Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Seasan wrote: »
    I think that ad tries too hard to be funny when it actually isn't-tis just stupid.

As for the song,I'm probably completely wrong about this but is that the mega pain in the arse Lady Blah-Blah singing?

You are completely wrong. For starters its a man singing. Its by a group called the Jungle Brothers and the song is called "Because we got it like that".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Dreadful ad and dreadful song with outrageous clowns in it.
    "Workin on a dancefloor" P!ss off!

syklops wrote: »
    You are completely wrong. For starters its a man singing. Its by a group called the Jungle Brothers and the song is called "Because we got it like that".

The version in the ad is a cover version. Not quite sure by who though. Sheer dross.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,871 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

The version in the ad is a cover version. Not quite sure by who though. Sheer dross.

It's a fat boy slim remix. Good track actually, before the ad scum got their vampire teeth into it and sucked the life out of it for their dead product.

Tbh I like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

It's a fat boy slim remix. Good track actually, before the ad scum got their vampire teeth into it and sucked the life out of it for their dead product.

From the "on the floor at the big boutique" album iirc?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

emo72 wrote: »
    The ad for washing powder. Some weird looking alien child being hit by flying muck in super slow mo. But it's the music that slays me, it's some super epic awesome inspirational uplifting tune. It really has no place in that advert. And I hate it so much I end up mentioning it here.

It's a fantastic M83 song, being used in the weirdest possible way. For some reason all of their songs have suddenly started showing up ads, so it seems like they must have sold a job lot or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

all facebook sponsored ads

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭stannis

I want a state of the art campus in the heart of the ciddy. I want support. I want flexibiliddy.

I want I want I want.

Can you guess the ad I loathe so much?

stannis wrote: »
    I want a state of the art campus in the heart of the ciddy. I want support. I want flexibiliddy.

I want I want I want.

Yeah exactly.

I mean why all these weird ads to promote a college? What would be so bad about just keeping it simple and film one or two areas of the college while getting a few simple soundbytes from students?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,871 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Yeah exactly.

I mean why all these weird ads to promote a college? What would be so bad about just keeping it simple and film one or two areas of the college while getting a few simple soundbytes from students?

Or better yet, run a good college so you don't have to spend so much persuading people that you already do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Elite Singles....**** off you pretentious arsehole in your cheap suit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭marketty

Elite Singles guy and NCIRL girl should get together, they deserve each other.

O dahling I love how demanding you are, you self obsessed coont

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

C103 have an annoying radio ad about their free directory. This woman is saying all the places families can go in Cork and at the end she says and best of all it's free :rolleyes: as if entry were free to all the places she mentioned. A man says it's a directory and it's free. Why would anyone pay to find a phone number :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

the calgon adverts that was seriously badly dubbed :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Zatoichi

That obnoxious Hello.ie ad seems to be on constantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

All fabreeze ads esp the new one with the dopey laundry staff engaged in a staring competition with the hot chick trying to wash her manky mattress.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Why would anyone pay to find a phone number :confused:
    Call 1**** for the answer? :) People do pay to find phone numbers.

Regards...jmcc

That stupid cringey Corrie/Emmerdale ad airing on ITV at the moment where various actors from both shows are reciting poetry (not sure what the poem is).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

That stupid cringey Corrie/Emmerdale ad airing on ITV at the moment where various actors from both shows are reciting poetry (not sure what the poem is).

Judging by the "thou" and "thee" stuff,I'm guessing tis something from Shakespeare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

It's one of Shakespeare's sonnets. Trying to make the soaps seem highbrow.

Seasan wrote: »
    Judging by the "thou" and "thee" stuff,I'm guessing tis something from Shakespeare.
    It's one of Shakespeare's sonnets. Trying to make the soaps seem highbrow.

Yeah i was thinking it could be Willie alright. Ill admit to watching soaps myself albeit more out of boredom and not religiously but they are ridiculously overhyped in the media and i cant help feeling they are partially influencing the generation of morons among our society today.

The actors never seem to go any further in their careers then probably another soap at tops and yet clearly they believe their own hype that they read in the media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Aig ad is so bad.Who thought that was a good idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

"Bin it your way" adverts

Quite possibly the stupidest advertising campaign I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭marketty

maximoose wrote: »

What's stupid is having to tell people not to throw their ****ing gum on the ground

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I can't believe they've done another coke ad with the same bunch of obnoxious twats :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭optogirl

Gok Wan and his giant jaw linking arms with a gang of women he doesn't know while bawling how 'Feeling Gid has never tasted so Gid'

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I can't believe they've done another coke ad with the same bunch of obnoxious twats :(

I bloody hate that bunch, especially that bird with the posh D4 accent and that idiot with the big hair.

yomtea98 wrote: »
    Aig ad is so bad.Who thought that was a good idea?

That is one of the worst.

Thats a little unfair, there have been much worse ad campaigns.

Also, you probably aren't the target audience.

Can anyone tell me the point of replacing Coke with peoples names? Barrys did it a while back as well. Do they not get it could be damaging to the brand?

"Can I have a box of Barrys tea please?"
    "Sorry we don't have Barrys tea, we have Conor's Tea, and Imelda's Tea and even a Stanislav's tea but not Barrys. Isnt it a fun campaign?"
    "Instead of confusing me, can I have Lyons instead?"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

stannis wrote: »

I want I want I want.

I know the ad but I cant think of the college it is advertising for at all. Dont really understand the point of advertising a college. I dont know anyone who would see an ad and think "jaysus, I'll go study engineering for 4 years in trinity now! oh wait, the dead line has passed, errr next year maybe"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement