Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭uggybear

The new allianz ad with your wan screaming: "arghhhhhhhh!"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That Gilette ad with Adrien Brody.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

J. Marston wrote: »

+100. Who is he?
    I presume you're talking about the guy who says he looks like his dad in the 70's?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Uh oh. We have another "smug eyebrows" ad. I hate smug eyebrows!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Allyall wrote: »
    +100. Who is he?
    I presume you're talking about the guy who says he looks like his dad in the 70's?

He played the retarded guy in "the village" I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

That Coors Light ad does my head in, I wouldn't set foot in a pub with that many freaks in it! Gets the blood boiling every time! Not funny in the slightest.

Also at the end, the guy drinks from the pint but when the shot pans out to the 3 of them he has a full pint again!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

kfallon wrote: »
    That Coors Light ad does my head in, I wouldn't set foot in a pub with that many freaks in it! Gets the blood boiling every time! Not funny in the slightest.

Also at the end, the guy drinks from the pint but when the shot pans out to the 3 of them he has a full pint again!

It just won't go away. I swear it's been on for around a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Allyall wrote: »
    +100. Who is he?

Adrien Brody, youngest winner of Best actor Oscar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrien_Brody

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

"Emmahhhh..."
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Seemingly that ad was made specifically for the Irish market. A second reason for boycotting that s**t beer.

• Advertisement

Seemingly that ad was made specifically for the Irish market. A second reason for boycotting that s**t beer.

delaad wrote: »

Treble post:o

Is this a record?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

delaad wrote: »
    Treble post:o

Is this a record?
    That post just won't go away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭mr lee

the big cheesy head on "amy" in the new amazon ad

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

mr lee wrote: »
    the big cheesy head on "amy" in the new amazon ad

Her customer seems lost in his own house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

"Emmahhhh..."

Hate, hate, hate that ad! I definitely wouldn't buy the product. Stupid stupid ad. What sort of an ape is that guy? Sitting on the loo, EMMA... :mad:
    Yeuch!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Hate, hate, hate that ad! I definitely wouldn't buy the product. Stupid stupid ad. What sort of an ape is that guy? Sitting on the loo, EMMA... :mad:
    Yeuch!

The more I see that ad,the more of a wanker he seems to become.

Himself,that other cantankerous cow who screams "Donal!!!" and that smart-arsed arsehole dad from the Bold ad should all be shipped off to another planet where they can kill each other!!

(yes,I know they're only ads but this is what happens when they are shown so often)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Christmas ads all of them getting to much now. They seem to be getting shown earlier every year now.

Also that ikea ad with the giant toys who come to life in the kitchen is freaky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Seasan wrote: »

(yes,I know they're only ads but this is what happens when they are shown so often)

She should tell him to stick the toilet paper where the sun don't shine. :D I know it's only an ad, but I hate it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

"Emmahhhh..."

That fellas face is definitely ripe for smacking.How you could just sit there and take that c**p is beyond me. His head would be through the wall if I was there:mad:..........where is Nidge and Fran when you need them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Elmo wrote: »
    Her customer seems lost in his own house.
    But "Doooonal" woman is perfectly ok?

I hate both ads, but it just annoys me as they paint her for being fine to be an utter cnut, yet he has to get his come uppance in the other ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭mr lee

"derek,we're off to benidorm",,,hey derek,leave her in f@#kin benidorm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

When I first saw the Emma advert I thought it was an advertisement for the tablets, as the whole advert seems to revert around him using his tablet for different things, aside from the Emma references.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Those Newbridge ads with Amy Huberman are really head
    wrecking! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

mr lee wrote: »
    "derek,we're off to benidorm",,,hey derek,leave her in f@#kin benidorm

I went to Benidorm just before that advert came out.
    It was purely 'accidental'. We took three trains and started randomly going places after buying eurailpasses. (We had got a 50% discount).

Benidorm - 3 days. Worst thing i have ever done in my life. Utter shíthole.
    Convinced ourselves it couldn't be as bad as we heard. Lots of people go there, there must be something good/okay about the place.

Utter shíthole.

Anyone that goes there, deserves what they get for not listening.

We deserved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Seasan wrote: »

Himself,that other cantankerous cow who screams "Donal!!!" and that smart-arsed arsehole dad from the Bold ad should all be shipped off to another planet where they can kill each other!!

I'm actually glad i've no idea what the ad is for.
    The annoying factor seems to have overshadowed what the ad is for, for me at least. That or i've unconsciously refused to engage with it at any other level.
    Take that marketers.

Those apache pizza radio ads were quite annoying had turn the radio every time it came on. Thank hell it's not on anymore, now that they've doing ads on tv with a Jake Gyllenhaal lookalike :D

uggybear wrote: »
    Those apache pizza radio ads were quite annoying had turn the radio every time it came on. Thank hell it's not on anymore, now that they've doing ads on tv with a Jake Gyllenhaal lookalike :D
    just in case you're wondering:

http://youtu.be/1XEyC_VNeLc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

LynnGrace wrote: »
    She should tell him to stick the toilet paper where the sun don't shine. :D I know it's only an ad, but I hate it!
    Where else would he stick the toilet paper?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement