Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

It's been said before - all the KFC adverts. But the new one, with the dad and the clown lamp, where he pulls the string.

The mother says "Naw. This is a bargain, a bucket o' chicken, and fries, for under 11 quid?" in her best cockney..

Jesus. That ad is just miserable. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Was remind recently of this

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

The Allianz advert really is horrible. The scream of that Asian woman - mother of god that hurts my ears. And the worst thing about it? The voice over. What he's saying is actually so pointless. What's the one word people think of Allianz insurance? Cue people screaming and then he says: "Allianz, the one word people think of our insurance". Well obviously Allianz insurance is called Allianz. Even the way he says "of" pisses me off. He says it like it's spelt uff rather than of.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bodhi085

Park 14 ads.. Ok mum you got your hubby fat, your daughter, you couldn't be bothered so you got her gift vouchers and the son fobbed off with crap toys while you sat on your arse and "didn't get stressed"
    The ad gets shown twice in every slot between programs lately.

matthew8 wrote: »
    The Allianz advert really is horrible. The scream of that Asian woman - mother of god that hurts my ears. And the worst thing about it? The voice over. What he's saying is actually so pointless. What's the one word people think of Allianz insurance? Cue people screaming and then he says: "Allianz, the one word people think of our insurance". Well obviously Allianz insurance is called Allianz. Even the way he says "of" pisses me off. He says it like it's spelt uff rather than of.
    Doesn't "Aviva" have a nice ring to it? AA, AAA, AAAAAAAAAAAAAVIVA?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Allyall wrote: »
    It's been said before - all the KFC adverts. But the new one, with the dad and the clown lamp, where he pulls the string.

The mother says "Naw. This is a bargain, a bucket o' chicken, and fries, for under 11 quid?" in her best cockney..

Jesus. That ad is just miserable. :(

The one with the flat screen TV is worse imo, especially with the guy saying he has anxiety... Just falls flat, horrible humour...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

Any ad with "technology" in it, when it's not really technology just bull**** to try get you to buy the product.

Vanish have their lift and clean technology, no it's just ****ing cleaning which has been around years

Mens moisturiser with their facial protection technology

Womens makeup with their age defying technology/ gravity defying technology

Assholes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

hucklebuck wrote: »

Mens moisturiser with their facial protection technology

This.

We "re-vitalise your skin"

ie: it feels tingly.....

.... ie: your skin is being burnt by the caustic Benzoate we added to this product.

Don't worry though.
    Lt George / Dr. house thinks its great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭George White

Doesn't "Aviva" have a nice ring to it? AA, AAA, AAAAAAAAAAAAAVIVA?
    where is that ad even filmed, the Allianz one? Supposed to be Ireland, looks exotic, like SOUTH AFRICA, A LOT OF ADS DO SEEM TO BE FILMED FOREIGN FOR TAX BREAKS.

Tesco mobile

Another ad on the virtue of motherhood!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Sky Broadband ad with the guy bringing us on a tour of his house. What an annoying dickhead.

Also I wouldn't be opposed to all of the dancing (badly) tossers in the betfred ads getting caught in a massive fireball

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭mark_79

Can't stand that new BT Infinity ad featuring that ugly fat ginger nerd and his hot blonde girlfriend. As if she'd even p**s on him if he was burning! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,154 ✭✭✭✭flazio

where is that ad even filmed, the Allianz one? Supposed to be Ireland, looks exotic, like SOUTH AFRICA, A LOT OF ADS DO SEEM TO BE FILMED FOREIGN FOR TAX BREAKS.

More that it can be used in multiple countries, you can have the same accident victims and then you substitute the operator for a Spanish, French, German etc operator as appropriate.
    I still think that some insurance company with the letters "Sh" or "Fu" would have much better success if this principle were true.

Still though, miles better then the 'My Advice....' series of ads.

flazio wrote: »
    Still though, miles better then the 'My Advice....' series of ads.

My Advice.... Learn how to ****ing drive you moron.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭mark_79

McChubbin wrote: »
    Emmmaaaa....
    Oh, god. Patronizing **** with an Ipad. :mad:

He sounds like a creepy sex pest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Elmo wrote: »
    Tesco mobile

Another ad on the virtue of motherhood!

On that ad what does the woman sing near the end? She's asking the mother to do something but just fluffs it. Anyone any ideas?

I dont care very much just mildly curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,882 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

mark_79 wrote: »
    He sounds like a creepy sex pest.

That ad has to be the most mentioned in this thread. Worst ad of 2013? I wouldn't mind only he supposed to be annoying, but yeah he's just very punchable. Wouldn't mind only I have great time for Emma herself...fine woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Just seen an ad with some lady in orgasmic bliss washing her hair she then walks out with perfect hair into the aisle of a plane. Who the **** washes their hair in airplane jacks?

neris wrote: »
    Just seen an ad with some lady in orgasmic bliss washing her hair she then walks out with perfect hair into the aisle of a plane. Who the **** washes their hair in airplane jacks?

An air hostess with a shampoo fetish?

neris wrote: »

Is this 1996?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I'm just wondering how someone can bring enough shampoo onboard to be able to wash their hair on an aeroplane. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Elmo wrote: »

Not far off actually just more modern

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Hotels4u ... Cupcake. Wtf? It's like something from 2000. So annoying I will never ever use the site ... Cupcake.

Just seen an ad for Bulmers cider over ice, squeezing the best out of the british summer.

Its flipping January!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Am hoping that ad is gone away...

It is a horrible ad and haven't seen it for a while now thank god!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,568 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

That SMA ad where the mammy smells the kids arse only to find out he needs changing and the other kid with his face covered in food, if she stuck his head in it I doubt it would be as bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Dr Robotnik

I think I'm going to need...................SOME MORE TIES.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,154 ✭✭✭✭flazio

syklops wrote: »
    Just seen an ad for Bulmers cider over ice, squeezing the best out of the british summer.

Its flipping January!
    Is that the English imitation Bulmers? Cos I'm sure our Bulmers/Magners guys wouldn't be so thick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

flazio wrote: »
    Is that the English imitation Bulmers? Cos I'm sure our Bulmers/Magners guys wouldn't be so thick.
    They did subject us to that horrible series of ads featuring those "loveable" village idiots.Thankfully they seem to have ended as I haven't seen them in a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bodhi085

Any femine hygiene ads. Just seen the one for vagisil. Imagine if there was an ad for mens hygiene for sweaty bollox.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement