Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

How is it that people in Aldi ads all look like they're made of plastic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

yomtea98 wrote: »
    Where else would he stick the toilet paper?

Haha, I knew someone would say that. She should tell him to stick the iPad where the sun don't shine so. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

The latest RTE Guide ad, featuring people reading copies at eye level (so that their faces are covered) while going about their lives.

13670297081058.jpg

And they're still using the slogan "Grab life by the pages".

?format=500w

I hate that bloody boots ad

run away run away run away run away

cas your looked after my nan
    cas your the fittest girl in my class
    cas you helped me get a B in maths

ffs wish that ads so **** off so annoying

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Any Christmas ad in November.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

gidget wrote: »
    When I first saw the Emma advert I thought it was an advertisement for the tablets, as the whole advert seems to revert around him using his tablet for different things, aside from the Emma references.
    I thought it was going to be an ad for newspapers.
    Then it turned out to be for the only thing they haven't invented an app for.

There's a nappy for that;)

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

delaad wrote: »
    How is it that people in Aldi ads all look like they're made of plastic?

I'd love to slap that 'Aldi Aldi Aldi all the way' eejit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

The new HTC ad with the catamaran. Not for any particular phone in particular. I'm now happy I had my HTC phone nicked. That ad could have been made by Joe & Keith of phantom 105 infamy. I now have a Sony Xperia in place of the HTC. Some Sony ads are crappy enough as well you but then the Sony one's I've seen of late are tolerable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

"I'm not going to be the person I'm expected to be anymore."

Fcuk off you pillock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

gugleguy wrote: »
    The new HTC ad with the catamaran. Not for any particular phone in particular. I'm now happy I had my HTC phone nicked. That ad could have been made by Joe & Keith of phantom 105 infamy. I now have a Sony Xperia in place of the HTC. Some Sony ads are crappy enough as well you but then the Sony one's I've seen of late are tolerable.

Xbox is plagued with a HTC - hipster car wash commercial.

Dire.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

That new TK Max ad with close ups of people gurning in slow motion is a complete turn off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Supervalue online shopping, green banana in the f**king head

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭jprboy

Meteor - "Get Christmassed"

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

The Moy Park chicken ad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Borderfox wrote: »
    The Moy Park chicken ad
    This is what happens when people with no experience in comedy try to write comedy.

Kevin... Kiev... Kievin... get it!? GET IT!?!? It's because Kev sounds like Kiev when you say it with an accent?? Eh? Eh??? Get it!?!?

---

I've figured out what's so annoying about the Littlewoods Christmas ads. It's not Caroline Morahan at all. It's that aggressively obnoxious "Christmas Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii-iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime" song. Makes my ears want to bleed. It doesn't only sound awful beyond belief, but it sounds more summery than anything as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

I see dublin bus or the dart whichever it is is using the same advertising company that did the eircom ads. Somebody is well connected me thinks. Annoying jumping camera work and crappy scene changes showing a bearded goon and his other half

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

TKMaxx Christmas Ad

My mam to my dad

Mam: She looks very surprised (The first black girl)

A few moments later

Dad:(as the baby appears) Yeah sure she has a white baby

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

darkdubh wrote: »
    That new TK Max ad with close ups of people gurning in slow motion is a complete turn off.
    Agreed. The way they filmed that ad makes the people in it look seriously disturbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,568 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The Tesco Christmas ad where the couple age about 40 years in it.

The Energia one where the dopey fella delivering the pizza is going around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Hate that one for the Nokia phone with the 41 megapixel camera where a bunch of eejits are literally falling over themselves trying to get photos of a children's play and as for that line "2007 called, it wants its camera phone back" - if anyone actually said that in a real life scenario I hope they get clocked

• Advertisement

Hate that one for the Nokia phone with the 41 megapixel camera where a bunch of eejits are literally falling over themselves trying to get photos of a children's play and as for that line "2007 called, it wants its camera phone back" - if anyone actually said that in a real life scenario I hope they get clocked
    Tell 2007 that 2003 called, it wants that bleedin' awful "such and such called, they want their such and such" line back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

The ad for William Hill betting apps for phones-tis the bloody song I can't effin stand.....
    "LLLlllUUUUuuaaah,
    I am the favourite soooon,
    I am the champiuuuun..."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

pookiesboo wrote: »
    The Amy Huberman Newbridge Silver ads. Cringe

I really wanted to like this ad but it is terrible. Serious cringe.

I don't understand why they got the young Amy Huberman to star in the ad but then created a really dated ad that is far more suited to an older star. Substitute an older actress in and it may not have been so cringe - Alison Doody or Olivia Tracey.

Surely Newbridge Silver do cocktail accessories. It would have been better to have Amy mixing up a few cocktails for her friends.

A nice flattering outfit would have been better than that shapeless frock too.

All in all I think it was a badly misjudged ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

I really wanted to like this ad but it is terrible. Serious cringe.

I don't understand why they got the young Amy Huberman to star in the ad but then created a really dated ad that is far more suited to an older star. Substitute an older actress in and it may not have been so cringe - Alison Doody or Olivia Tracey.

Surely Newbridge Silver do cocktail accessories. It would have been better to have Amy mixing up a few cocktails for her friends.

A nice flattering outfit would have been better than that shapeless frock too.

All in all I think it was a badly misjudged ad.

The part where she laughs makes me cringe every time. It's so fake.

I like Amy, but this ad makes me embarrassed for her!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

ivytwine wrote: »
    The part where she laughs makes me cringe every time. It's so fake.

I like Amy, but this ad makes me embarrassed for her!

I like Amy too but when I see this ad I feel embarrassed for her AND Brian.......it's that bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The latest RTE Guide ad, featuring people reading copies at eye level (so that their faces are covered) while going about their lives.

13670297081058.jpg

And they're still using the slogan "Grab life by the pages".

?format=500w
    Nothing is worse than "I love when clouds look like things! I hit the floor and dont care how I dannnnnnce!"

Thargor wrote: »
    I hit the floor and dont care how I dannnnnnce!"
    Thank CHRIST they pulled that (even if it took a few bloody years) - otherwise it wasn't too annoying an ad, but that had to be the most annoying line in years, along with "Electricity bills and be a real NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNightmarrrreeee!!!!" and the Asian one off the new Allianz ad "WwwuuuaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!". They're all channel changers for me, and if I'm just watching the telly in the background that channel usually loses my viewership for the evening in doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭denlaw

Talk about putting a man off his dinner in front of the telly once in awhile, that bloody foot pedicure machine ( industrial belt sander) for taking the dead skin off your foot.. I've seen less shavings hanging 10 doors in a day than that ..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

denlaw wrote: »
    Talk about putting a man off his dinner in front of the telly once in awhile, that bloody foot pedicure machine ( industrial belt sander) for taking the dead skin off your foot.. I've seen less shavings hanging 10 doors in a day than that ..

cheese.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

♬"I just wanted you to know" ♪ ♩
    ♩ "I just wanted you to know"♬
    "I just wanted you to know" ♫
    ♪"I just wanted you to know" ♬
    ♪ "I just wanted you to know"
    ♫"I just wanted you to know" ♪
    ♫"I just wanted you to know"

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Vistaprint