Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

That coca cola add, " hi it's me again, I served you your coke, I can see your enjoying it", **** off
    Whatever advert has the rat faced 'boys in green' supporter at the end, staring into space. Someone hold him down while he's force fed some Vitamins.

Ya I agree, I'm sure he's a lovely guy but they had to get some chap who looked bloody clueless to fit the music to it, cheesy as ****.his eyes are all over the place for that millisecond he's on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Any ads about banks or insurance I can't stand. Also, that ad that mentions that stupid term laptoparoony is ultra annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Any ads about banks or insurance I can't stand. Also, that ad that mentions that stupid term laptoparoony is ultra annoying.

And of course those No Nonsense ads are among the most annoying insurance ads, and extremely loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

the obese advert on youtube. your man is piss me off every time he comes on. :rolleyes::rolleyes::mad::mad: i actually feel like jumping to my screen and punching him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

The SMA ad - the cr*p song, the over the top "normalised" footage, the condescending, "you're doing great".

Also, I can't remember which ad it is but twice in it when the silly bint is calling out the website she says, "ww.":mad: It's www ffs

Probably mentioned already but toilet cleaner/sanitry towel/ovulation kit/tampon/chesty cough syrup ads during dinner (or the 2nd,3rd or 4th when your Dad is in the room - cue enthusiastic-almost-hysterical chat about the weather) :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

"hope we hope, but never do we pray, we grow we grow but never do we change....... It's this one i know it is i know it is, it's this one i know it is i know it is, it's youuuu.. "

The song, his voice... fecking horrible Trivago advert.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

That coca cola add, " hi it's me again, I served you your coke, I can see your enjoying it", **** off

The worst part is that this would be an action for which he deserves to get his arse sued off. Many people won't touch anything laced with these (much cheaper) sugar substitutes like aspartame, but even without getting into that, it is a fraudulent breach of trust plain and simple. If the customer asked for normal sugary Coke then that is what they should have been served.
    That the gob****es behind Coca Cola think such behaviour could be presented as acceptable says a lot about the company's attitude toward their customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭SolitaireX

The Trivago ad, "No! More stylish" I'll just arrange the search by stylishness so, Stupid ad, hope they both drowned in the pool at the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

SolitaireX wrote: »
    The Trivago ad, "No! More stylish" I'll just arrange the search by stylishness so, Stupid ad, hope they both drowned in the pool at the end!

I was kinda hoping there was a shark in there, meself, but I guess that would need saltwater, so I'm good with them drowning in style instead. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭IrlMonk

All adverts are annoying. They should only have a two month lifespan and then told to change it. It is a head wrecker to have to watch the crap for five minutes every fifteen minutes between programmes.
    The kids channels are as bad, programming children's minds the cheek of the mf.
    Sick of it. Sick of the tv with all adverts and sick of everything to do with this capitalist world.
    Puke.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

That frakking Bushmills ad that is all over Youtube

A few Youtube ads have come up on this thread. Not being funny, but I haven't seen a youtube advert in a long time, and even then it was once on someone elses PC.

Try using AdblockPlus
    - Or if you use Internet Explorer use THIS - It looks like a lot, but isn't really.

Or if you're on an Android phone - Do this - Again, looks like a lot, but it isn't.

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    the obese advert on youtube. your man is piss me off every time he comes on. :rolleyes::rolleyes::mad::mad: i actually feel like jumping to my screen and punching him

can I have a link to that advert

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Probably mentioned already but toilet cleaner/sanitry towel/ovulation kit/tampon/chesty cough syrup ads during dinner (or the 2nd,3rd or 4th when your Dad is in the room - cue enthusiastic-almost-hysterical chat about the weather) :)

Might be time to break out the...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

This is described as most annoying ad ever.Not too far
    off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

You know that ad about overtaking bicyclists? You know at the very end where the girl gives a really pronounced signal she's turning right and looks back at the driver? That's weird in itself... (and btw I don't know why they filmed it in the middle of nowhere, surely the whole point is to show where there might be dangers), but it's after that bit when he's looking left and right again.

I'd swear he has this look on his face, this perverted smirk or something as if to say... "by jaayyyyys the legs on that one, i'd give her a good ride so I would!!!". At first I thought it was my imagination but the more I watch it, the more he seems to get this smirk.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,871 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

You know that ad about overtaking bicyclists? You know at the very end where the girl gives a really pronounced signal she's turning right and looks back at the driver? That's weird in itself... (and btw I don't know why they filmed it in the middle of nowhere, surely the whole point is to show where there might be dangers), but it's after that bit when he's looking left and right again.

I'd swear he has this look on his face, this perverted smirk or something as if to say... "by jaayyyyys the legs on that one, i'd give her a good ride so I would!!!". At first I thought it was my imagination but the more I watch it, the more he seems to get this smirk.

I need to watch it again on that front, but when your one looks around making the exaggerated turn signal, she looks around and eyeballs the driver, then grins...and the whole thing looks like something from a fcuking horror movie. Not sure what was in their heads when they filmed it, she creeps me out. Are you expected to make creepy eye contact with the driver behind you when turning right?

(Also on a practical level I agree, it's stupid to have it in the middle of nowhere, she signals with no traffic around...why not just cycle on? The big show of signalling doesn't make sense: at a Dublin traffic light, while you're looking around freaking out the driver and looking like a psycho, the light would be gone green and they'd be getting ready to beep the horn and fcuk you out of it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

The EBS ad, What are you saving for ?

There's a lad at the end who says "We're saving for our future".

It's really cringy.

His girlfriend/wife is mortified and you can see her thinking "Am I really going out with this twat ?"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

I need to watch it again on that front, but when your one looks around making the exaggerated turn signal, she looks around and eyeballs the driver, then grins...and the whole thing looks like something from a fcuking horror movie. Not sure what was in their heads when they filmed it, she creeps me out. Are you expected to make creepy eye contact with the driver behind you when turning right?

(Also on a practical level I agree, it's stupid to have it in the middle of nowhere, she signals with no traffic around...why not just cycle on? The big show of signalling doesn't make sense: at a Dublin traffic light, while you're looking around freaking out the driver and looking like a psycho, the light would be gone green and they'd be getting ready to beep the horn and fcuk you out of it)

Maybe they were told in their film classes that eye contact was interesting or something, that doesn't mean they should put it into a serious video supposed to be extremely formal and correct and pedantic and safe! The only saving factor I guess is that what she does is SO ridiculous that hopefully nobody would ever try it anyway. I'd just feel sorry for if a 16 year old tried it and got looks of horror, confusion and hooting from the cars behind.... and no nod that meant that she was allowed to go forward. :rolleyes: Can you imagine if there were a couple of cars ahead of her all turning off with the green light, and then suddenly when it got to her turn she stops all the traffic and puts up her right hand and turns back and gives you that look, that's the logical extension of asking can she go there.

You said it exactly, it was like something from a horror movie, where random people in the street start giving you exaggerated looks. It's a highly unrealistic technique used sometimes to create a sense of panic and paranoia in the viewer. The person actually in the car behind would freak out and think there was something seriously wrong.

I'm going to give it a lash the next day I'm out cycling. See if I get the nod of consent to let me make my turn from the motoring god behind, or if he just puts the car in reverse and backs off in total terror. I'll give him that crooked grin just to be sure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

With regards that ad whats with the ball being kicked beside the road aswell?I don't get it.Weird ad

• Registered Users Posts: 11,915 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

The ads at the beginning and end of each break during "Stepping Out". Just ignore that SO is a very unoriginal show to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The EBS ad, What are you saving for ?

There's a lad at the end who says "We're saving for our future".

It's really cringy.

His girlfriend/wife is mortified and you can see her thinking "Am I really going out with this twat ?"

Yep, I switch over when that ad comes on or if I don't have the remote I block my ears. Can't handle it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Hope I'm not tempting fate here but I haven't seen any ads for Arthur's day this year, you know the one "To Arthur".

Roanmore wrote: »
    Hope I'm not tempting fate here but I haven't seen any ads for Arthur's day this year, you know the one "To Arthur".

Either have I. They probably think it's big enough, they don't have to advertise anymore. Like St. Patrick's day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

The PrePay Power ad just came on Sky News. It finally has me snapping.

"A shocking electricity bill, can a real........ NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNIGHTMARE!!!"

Woman, your narration is the only f***ing nightmare around here. Feck off!

Billy86 wrote: »
    The PrePay Power ad just came on Sky News. It finally has me snapping.

"A shocking electricity bill, can a real........ NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNIGHTMARE!!!

Woman, your narration is the only f***ing nightmare around here. Feck off!

I see her son from the old ad isn't in this one. Must have went to live with Dad when it became clear mam couldn't afford to support him...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭pah

Mobile phone ads.

Thanks Vodafone, I really need to see a guy texting and taking a sh1t, it's what was missing from my day.

AND the meteor smart phone/person

"if your smartphone doesn't come with a smart plan it's not smart it's thick"

250mb data????? What the fuk is smart about that. A half arsed day of smartphone usage would be 100mb easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Allyall wrote: »
    Either have I. They probably think it's big enough, they don't have to advertise anymore. Like St. Patrick's day.
    They're on youtube and play before the youtube video u want to watch. The crappy thing is, the same arthurs day video is played over and over again before each youtube video in that 24 hr period.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

pah wrote: »
    AND the meteor smart phone/person

"if your smartphone doesn't come with a smart plan it's not smart it's thick"

250mb data????? What the fuk is smart about that. A half arsed day of smartphone usage would be 100mb easy.
    Have to agree, the standard is appallingly low in this whole industry. The guy these is like a teenager trying to do a Will Ferrell impression because he considers himself funny on the basis he mildly resembles David Walliams.

Ugh... my brain isn't working right today. There is another one that came to mind, but it's gone now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement