Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭madser

I hate the new spec savers ad with the little kid who blames the 'specklies' for breaking his glasses:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

adamstown1 wrote: »
    Ive really got into the habit of not buying products that have ****e ads.
    I find myself picking up an item and my brain recalls the ad,if i dont like i dont buy.

I also do this. I dont buy lacoste since there xmas ad with nudey man (shudder) or any ad which subscribes to 'men are all stupid' ads e.g oatabix. Likewise if the product was subscribing to women are all stupid I wouldnt buy their stuff either.

I never really minded the suzuki "amazing offer from SAAzuki" but ye lot here have driven me to demension when it comes on now. "have I changed?" -what a pr88k

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

I despise all adverts that break up a good movie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

The vodaphone ad with that sterotypical jolly black man.Also that terrible one with the gay genie.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Ryaller

The washing powder one with the freaky fabric puppets.
    It's the "Here com' de lilt mon" voiceover that does it for me.
    "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaal dea". F*ck off. The song's sh1t too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,167 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

dodgyme wrote: »
    I also do this. I dont buy lacoste since there xmas ad with nudey man (shudder) or any ad which subscribes to 'men are all stupid' ads e.g oatabix. Likewise if the product was subscribing to women are all stupid I wouldnt buy their stuff either.

I never really minded the suzuki "amazing offer from SAAzuki" but ye lot here have driven me to demension when it comes on now. "have I changed?" -what a pr88k

You will be buying less stuff as nearly every ad these days has a naked man or implies they are stupid

You will be buying less stuff as nearly every ad these days has a naked man or implies they are stupid

there is one ad where the woman is getting a mud thingy in a place for those sorta things and then you see her talking after it to another hussey and the guy walks by with a handprint on his behind and the two girlies go off laughing. How advertisers love those double standards. I know s&x sells but by chr%st is gettting a bit boring now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

vie! is very very extraordinary.... jesus that ad drives me mad. the 'take that, pricey broadband' one that's on billboards around town drives me mental as well :mad: quite like the meteor genie tho! :pac:

what about the crisps ad where the guy knows one of the ballerina stances for a pub quiz machine. And the caption MAN crisps?????????????????

Since when did it become smart to be stupid?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,167 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

dodgyme wrote: »
    there is one ad where the woman is getting a mud thingy in a place for those sorta things and then you see her talking after it to another hussey and the guy walks by with a handprint on his behind and the two girlies go off laughing. How advertisers love those double standards. I know s&x sells but by chr%st is gettting a bit boring now.

Or the same company with the advert with the girl stealing the mans robe from a steam room so he has to go past them trying to cover up with a magazine or something like that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭madser

The cleaner Close Daz ads drive me mad:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

darkdubh wrote: »
    The vodaphone ad with that sterotypical jolly black man.Also that terrible one with the gay genie.

The Meteor Ad? The genie kinda scares me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

The meteor genie looks like a guy who sits in a smelly bedsit with the curtains closed all day, on his computer, dividing his time between dating sites and in chat rooms masquerading as a 15 year old hunk.

And wtf is that Vim ad about? Is it a rip the pi$$ ad? Did anyone notice the caption on the bottom of the screen while the bint is running her fingers along the hob - "Repeated action may be required"

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Is the Genie out of the Meteor Ad the guy out of Forty Coats? The witch's sidekick? He looks familiar ..:confused:

And the ads always on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

That Roaming Vodafone ad confirms that i will never buy a Vodafone product again.
    Seriously, every medium i listen/look, that black dude is singing at me.
    Thanks also Voda for ruining a classic Bob Marley song.

Seems hard to find a mobile operator who doesn't have annoying ads! Meteor's genie one is just as bad if not worse and O2's "we are one, we are O2" was crap as well.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ah lads go away - The o2 ad was odd, and unique but it was a HELL OF A LOT better then that AWFUL genie add. Amature advertising. Its HORRENDOUS!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Yup the genie one is dreadful. What sort of creative ad agency do we have in this country that they come up with sh1t like this? And meteor's ads had been on the up since their early days. And I almost feel sorry for the poor tool that doubtless spent hours suspended on wires while making that pile of mush. Almost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

lol, Meteor...at this stage I'd consider having the blonde and the brunette back...that's how much this genie sucks. Schwaa indeed. Die in a fire tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The Confused car insurance ads are terrible everyone in that ad looks... eh well ... a few cans short of a sixpack!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

The fruice ads drive me insane-"Bertie me bra" oh hilarious I wish Bertie would gore her with his horns and the ad would be somewhat amusing. Same with the gimps in the tent why oh why cant lightning hit them? :mad:
    Its especially bad when the old fruice ads were funny and original obviously they cut the PR budget :rolleyes:

However the virgin mobile ads on C4 are brilliant-"Tom loves his new touchscreen because of his irrational fear of buttons"
    "Carol uses hers to call her ex-on the hour every hour"
    Priceless :D Its just a shame they are only on during big brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

The one with the two girls giving their (widowed / divorced / mum ran away with her lesbian lover and left us alone with you dad) father with some grecian 2000 so he could go out and bag himself a MILF.

Actually, wait...that's a brilliant ad....where do I get some :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

The people that make the Fruice ads should be shot. The "ah Bertie me bra" is COMPLETELY based around the Ma's chest. The other one, with the 2 lads out camping and the tent blow away and they leggit to the nearest pub and drink.... Fruice, cause you would wouldnt you, drink Fruice in a boozer !

Of course the older one when theyre all supposedly naked.... Gut wretching

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭geminilady

you know that ad when there on the bus 'what add is this for?" i think its the financial regulator ad or something that kinda annoys me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

geminilady wrote: »
    you know that ad when there on the bus 'what add is this for?" i think its the financial regulator ad or something that kinda annoys me
    That is a great ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Vodafone are trying to be hip and down with it. They are simply trying do dispell their perceived image as an old persons and business users only network. That ad is terrible.

The meteor one is even worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Yeah I love the radio version!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

That Oreo ad is just sickening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

May I present the AK-47 of ads. It seems to not even know who it's aimed at or what in particular it's trying to sell, so it just shoots off wildly in all directions hoping to hit something/anything.

You know this country is going to hell in a handcart when we actually have to be encouraged to go to the pub!

The 3rd ad is particularily cringe-worthy. A 40 year-old man singing about "scoring" just isn't clever on any level.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement