Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

The new Innocent ads. They're fine, and then.......

"Ooooooooooohhhh I love Innocent. It's just lllllloooovvveelllyyy. Llloovvveeee issssshhhh"

From a f***ing fish. That would die if it was fed fruit juice or smoothies. All for the excuse to try and get a cheap 'WHACKY!!!!!' laugh from a silly voice. Seriously, if anyone ever laughed at that, ever, they would have to be quite heavily sedated, with a chin hanging just off the ground over a puddle of drool. Who the F*CK is supposed to find that anything but annoying?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

The heineken ad with the goat in india. What is the point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

neris wrote: »
    The heineken ad with the goat in india. What is the point?

From the same people who brought you the equally pointless guy in a white dinner jacket, doing strange things with other people with the music from the asteroids galaxy tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,871 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

syklops wrote: »
    From the same people who brought you the equally pointless guy in a white dinner jacket, doing strange things with other people with the music from the asteroids galaxy tour.

I could kind of see the point of that one: he's supposed to be super popular, super talented, everyone wants to hang out with him and he's awesome...which is linked to the beer. Now, to me, he seemed like the kind of prick who should be a lot more familiar with the sharp end of a flensing knife than he actually is, but that's another matter.

But the Indian one...I dunno...seemed like they had a massive budget and just wanted to do as much mad **** as possible. Why India? Why the goat? What is actually going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

is craig doyle the only person available for adverts atm? :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    is craig doyle the only person available for adverts atm? :mad:

This ^^
    He's everywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭paulbok

If you're Abbey and you know it......

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

tinkerbell wrote: »
    That stupid therapie ad (laser hair removal) - it has gotta be one of the most annoying ads on TV.

I'm pretty sure she says "I decided to try laser hair Remooble"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 George_Foreman

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

The ikea ad with the dolls is freaky that other weird one with the kids in the kitchen with the toys

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

The new Eircom broadband ad with the real life Jake Stevens needs to be seen to be believed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭iverjohnston

The ad for the "Kildare Village" outlet. Where the woman states she "eats Italian, etc etc"
    Always puts me in mind of the Don Henley song "Dirty laundry"

See the bubble headed beach blonde on the news at five, she can tell you bout a train wreck with a gleam in her eye .

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭danwhite88

I cant stand the ad on Spin, The two lads talking about Manhattan popcorn. Does my head in. Have to change the channel as soon as I hear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Beer Assistant

Hate them all, love sky can record and fast forward all the adds

• Registered Users Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

danwhite88 wrote: »
    I cant stand the ad on Spin, The two lads talking about Manhattan popcorn. Does my head in. Have to change the channel as soon as I hear it.

Listening to spin is bad enough. I heard that add today in a shop and it is awful. Although it speaks to spins main demographic in its D4 drone.

Glazers Out!

the vodafone advert with the 4 girls sitting in the restaurant waiting for your man to call. :rolleyes: give me a break

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Billy86 wrote: »
    The new Innocent ads. They're fine, and then.......

"Ooooooooooohhhh I love Innocent. It's just lllllloooovvveelllyyy. Llloovvveeee issssshhhh"

From a f***ing fish. That would die if it was fed fruit juice or smoothies. All for the excuse to try and get a cheap 'WHACKY!!!!!' laugh from a silly voice. Seriously, if anyone ever laughed at that, ever, they would have to be quite heavily sedated, with a chin hanging just off the ground over a puddle of drool. Who the F*CK is supposed to find that anything but annoying?

I kinda like the fish :o:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

The Vision Express ad-where they show close ups of peoples faces and the background seems to be moving from side to side in each of them,and the ridiculous music that goes with it.Really stupid ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭donegal_man

The plug that's running during every break on the various incarnations of TV3 for "Celebrity Family Fortunes" with the guy doing the ropey godfather impersonation

ivytwine wrote: »

I do too. And actually the Fish says:

"Isnt Orange just Lovellely."

He doesnt say Innocent. Its more endearing I think.

• Advertisement

"Well its a good day, to singin' along and its a good day for movin' along". Some face care add. Day 2 into my holiday in a non-english speaking country I thought Id finally be rid of it and then it pops up on the TV screen. Is it Nivea? A very catchy choon. Too catchy, and yet, I dont know what its advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

A new ad on British TV for First 4 Lawyers-which has some eejit murdering a classic by REO Speedwagon.
    If they are going to use songs in ads,do they need special permission to use the original?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

ivytwine wrote: »

+1 for the fish

• Registered Users Posts: 10,871 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Is it just me or are there a lot of ads at the moment that feature people sitting on the jacks with their kaks around their ankles dropping a deuce? I just watched two ads in one break that featured this lovely sight, a Vodafone ad I think, and a lottery ad. Sweet Jesus like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Seasan wrote: »
    The Vision Express ad-where they show close ups of peoples faces and the background seems to be moving from side to side in each of them,and the ridiculous music that goes with it.Really stupid ad.

I HATE the concern ad about starvation and they say "today we have a cure- food."

Because food is a brand new concept! >:(

I'm likely gonna scream at this advert every time. the new Lucozade advert. oh god your man annoys me. :mad::mad:

and just about every advert on the radio that airs at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

the new abrakebabra ad on the radio. everyone lets smile..its the smiley meal or happy deal or some sh*te like that. does me 'ead in i tells ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,987 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

i want to see more irish sports people endorsement ads...love them...i love their wooden, no stage presence delivery!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

UK lotto ad, up there with McCains "Chips for tea" shudder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

Another stupid ad on the telly now. It has actually failed on me cos I can't remember the product they are selling.

The smart intelligent wife call out at her dopey husband Darren after his efforts at DIY have failed yet again.

If she is so smart why doesn't she hire a handyman d'uh. These ads are sexist against men but it's ok as it's only a bit of craic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement