Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

The meteor ad.

I don't how many more times i can listen to "wales isn't a country" before the telly goes through the wall

It's a bit harsh if you're actually Welsh too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Any perfume/aftershave ad ever made

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Any perfume/aftershave ad ever made
    This one takes the absolute biscuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

At least they had a bit of craic in that One Direction one. Give me that over the usual pretentious perfume ads any day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I forgot about this one too; Moe Szyslak from The Simpsons got his own TV ad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

i hate the way he says "but you're not gonna get that for €250"

why not ? some young drivers are better than ones on the road 20 years. just so smug the way its put across

i hate the way he says "but you're not gonna get that for €250"

why not ? some young drivers are better than ones on the road 20 years. just so smug the way its put across
    That's actually one of the few things I hate least about the ad - they don't set the prices, they just sell policies for underwriting companies like Aviva, AXA, Zurich, etc who are the guys that set the prices. Added to that, younger drivers won't have a full 5/6 years no claims bonus or their full licence for a good few years (both also factors in bringing down the cost). Car insurance in Ireland is very, very murky and a glorified cartel - but the likes of quotedevil, the AA, chill.ie, etc are not responsible for that, it's all the underwriters.

He just comes over as a right creep in the ad though, untrustworthy... it does exactly the opposite of what it is meant to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭colinod0806

Billy86 wrote: »
    Really? She looks alright, but nothing special. Heads up - they will try to charge you €40 for changing ANYTHING on your policy with them. There's a reason the intro prices are so low. ;)

...and I don't care what the guy a few posts up has to say about beer ads, this remains one of the best ads for anything in a long, long time! :D

How had I missed this? Absolute class.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Maybe a bit harsh to say i "despise" this one, and it's a very basic, unoffensive advert. But it's starting to get on my wick, mainly because of her voice.

The new Sky advert, the way she stresses certain words as she's talking.. And... her voice. Arggg..

It's definitely the same girl from this advert.
    http://vimeo.com/57630306

Allyall wrote: »
    Maybe a bit harsh to say i "despise" this one, and it's a very basic, unoffensive advert. But it's starting to get on my wick, mainly because of her voice.

The new Sky advert, the way she stresses certain words as she's talking.. And... her voice. Arggg..

Especially given that those No Nonsense ads were dangerously close to proper false advertising, as well...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

Still love the way yer man says "Women"

Still love the way yer man says "Women"

:) Never paid attention to it before, but 'tis a giggle :D.

The new tesco mobile ad (Just on RTE a second ago).. sung to the William Tell Overture.. :(

:) Never paid attention to it before, but 'tis a giggle :D.

The new tesco mobile ad (Just on RTE a second ago).. sung to the William Tell Overture.. :(

"singing" a week with the in-laws aren't you lucky "singing"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,872 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

She's hot though.

anyone see this I swear my brother and I both said wtf to the tv

That is... weird.

And your ITV logo is... weird. :D

anyone see this I swear my brother and I both said wtf to the tv

Jeaysus... :eek::confused:

That's fckd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Serious psychological issues there. He saw his Ma gettin lashed ourravit. Jee-ayzus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

That's the new itv logo... But why were you and your bro watching this morning???

efb wrote: »
    That's the new itv logo... But why were you and your bro watching this morning???

this ad was shown on comedy central extra at 9:30pm just before south park

I just youtube it to show you guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭donegal_man

The new Domino's Pizza ad with the delivery person on the scooter. Not so much the ad per se but who thought it was a good idea to show pepperoni accompanied by the song "Champion The Wonder Horse"? Okay they've changed the lyrics but really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

That bloody Vodafone ad where that annoying cnut rings the fella up at 3am to ask what the name of the girl they met in Greece was.

I would really like to ring the neck of that pest.I would have shouted obscenities at him and switched off the phone......grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

That baby advert with the baby singing something very similar to the French national anthem.

Or all baby adverts in general.

My girlfriend gets really annoyed at anti-speeding adverts because she doesn't drive. Why does she have to watch the young one getting squashed?
    That bloody Vodafone ad where that annoying cnut rings the fella up at 3am to ask what the name of the girl they met in Greece was.

I would really like to ring the neck of that pest.I would have shouted obscenities at him and switched off the phone......grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

That was on just now. The friend should say "Are you in Greece now?" and get an answer of "no", and he should respond with "Then what does it matter? Ring me again and I will turn your gerbil into a delicious smoothie and feed it to your Ma."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

That coca cola add, " hi it's me again, I served you your coke, I can see your enjoying it", **** off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

That coca cola add, " hi it's me again, I served you your coke, I can see your enjoying it", **** off

Yeah, what would happen if someone was allergic to coke zero!!!
    Inconsiderate bastard!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

There's an advert popping up on YouTube lately that's not advertising anything. Just a video of some guy panning for gold in a stream in Wicklow. What even...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

syklops wrote: »
    My girlfriend gets really annoyed at anti-speeding adverts because she doesn't drive. Why does she have to watch the young one getting squashed?

LOL, that is just a brilliant comment! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

The ad itself is annoying, but why is it 'proof' that it's Coke Zero just because there's a hidden Coke Zero cup?!

I'd like to think I'd boycott the products where the ads are just terrible, however Carlsberg have continuously thrown a spanner in the works for me there. "The Great Escape", "Sparticus"....all just woeful and I'd love the willpower to turn my back on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

The ad itself is annoying, but why is it 'proof' that it's Coke Zero just because there's a hidden Coke Zero cup?!

I'd like to think I'd boycott the products where the ads are just terrible, however Carlsberg have continuously thrown a spanner in the works for me there. "The Great Escape", "Sparticus"....all just woeful and I'd love the willpower to turn my back on them.

You could have a proper drink and not god forsaken watery lager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Whatever advert has the rat faced 'boys in green' supporter at the end, staring into space. Someone hold him down while he's force fed some Vitamins.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement