Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,871 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

endplate wrote: »
    Another stupid ad on the telly now. It has actually failed on me cos I can't remember the product they are selling.

The smart intelligent wife call out at her dopey husband Darren after his efforts at DIY have failed yet again.

If she is so smart why doesn't she hire a handyman d'uh. These ads are sexist against men but it's ok as it's only a bit of craic.

It's Donal. And he's clearly a victim of bullying.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

The Lucozade ad featuring this black-ish rapper guy in a studio who drinks it and his head goes all weird.You'd think it was Esctasy they were advertising instead of a fizzy energy drink .

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

It's Donal. And he's clearly a victim of bullying.

Ah thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

endplate wrote: »
    Ah thanks

Bord Gais Energy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Who would win in a fight between Eddie Jordan and Louis Walsh? Neither hopefully

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Brennans Bread, Fleetwood wood, would bloody fleetwood + anything with Ben Dunne doing the voice-over. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

UK Lotto

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭applehunter

Eddie Jordan..."business is about speed, value, quality" and you can have all 3.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

Stupid calgon sham interview ads. ESPECIALLY the "bacteria" one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Eddie Jordan..."business is about speed, value, quality" and you can have all 3.

Stupid ad. He ran an f1 team not a multinational company in fairness. Stupid spokesperson for that company and its not even shot in Ireland. He is driving a left hand drive car. This as makes no sense to me.
    :mad: :mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Whoever sings "This is a mans world" for coco chanel, and it ends with a woman driving off on a motorbike. I haven't seen the full ad, but that version of that song is horrible. Sounds like she is trying really hard to emulate something that's been done to death. It's shít.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,987 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I keep spotting bank ads these days and the various methods they're using to show they are one of us, and they're always there for us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Allyall wrote: »
    Whoever sings "This is a mans world" for coco chanel, and it ends with a woman driving off on a motorbike. I haven't seen the full ad, but that version of that song is horrible. Sounds like she is trying really hard to emulate something that's been done to death. It's shít.

Joss Stone and Keira Knightley are the respective women in question.

The 11890 ads aren't getting any better - and it certainly doesn't help that the company has been using the "Kung Fu Fighting" jingle for around six years now, and doesn't see any need to replace it... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Joss Stone and Keira Knightley are the respective women in question.

I'm conflicted about whether or not i should thank that post or blow it up ;).

I am BRUTAL with faces (I'm not very good with celebrities either, - I have no idea who most of them are), but not in a million years would i have ever realised that, that is Kiera Knightley. The only film I know she was in, is Star Wars, although i would have thought I'd have recognised her :o.

EDIT - After a quick search of her name, i just realised she's in Pirates of the Caribbean. I've never heard of most of the other films, and definitely never seen them.

Joss Stone is the annoying part of the advert though, and that doesn't surprise me. She does impressions of singers singing other peoples songs :mad:. I remember her first album, I was going out with a girl who liked it, It was just a load of cover songs sung in the style of other singers.
    I just realised why there are no mimics on TV anymore (as comedians) - They're all making money pretending to be singers. Pity people aren;t getting as sick of them as quickly as they did of the comedian version.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

For me the most jaw-dropping ad on TV at the moment is that one with yer man delivering the Calor Gas. Does anyone else think the gas delivery is just a thin pretext for having an affair with the lady of the house while her husband is at work?

At the beginning of the ad, he tells us, with a twinkle in his eye - and was that wink my imagination? - that he's going to "see Julie".

Next thing, he's easing his long, smooth, hard... truck into Julie's... driveway, while she smiles coyly at him.

After he delivers his load - of gas - the ad cuts to someone stepping out of the shower and being handed a towel. (That's actually in it, watch the ad!)

The ad ends with our cool, clean, gas-delivering hero being waved off by the lovely Julie, all her propane needs fulfilled.

Either I've just got a filthy mind, or else there's some genius of a joker in the agency making that ad, who managed to get his innuendo-laden film past the customer. Or did Calor Gas want to portray their delivery drivers as roving Lotharios? I don't know, but that ad is sheer class! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Allyall wrote: »
    I am BRUTAL with faces (I'm not very good with celebrities either, - I have no idea who most of them are), but not in a million years would i have ever realised that, that is Kiera Knightley. The only film I know she was in, is Star Wars, although i would have thought I'd have recognised her :o.

You must have meant the unbelievably similar-looking Natalie Portman, there. :D:);)

Natalie_Portman_Dior_Beautymain-image-110811.jpg

Has the latest Lotto ad - complete with choir messing up Madonna's "Holiday" - been mentioned yet?

knightley is in star wars, though tbf she plays a decoy for portmans character

You must have meant the unbelievably similar-looking Natalie Portman, there. :D:);)
    knightley is in star wars, though tbf she plays a decoy for portmans character

I was thinking of Natalie Portman... A quick google just added to confuse, but then i followed one of the links.
    I always thought the main girl in the newer Star Wars was Kiera Knightly..

Searching the two of them brings up pages of actors/actresses who look alike. "Twincredible"..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Jayzis Natalie portman is pure class

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

i want to see more irish sports people endorsement ads...love them...i love their wooden, no stage presence delivery!

THE HIGH PERFORMANCE VITAMIN!

Thanks for that Cian Healy. 2.7 Seconds on the screen and you somehow are a vacuum for charisma and are shouting at me to buy Berrocca. Good job.

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    THE HIGH PERFORMANCE VITAMIN!

Thanks for that Cian Healy. 2.7 Seconds on the screen and you somehow are a vacuum for charisma and are shouting at me to buy Berrocca. Good job.

You whippersnappers don't know how good you have it. In my day we had dj Carey rising and striking a box of cow liver fluke medicine with his hurl. And damn happy we were with it too. What we wouldn't give to have had Cian Healy and his berocca, or drico bursting into the credit union like a mungo, or the Irish soccer team watching a guy ask a girl out, or the gooch rambling monotonously about a sports drink that is absolutely not just junk food.

What a time to be alive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Philadelphia ad. The girl with the weird overly high pitched tune. It just irritates me.

The Aviva ads seem to be getting increasingly irritating. Laptop-eroony guy I could live with. Metal-head annoyed me, now theres some strange fitness guy which just sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

syklops wrote: »
    The Aviva ads seem to be getting increasingly irritating. Laptop-eroony guy I could live with. Metal-head annoyed me, now theres some strange fitness guy which just sucks.

Yeah the character is a little thin, but there is one touch of pure genius in that ad - the portrait of fitness guy wrestling a lion... we saw loads of houses last year when we were looking to buy, and there were so many that featured self-indulgent poser pictures of the owners or their children - just like that lion one! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

I hate every ad METEOR have had, alkso hate the LOTTO "what would you do for a million" ads, probably created by the same ad firm?

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭denlaw

"Were saving €60 a week by switching to ALDI"
    "Its ALDI ALDI ALDI all the way now"

First..where were you shopping that it cost you sixty notes a week EXTRA..Harrods!!!:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Radio5

denlaw wrote: »

First..where were you shopping that it cost you sixty notes a week EXTRA..Harrods!!!:mad::mad:

He probably never did the shopping. His poor wife/partner or mother did it for him! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

that embarrassing cartoon flora ad should be banned off the TV, in reality the poor kids would be traumatized from seeing their Da mounting their Ma and become disturbed for the rest of their lives ! Get that ad off the TV!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

that embarrassing cartoon flora ad should be banned off the TV, in reality the poor kids would be traumatized from seeing their Da mounting their Ma and become disturbed for the rest of their lives ! Get that ad off the TV!

I like it.

We live in Ireland where most coitus happens beneath the duvet because its too damn cold. I doubt the two kids would be that traumatised.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭denlaw

There's a joke in there somewhere...I'm a firm believer that my mother and father never had sex despite me having 3 sisters and a brother ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

denlaw wrote: »

True. I cringe, in particular, at the one where yer man says something like 'what's that over a year (i.e 60 x 52)...anyone good at Maths...'

Makes me want to kick the tv!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement