Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

ivytwine wrote: »
    The girl from the Cornflakes ad got married there the other week!
    I really should scroll down before repyling in future... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

All TV license ads are annoying but this is shocking. 'The quality has really gone through the roof over the years'. Oh really has it. Ye every group of lads they assembled at random I'm sure talk like that and shake their heads in amazement at Ryle Nugents 4 year old commentary.
    So awkwardly acted too, you can tell the actors were uncomfortable with the script.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

syklops wrote: »
    It has gotten to the stage that I change channel everytime the "Emma! Emma?" ad comes on. If you are an advertising exec and you are reading this and you don't want me watching your channel, continue showing this advert.

Same here. I just hate that ad, the guy with the hostile angry face on him, EM-MAW...EM-MAW...I couldn't buy that product, I hate the ad so much.

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Same here. I just hate that ad, the guy with the hostile angry face on him, EM-MAW...EM-MAW...I couldn't buy that product, I hate the ad so much.
    I do the same or at least hit mute for Allianz and the prepay electricity ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

LynnGrace wrote: »

That ad is winning awards all over the place.. :eek::confused:

It's a French advert (We recycled it)

More annoying ,the music was especially created for it. It's as though the agency went out of their way to annoy the general public. Probably laughing their asses off somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

For ages, I didn't even notice what the ad was for. I thought it was something to do with the 'Donal' ad...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

That pedi spin ad. God that ad is awful! never seen so much skin hanging off ever just terrible ad. me wan must be part snake :)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭El Diablo Blanco

There's an ad for Newbridge Silverware doing the rounds at the moment- at least in cinemas- where this insipid halfwit prattles on about spending time with her friends, while setting the table with obscenely expensive cutlery.

Considering the financial situations of a lot of people in this country at the moment, whoever thought marketing of this nature would appeal to anyone but WAGs should be shot. Bafflingly out of touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,568 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The West Coast Cooler ad with the 3 airheads jumping around the place and singing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Any ads about insurance generally annoy me. I hate insurance with a passion and most ads are misleading as the reality in dealing with insurance companies is much different to their promises!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

What the hell is this is even about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

All of these were combined into one ad which appeared on every bloody break on BT Sport last night.

Do Maplin think we're all stereotypical idiots? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

That Billion euro App ejjit getting his photo taken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Elite singles.com

Fcuk right off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

iDave wrote: »
    What the hell is this is even about?

Would you believe I came to this thread today to ask that very question.

As its a Chanel ad, it feels similar to the Chanel ad with Nicole Kidman, only with this they cut so much of it out there is no story and only some seemingly random scenes.

Answers on a post card...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,701 ✭✭✭brian_t

syklops wrote: »
    Would you believe I came to this thread today to ask that very question.

As its a Chanel ad, it feels similar to the Chanel ad with Nicole Kidman, only with this they cut so much of it out there is no story and only some seemingly random scenes.

Answers on a post card...

It's directed by Martin Scorsese, he might know or not.

http://www.hawkblocker.com/2012/04/09/martin-scorsese-bleu-de-chanel-ad-awful/

The SuperValu food ads. As much as the pork belly yolky is lovely, someone should tell these guys that after the horse meat scandal, getting ripped off for everything (esp. when Aldi/Lidl are so much cheaper) and so on, simply being 'Irish' is not the selling point it was 15 years ago. The ads are 30 seconds long, and I've counted on two of them today - between the words "Irish" and "local" or naming a country, one brings it up 6 times and the other 8 times. That's more than once every 5 f***ing seconds for God's sake!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

Has anyone seen the ad for Nigella Lawsons new show "Taste" on Channel 4. It's quite funny how they have her making different faces in slow motion as she looks a little off her t1ts in each shot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

sok2005 wrote: »
    Has anyone seen the ad for Nigella Lawsons new show "Taste" on Channel 4. It's quite funny how they have her making different faces in slow motion as she looks a little off her t1ts in each shot!

Off her t1ts or in the throes of passion. For me its the latter when I watch her on TV.

Maybe says more about me, I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The 9.99 train to Galway ad where she gets more and more hoarse, it goes on forever, she says it ten times more than necessary and it is actually painful to watch, maybe the worst ad of the year sneaking in right at the end.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Whoever dreamed up those I ham ads for Brady Ham should be just taken out and shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,154 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Anyone who still runs their Christmas ads after the 25th, Lidl in particular.

flazio wrote: »
    Anyone who still runs their Christmas ads after the 25th, Lidl in particular.
    But I really like the Brussels sprouts guy (as someone who hates Brussels sprouts)! He's got to be the single least annoying person in a Christmas ad in years!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

The coke ads that are currently running with those tone deaf children singing You've Got the Love drive me up the wall. They haven't a note in their heads!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Chill insurance great quotes. They all seem to be armature dramatics actors. Top 5 most annoying:-

5. To infinity and beyond
    4. You feeling lucky punk
    3. Follow the yellow brick road
    2. You talking to me
    1. You were only supposed to blow the doors off

And the voice over artist

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Elmo wrote: »
    Chill insurance great quotes. They all seem to be armature dramatics actors. Top 5 most annoying:-

5. To infinity and beyond
    4. You feeling lucky punk
    3. Follow the yellow brick road
    2. You talking to me
    1. You were only supposed to blow the doors off

And the voice over artist

The Yellow Brick Road one is by far the most axe-in-the-head like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭uggybear

The nononsense.ie advert where the curly haired guy says: "listen, MATT", just the way he says that makes him sound arrogant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

Thargor wrote: »
    The 9.99 train to Galway ad where she gets more and more hoarse, it goes on forever, she says it ten times more than necessary and it is actually painful to watch, maybe the worst ad of the year sneaking in right at the end.

And the funny thing is all the Irish Rail announcements are automated now so you rarely hear a "live" person speaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

uggybear wrote: »
    The nononsense.ie advert where the curly haired guy says: "listen, MATT", just the way he says that makes him sound arrogant

I thought that was the point?

• Advertisement

PrepayPower.ie finally changed that f***ing ad! :D

The new one is equally crap but not nearly as hyper dramatic and rage-inducing. There's a new jingle bit at the end though, which is even tackier sounding than the last one!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement