Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Her voice goes right through my head.

You JUST know she's putting it on for the telly.

I only got 3 or 4 hours sleep in hospital for the couple of nights I had to spend there but I got through it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Wasn't the -EXACT- same woman on an ad for them before an claiming something else? Either that or whoever makes their ads has a thing for really annoying, similar voices. It was the one where she was harping on about "your little tiny babies" which came over as pretty fecking low all in all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Billy86 wrote: »
    Wasn't the -EXACT- same woman on an ad for them before an claiming something else? Either that or whoever makes their ads has a thing for really annoying, similar voices. It was the one where she was harping on about "your little tiny babies" which came over as pretty fecking low all in all.

Different person but equally annoying. This Roz is much more nasally.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭denlaw

The Aldi ad, "steaks ready love"

"handread parcent"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

denlaw wrote: »
    "handread parcent"

I still would.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

That smug "Emmaaaaaaaa" one.

Revenge I guess for the "Donaaaaaal!" one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

That smug "Emmaaaaaaaa" one.

Revenge I guess for the "Donaaaaaal!" one.
    Serious touch of rapist off the first time he says it in the ad...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Sigourney

darkdubh wrote: »
    I wonder what horrors will Meteor unleash on us this Christmas? quote]

You asked for it; here it is: http://youtu.be/g2dyqhy44Hs

¿Mamacita, dónde está Santa Claus? ¡Ay, dios mío!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

i may actually cry :( that was 40 seconds felt like 5 mins long. bring back the choir singing please

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I love that song in the Meteor ad.

• Advertisement

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    i may actually cry :( that was 40 seconds felt like 5 mins long. bring back the choir singing please

You must have very little in your life bothering you if that ad makes you want to cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭denlaw

Billy86 wrote: »
    Serious touch of rapist off the first time he says it in the ad...
    touch of a wife beater as well..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,882 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

denlaw wrote: »
    touch of a wife beater as well..

My main impression with that ad is that the look on Emma's face says "how did I end up married to this condescending s***bag?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Has anyone seen the 'lavish' new M&S christmas ad?(christmas = alice in wonderland apparently).

I could be wrong is the "actress" the one from Transformers 3?

It also features Helena Bonham Carter.... goes on for a whole minute & looks like it cost about a million pounds.
    Yet I still thought it was terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Rosie Huntington-Whitely.

All the big Christmas ads are a let down this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

The Park Ireland for Christmas. Jesus wept.

It's on 1000 times an hour. If they saved all the money on advertising they could give it to them anyway. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Sigourney wrote: »
    You asked for it; here it is: http://youtu.be/g2dyqhy44Hs

¿Mamacita, dónde está Santa Claus? ¡Ay, dios mío!

Well, the choice of song is good - but everything else... :rolleyes:

The voiceover sounds like he's trying to be Alan Hughes - if so, he's failing miserably.

Also, "a massive €25,000 cash". I don't think it's that massive, actually - especially when one considers that every contestant on Stinging Reek (you know what I mean) goes away with at least €20,000...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Has anyone seen the 'lavish' new M&S christmas ad?(christmas = alice in wonderland apparently).

I could be wrong is the "actress" the one from Transformers 3?

It also features Helena Bonham Carter.... goes on for a whole minute & looks like it cost about a million pounds.
    Yet I still thought it was terrible.

I liked it. But then I'm a sucker for fairytale/Alice stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

My main impression with that ad is that the look on Emma's face says "how did I end up married to this condescending s***bag?"

Agree. I hate that ad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭uggybear

The new prepaypower.ie ad with the crazy women exclaiming: "can be a reeal nitemaaare" sounds too much like Cruella de Vil

• Advertisement

uggybear wrote: »
    The new prepaypower.ie ad with the crazy women exclaiming: "can be a reeal nitemaaare" sounds too much like Cruella de Vil

Sounds too much like shíte. I could never figure out what that ad was for (I never continued to watch).

Just had "Donal, donal? DONAL!", followed by "Emma. Emma? EMMA!"!".

Thoroughly irritating.

syklops wrote: »
    Just had "Donal, donal? DONAL!", followed by "Emma. Emma? EMMA!"!".

Thoroughly irritating.

I'm surprised someone hasn't made a mashup of the two of them.

Allyall wrote: »
    I'm surprised someone hasn't made a mashup of the two of them.

I was actually considering it last night.

syklops wrote: »
    I was actually considering it last night.
    Go for it. :D and :mad:
    Ask for donations here, and we could Pay daytime TV to play it 1000 times a day as payback :rolleyes:.
    I was about to google them to see what they might look like together, and i realised, i have no Fcking idead what they're for! :confused:

Are they made by the same agency/person?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,123 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

This isn't one particular ad, nor do I find the ads themselves that annoying (well some can be), but not being able to sit down and watch a football match without being bombarded with instructions to BET NOW!!! by about 6 different online bookies infuriates me. Shut the fúck up, I do not want to throw all my money into a black hole, and I hate the fact you make hundreds of millions from people who do.

Paddy power
    Betfair
    Victor Chandler
    Ladbrokes
    Coral
    William Hill

Fúck off and die. All of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Ads with 007's aftershave for men.
    What sort of After shave do the Bond villains use? Both male & female?Think of Pussy Galore in Goldfinger etc... Now there's a product line! Thinking of Christopher Walken here in ' A View to a kill' - he features In better quality menswear ads at the moment does'nt he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭uggybear

Allyall wrote: »
    Sounds too much like shíte. I could never figure out what that ad was for (I never continued to watch).
    Instead of paying for your electricity with bills you can top it up with a prepay plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

All the car adverts at the moment, are completely unbearable apart from maybe the Toyota one. Bad music being the main reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The Shreddies ad, where the invento stumbles upon the secret to healthy living I.e. Wheat ... Whilst running through a field of wheat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement