Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

"Here is an amazing deal from suzuki - so , have i changed much? "

ah yeah!!! (in 2years, i'd hope so)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Supermanscat

Well where will i start?

Is it me or do most TV ads with GAA in them annoy the **** out of ya? Although the new vodafone one is good!
    I mean that one where your man goes up to the house and he's like " Ive been playing senior for 5 years now" Im not finished yet and the manager replies i know. Thats why i'm making you captain! DOES MY HEAD IN! You are finished ya prick! Both of ye are, as actors and human beings!

But the one that really annoys me is that BOI one where its you go through alot but so do we and it cuts to the wife in the stand. " Come on Tommy" "For Gods sake"! Oh jesus i hate that bitch. Tommy would wanna get rid of her!

Do people know the ads in on about?

As someone massively involved in the GAA its embarrasing to see this ****e!!

Well where will i start?

Is it me or do most TV ads with GAA in them annoy the **** out of ya? Although the new vodafone one is good!
    I mean that one where your man goes up to the house and he's like " Ive been playing senior for 5 years now" Im not finished yet and the manager replies i know. Thats why i'm making you captain! DOES MY HEAD IN! You are finished ya prick! Both of ye are, as actors and human beings!

Yeah i know this one and it really is non-sensical to put it mildly ... it's relevance after all these years on tv is ... :confused::confused:
    ... But the one that really annoys me is that BOI one where its you go through alot but so do we and it cuts to the wife in the stand. " Come on Tommy" "For Gods sake"! Oh jesus i hate that bitch. Tommy would wanna get rid of her!
    Do people know the ads in on about?

As someone massively involved in the GAA its embarrasing to see this ****e!!

do not know this one though but it doesn't sound like i am missing out on much :)

their really are some dire adverts out there that makes me question what else was brought to the table when this is what they deem to be the best to be shown on tv

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The Always one saying 'Have a happy period' is just weird and annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

kerry4sam wrote: »

That guy annoys the **** out of me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Anyone mentioned the Knorr Vie advert yet with the bunch of plebs trying to sing in the street?
    If any advert was ever to influence me into obtaining an automatic weapon and firing indiscriminately into a crowd of shoppers, it's this one...

[edit] +1 on the suzuki ad....yeah I'd have to save a few rounds for that guy as well

all adverts with Martin King ... It doesn't matter how bubbly a character he is;

it ain't going to help the weather :pac: Why even bother of going to the trouble of advertising when his weather forecast will be on the tv :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

The radio ads for the anti-littering.
    'Would he not just push ish in the bi-in'' God i hate that accent

Then worse is the girl asking the guy out and he has a spaz attack because she didn't dispose of her chewing gum properly and tells her she is not right in the head. I think she dodged a bullet there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

The Danone Actimal ad where there are three little superheros to personify the cultures in the psuedo-yoghurt drink. You know the one I'm talking about, the one where L Casei Immunitas falls out of the fridge. Dumb woman. :rolleyes:

They had two men and one woman and it's the woman who falls out of the fridge? Why not one of the men? That way you wouldn't have men on here saying "Well, why should a man fall out of the fridge", because at least only one of the men would've fallen out! There'd still be one non-idiotic man left in the fridge!

I hate her whiney little voice before she falls out of the fridge aswell. Her little pep-talk/chant. "Yeah, let's 'em!" (or something). And then she goes and falls off the ham onto the floor. :rolleyes:

I have to stop now, if I roll my eyes one more time I'll be worried that they won't come back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Neesa wrote: »
    The Danone Actimal ad where there are three little superheros to personify the cultures in the psuedo-yoghurt drink. You know the one I'm talking about, the one where L Casei Immunitas falls out of the fridge. Dumb woman. :rolleyes:

They had two men and one woman and it's the woman who falls out of the fridge? Why not one of the men? That way you wouldn't have men on here saying "Well, why should a man fall out of the fridge", because at least only one of the men would've fallen out! There'd still be one non-idiotic man left in the fridge!

I hate her whiney little voice before she falls out of the fridge aswell. Her little pep-talk/chant. "Yeah, let's 'em!" (or something). And then she goes and falls off the ham onto the floor. :rolleyes:

I have to stop now, if I roll my eyes one more time I'll be worried that they won't come back!

Fancy an Actimel?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

ziggy wrote: »

Oh, you know what? You're right. Yes, you're 100% right and everything that you say is correct and true. I, on the other hand, am an idiot. Let my opinion be cast out as unworthy and I shall tremble in your greatness forevermore.

I just have to hope other very intellligent person doesn't go and quote me, or some such nonsense. No, surely not?

Oh, you know what? You're right. Yes, you're 100% right and everything that you say is correct and true. I, on the other hand, am an idiot. Let my opinion be cast out as unworthy and I shall tremble in your greatness forevermore.

QFT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

The Halifax "We Are Saving" ad - it makes me physically sick.
    I really want to punch that manager guy with the glasses who's in all the ads.

Funny considering their Irish ones are great! Banker dance off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 sh1tnamespace

I despise all advertisements. I despise all advertisers. As do I despise the frequency which certain advertisements are stuff down throats. Personally, I would love to have a personal hand in the entire models downfall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭LCDeelite

I am allergic to that ad that warns young men against drink driving. This dopey eejit walks down the stairs into a bar, turns his curly-haired head, and fixes his eyes on this brunette woman perched at the bar counter. A millisecond later, he's perched there with her and you see him visually wrestling his conscience over choosing between the pint on the counter (looks like Heineken) or being sober for the night. Then you have that stupid woman tilting her head to one side like a Cocker Spaniel (she really does look like my dog- the eyes, mane, and all) as if to say, "So what's it gonna be, big, curly-haired boy? If you drink that pint, the only thin you'll be riding tonight is the Luas".

Then cut to this 'voice of reason' talking about the bad things the curly-haired fella could do to other people's lives if he downs the pint. To bolster the gravity of these words, there are inane scenes of f*cked-up people with acting so bad, it makes Fair City look like Grey's Anatomy. One woman is dragging herself along supportive metal beams in what looks like a session of physiotherapy. "Uhhhwoooooolll!!!!", she roars. Then there's a fella sat in an armchair with a mouth problem, and his parents sat near him looking disturbed (but not as disturbed as me, the unfortunate viewer): 'What will he do when we're gone?'. Um, clap his hands?? :P

Another scene shows us four guys in an overturned car bleeding profusely, and a paramedic silently asking, "Which one will we cut out first?" I know- NONE OF THEM..! We're treated to another fine piece of acting, where two guards are wondering how to break the bad news to a woman in a cosy-looking house who looks like an extra off Glenroe. One more scene shows a girl with a face like that villain in Batman who had the two faces (what was his name again??). Jesus, I'm exhausted from describing these stupid scenes..! :(

Anyway, the end of the ad (the way I'm talking, you'd think I was rattling on about several ads in the one post), shows curly-haired man defiantly pushing away the pint of Heineken or whatever. Then that Cocker Spaniel woman with the half-open mouth (to catch flies, I'd say) turns towards curly boy all 'seductively': "Your path of sobriety tonight means I'll give ya a go off me after all." Curly boy looks happy. Cue that wonderful singing: "Just one look.. That's all it took". THE END.

What a sh1te ad. I think it's run by DOE or some drinks safety 'regulator'. Blahblahblah. It's still [EMAIL="cr@p"]cr@p[/EMAIL].

Oh God, I hate that ad as well. That bollix is some annoying tool.

Wertz wrote: »
    Anyone mentioned the Knorr Vie advert yet with the bunch of plebs trying to sing in the street?
    If any advert was ever to influence me into obtaining an automatic weapon and firing indiscriminately into a crowd of shoppers, it's this one...

Lord God, I'm with you on that one. "Very REF-RESH-ING ALTOGETHER!" I'll give you something f*cking refreshing, ya hoor!! :pac:

:rolleyes: they should have just called it Oat-A-Bix :rolleyes:

Yes indeed- awful ad. I think 'they should have just called it ought-to-quit' when discussing that idea for an ad back in the office to begin with.

Yeah I hate the oatybix ad too. Another fine example of Women coming across as smug assholes. Men are always complaining that they look stupid in ads, well it's better that being smug and self assured :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,505 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

When that Oatibix ad came out originally, I thought it was implied that the girl was blind (she never looks left or right, and doesn't look at the trailer). That makes some sense, I think.

In more recent versions of the ad, she actually looks at the driver (so now it just comes across as a stupid ad) :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I think that oatabix add is brilliant. Pity the product tastes so bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Now you know what I feel like when I see that stupid Babybel ad. (which thankfully appears to have died a very justified death)

3, YES 3 idiotic men jump out of a plane after cheese thrown by.....a woman!

That Danone one is bad - they always have terrible ads.

Worst ad campaign at the moment is Shreddies.
    "Knitted by Nanas" - WTF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 amr1989

this was mentioned a good few times but i hate the knorr vie its refreshing altogether ad, heres an aammmaaazzziiinngg deal from suziki(sp?), the new meteor ad with the guy in the big yellow jumper is susposed to be a genie or something sitting on a cloud and despise the sky+ ad!! "you just press the button and you can record a full series" big deal!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Worst ad campaign at the moment is Shreddies.
    "Knitted by Nanas" - WTF?

And it's false advertising!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭adamstown1

Ive really got into the habit of not buying products that have ****e ads.
    I find myself picking up an item and my brain recalls the ad,if i dont like i dont buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭madser

I hate the Davina Mc Call ads with the hair dye, 'will it hide my greys' 'all your greys mom'

It just makes me want to throw something at the telly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,505 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

And that creepy "Take Care" smile she does at the end.... *shudder*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement