it for everyone.
    'Hi remember me? I'm the prick who just served you your coke':mad:

I can tell the difference between coke and zero by its smell. If you don't notice the difference by tasting it, you should go to the doctor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

I can tell the difference between coke and zero by its smell. If you don't notice the difference by tasting it, you should go to the doctor.

All told it would have made a better stroke awareness ad.

'If you can't taste this shít, you are probably mere moments away from a severe stroke.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

I have an alternative ad. People buy their Coke.
    Next scene, dude comes on screen: "Hi! Remember me?"
    "No".
    Ad ends.

My alternative ad involves one or more audience members clutching their throat and dying a horrible gurgling death, with the last words "you b4stards, I'm allergic to aspartame!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

fricatus wrote: »
    My alternative ad involves one or more audience members clutching their throat and dying a horrible gurgling death, with the last words "you b4stards, I'm allergic to aspartame!!!"
    Or a version where dealing with the public everyday in his dead end job has caused him to snap 'Hi. Remember me? I'm the guy who just poisoned your coke. You all have two and a half minutes to live'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

fricatus wrote: »

I'm from Waterford, and work in KK, with plenty of Tipp and Wexford people, and I can tell you categorically that her accent is not from here.

It's not a strong accent, but it's distinctly from up around Cavan/Monaghan/Louth. Could even be Meath.

No way in feck. I'm FROM meath (ah touché) and its not a Meath accent.

Here's an excercise for you: say "is there a pewl boi" in the Waterford accent from the aviva ad. Now I think I have a very strong case to disregard any border county.

I'm sure she's also received some awful voice over training which really isn't helping her, or her career.

The father in that Bold ad is one condescending bo*locks.

'More fan-dangled stuff'

fúck off you grumpy príck :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

The father in that Bold ad is one condescending bo*locks.

'More fan-dangled stuff'

fúck off you grumpy príck :mad:

Couldn't agree more

No way in feck. I'm FROM meath (ah touché) and its not a Meath accent.

Here's an excercise for you: say "is there a pewl boi" in the Waterford accent from the aviva ad. Now I think I have a very strong case to disregard any border county.

Your from Meath. Meath isn't a border county so why would you have a strong case for disregarding that accent as being from a border county? That other poster was wrong by saying the accent is from Meath, it's not a Meath accent, but it is a border county(Either side of the border).

To be honest, I think its a Derry accent. Its not Louth, and its not Monaghan.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Oh for fcuks sake looks like Coors Light are going to be running that stupid ad where the guy cant get to the bar because of people dancing around him with that nails-on-a-blackboard song for another few months again.

Thargor wrote: »
    Oh for fcuks sake looks like Coors Light are going to be running that stupid ad where the guy cant get to the bar because of people dancing around him with that nails-on-a-blackboard song for another few months again.

Dreadful ad and dreadful song with outrageous clowns in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Seasan wrote: »
    Think she meant dub as in voice dubbing :-D :-D

Imagine if someone did that in real life.

There'd be a queue of people at the concession stand demanding their money back, screaming for blood, quoting their "consumer rights" and threatening to call Joe Duffy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

Dreadful ad and dreadful song with outrageous clowns in it.

I think that ad tries too hard to be funny when it actually isn't-tis just stupid.

As for the song,I'm probably completely wrong about this but is that the mega pain in the arse Lady Blah-Blah singing?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement