Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

The 9.99 train ad. There cannot be a train to Dublin (at any price) from platform 6. I'm pretty sure the only stations in Ireland with a platform 6 are Dublin Connolly and Dublin Heuston.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,045 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

the ACCA ad..."making the world essentially my oyster"....f** off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

That SMA ad where the mammy smells the kids arse only to find out he needs changing and the other kid with his face covered in food, if she stuck his head in it I doubt it would be as bad.

What I hate about that ad is the song-I know tis an old song coz me Ma told me,but the way she sings it she sounds like she is trying to sound funny,but really sounds ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

Watching the Aussie Open Tennis and so bloody sick of seeing those stupid ads with Lionel Messi and Kobey Bryant on Eurosport

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Seasan wrote: »
    What I hate about that ad is the song-I know tis an old song coz me Ma told me,but the way she sings it she sounds like she is trying to sound funny,but really sounds ridiculous.

I don't get the humour thing, is she trying to be funny?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I don't think so that is the style of her singing

AIG all blacks ad. Are they a couple or flat mates? Are they trying to be funny? What's the point of the ad?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,882 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Who? That's a really old pop song, least if it's the one I'm thinking of.

And if it is, that ad is the worst example of the "Mums are great for being Mums" trash on TV right now. "Take it from us: you're doing great". "Oh, really, faceless corporation: I'm doing great because you said so? Well that feels wonderful. Me, personally? For all you know I'm starving my kid in a shed. But no, I'll take it from you. And if I am doing great...why would I need the validation of a formula company?", said Mum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭George White

And if it is, that ad is the worst example of the "Mums are great for being Mums" trash on TV right now. "Take it from us: you're doing great". "Oh, really, faceless corporation: I'm doing great because you said so? Well that feels wonderful. Me, personally? For all you know I'm starving my kid in a shed. But no, I'll take it from you. And if I am doing great...why would I need the validation of a formula company?", said Mum.
    The song sounds really different, as if they mixed it up, and stripped the strings, making it sound terrible.

The song sounds really different, as if they mixed it up, and stripped the strings, making it sound terrible.

Well, whatever, the ad is awful. Sniffing ****ty arses and getting piss in your face are occupational hazards for those who choose to have kids. Those of us who choose otherwise, don't want to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Well, whatever, the ad is awful. Sniffing ****ty arses and getting piss in your face are occupational hazards for those who choose to have kids. Those of us who choose otherwise, don't want to see it.

For those of use that don't have children its like that smoking ad!

"I wish I was an actress. I wouldn't be sitting here with 4 children. I told him to get the snip, would he listen? No! instead I have to do all this **** and he does nothing, the bastard."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Great song though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Great song though

Who is it? I can never whip the phone out quick enough to Shazam it when it's on... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

The ad for cgb that's running at the moment, it's just terrible

fricatus wrote: »
    Who is it? I can never whip the phone out quick enough to Shazam it when it's on... :rolleyes:

Someone posted it earlier on this page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

fricatus wrote: »

Nancy Wilson, I like it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

The Hive song is really getting on my nerves, especially the really long version

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

The folks at PhoneWatch have just distanced themselves further from Eircom by introducing a new logo - but they're not distancing themselves at all from those burglars.

Do they not think that that ad might be starting to show its age?!?

John McGuire and his Quote Devil colleagues don't feel that they need to make a new ad, either - which, knowing McGuire, is only marginally more surprising than the Pope being Catholic... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

On the other side of the water, meanwhile, the real Andrex puppy has made a welcome return. Unfortunately, it's not a triumphant one - he isn't even in the lead role... :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bodhi085

The three advert where the animals are photo bombing.
    The guy talking over the advert thinks he is a comedian and it's really distracting while he is talking that he keeps interrupting what he is saying every time an animal photo bombs.
    Can we have a thread regarding tv announcers thinking they are comedians or telling us what's going to happen in the program coming up next or giving out personnel opinions on the said program. Rant rant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

AIG. The feckin eejit who is so excited about AIGs new ad. In his dressing gown. Why is he so excited about car insurance, he doesnt look like he has a car, sat at home in his dressing room in the middle of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

That ad for the adult literacy course. Working class Dad in his working class living room, how f**king patronising. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭marketty

the ACCA ad..."making the world essentially my oyster"....f** off

Getting bombarded with these lately, is there some chronic shortage of accountants or something?

The Park TV adverts.

Child: "I got amazing toys! Toys such as LAGO the south korean clone of Lego. Its almost as good as real Lego! I also got a Pee-S-Pee handheld games console, which is a south korean clone of the popular handgames console. My favourite game is Fukushima Football"

Dad:"I got lots of treats!. Not great but better than last year when all I got was a packet of smokes and a visa bill".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭George White

The folks at PhoneWatch have just distanced themselves further from Eircom by introducing a new logo - but they're not distancing themselves at all from those burglars.

Do they not think that that ad might be starting to show its age?!?

John McGuire and his Quote Devil colleagues don't feel that they need to make a new ad, either - which, knowing McGuire, is only marginally more surprising than the Pope being Catholic... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh John maguire, I bet he's angry when RTE did a show a year ago about people who moved back in with their parents. Probably wonders why didin't RTE revive I'm AN Adult, Get Me Out Of Here. He sounds dead cocky, when he says "you also get whatchamacallit cover, but you won't get that for 250". Yeh, because you want to steal our money....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Oh John maguire, I bet he's angry when RTE did a show a year ago about people who moved back in with their parents. Probably wonders why didin't RTE revive I'm AN Adult, Get Me Out Of Here. He sounds dead cocky, when he says "you also get whatchamacallit cover, but you won't get that for 250". Yeh, because you want to steal our money....
    Apparently someone who worked there pointed out that the ad looked a bit chea and shoddy, respectfully, after he showed it to his staff. That person didn't work there a lot longer.

But the €250 part isn't his fault - as much of a plonker as he comes over as, he doesn't set the prices. That'd be the underwriters, like AXA, Zurich, RSA, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Dr Robotnik

Haha I've just seen a quite excellent advert for Three Mobile where their current everything offer doesn't hahaha include 'cheese', haha or 'the British Empire' or hahahaha 'alarm clocks'.

It's brilliant they way they've done that, to try and show how 'random' they are.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

All those new fluffy MOL & Ryanair in all the breaks of Brain Hacker.

KoolKid wrote: »
    All those new fluffy MOL & Ryanair in all the breaks of Brain Hacker.

Yeah not liking the bombarding in certain TV spots. Irish people are not the only customers after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

****ing ****ing ****ing Optilase. Spammed the shíte out of You Tube and now I see it on Sky. Aarrgghhhh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

That Coors Light ad when the bloke goes into the log cabin and it's full of hipsters copying his moves as he tries to get a pint. The song, the actors, everything about it annoys me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

That Coors Light ad when the bloke goes into the log cabin and it's full of hipsters copying his moves as he tries to get a pint. The song, the actors, everything about it annoys me.

That ad makes me smile every time! It's so silly, but I love it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement