Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adverts you despise

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

That Burger King one where they've changed the voices to protect identities of customers for fear people will think they're tight, but you can still see their faces so it's pretty useless, also one is a small girl its not like she'd have much money or anyone accusing her of being tight.

That f*cking Ultimate Wingman gimp is back again :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

s.welstead wrote: »
    Saw this horribly long and strange ad the other day and instantly thought of this thread. Luckily I'd say it's only playing on UK versions of channels, enjoy! https://youtu.be/53twFqvOJ5Q

What the feck had all that to do with sausages? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

Bora kitchen extractors and Israel... Eurosport really need to get some new advertisers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,691 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

the mcdonells curry advert is creeping up my list.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

I am getting really irritated by any of these ads including female GAA players! Whether it's sanitary pads or LIDL or whatever I just can't stand all this "I'm so strong.... I'm a female warrior GAA player " stuff. End of the world drama music in the background....... Jesus how did we women survive in the world before these ads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Virgin Broadband's "babysitting-millenial-is-buffoon" campaign is irksome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

silverharp wrote: »
    the mcdonells curry advert is creeping up my list.

It did my head in for a long time until I copped they were taking the piss out of Skehan. I find him more irritating than any ad so it gets a slight reprieve for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,691 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

hardCopy wrote: »
    It did my head in for a long time until I copped they were taking the piss out of Skehan. I find him more irritating than any ad so it gets a slight reprieve for that.

okay then I'll stand down for now :pac: I youtubed the other guy and I can see its inspired at least. As parodies go its mild, lots of things are difficult to parody these days though

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,967 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I am getting really irritated by any of these ads including female GAA players! Whether it's sanitary pads or LIDL or whatever I just can't stand all this "I'm so strong.... I'm a female warrior GAA player " stuff. End of the world drama music in the background....... Jesus how did we women survive in the world before these ads?
    That one with the American goalkeeper is so weird, such an off-putting ad, hate the music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭screamer

The corsodyl ad where your womans teeth fall out just yuck.
    Also detest the DID dishwasher ad I cringe when I see it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

silverharp wrote: »
    okay then I'll stand down for now :pac: I youtubed the other guy and I can see its inspired at least. As parodies go its mild, lots of things are difficult to parody these days though

Just like the Curry :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Just like the Curry :pac:

Oh, that (mild) burn!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Medi facts for panadol, set in a panadol shop.

Who are they kidding?

Vanish Gold "tips"
    Using as directed is not a tip!

Vanish Gold "tips"

Not to mention the most recent one, I don't want to see poo stains on TV, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Vanish Gold "tips"

Here's a tip for them: don't put in a dumb backing track of a cookie-cutter guitar riff with a woman randomly blurting out "conversation~!" like an anime voice actor with a poor grasp on the English language.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,908 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

colm_mcm wrote: »

What was the ad? It's been deleted now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Suas11 wrote: »
    What was the ad? It's been deleted now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPO-TpwgtO0

The new Ryanair ad is an absolute shocker. The youngster flying his toy plane, probably set his parents back 20 euro on board. :D

This would be a more accurate ad for them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

The new Ryanair ad is an absolute shocker.

This would be a more accurate ad for them

That video doesn't work or link for me. But yep, that Ryanair ad :(. The girl sticking her tongue out.. :confused:?

Allyall wrote: »
    That video doesn't work or link for me. But yep, that Ryanair ad :(. The girl sticking her tongue out.. :confused:?

Should be sorted now. Foil Arms and Hogs take on Ryanair. They are brilliant. 'Arms' is actually in the Mcdonnells curry ads which were mentioned previously

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

Any ad containing the phrase "the ____ you love".

I first heard it a few years ago in a Sky television ad, "the movies you love" I think it was, and found it instantly grating.
    It's been used many times since - "the food you love", "the shows you love", "the brands you love", etc.

Presumably the idea is to aid potential consumers justifying to themselves spending their money on whatever product or service is being advertised. After all, spending a few quid on something you actually "love" seems quite reasonable :rolleyes:

Whatever the reason behind it, it gets on my bloody nerves.

Radio ad: " I'm mad about Mao" (restaurant that's now doing take away).

Wrecks my head ...stupid guy saying it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Radio ad: " I'm mad about Mao" (restaurant that's now doing take away).

Wrecks my head ...stupid guy saying it!

That is such a crappy name for a restaurant. You might as well have a "Tojo's Sushi".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

That is such a crappy name for a restaurant. You might as well have a "Tojo's Sushi".

A sausage stand called "Hitler was the wurst"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Re: Mao..he makes it sound as if he's addicted to some kind of drug. "I'm mad for Mao".
    "Jesus I used to be addicted to Mao but I'm five years clean now".
    "She must be on Mao, she's as high as a kite".
    Stupid name for a restaurant.

They brought back Go compare and somehow managed to make it even more annoying.. :mad:

The F***ing cockney cab driver

"Aaooowww"
    "Fantasticck"
    "Aaooooowww yess"
    "Fantasticck"

While the twat in the back is still singing.. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭appledrop

That new Ribena ad. The music goes through my brain!!!!!!!!!!Even played it at the cinema last night + my husband was laughing saying 'There's your ad'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

Vodafone and their 4G Bull.

Clearly devised by someone who knows damn all about farm safety.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭squonk

What happened Mary and the Pig? I'd rather see Beardyman & Mary in the field being saved by the pig. For anyone who's actually been chased by a bull there isn't a lot of time to go arsing around with a phone. I'm sorry the ad isn't more true to life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Hippo

Don't think it's been mentioned yet, and apologies if it has, but the Irish Life ad that has that awful fool singing "I was scared of dentists and the dark" - that song really really grinds my gears. And it's on the radio ads constantly as well grrrrrrr

squonk wrote: »
    What happened Mary and the Pig?

I wouldn't be surprised if this thread sank it.

I'm sure they read this out in the Leopardstown HQ.... advertising people have a lot of time to kill between coffee & cocaine breaks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

They should have called it Mickey Mao's .

squonk wrote: »
    What happened Mary and the Pig? I'd rather see Beardyman & Mary in the field being saved by the pig. For anyone who's actually been chased by a bull there isn't a lot of time to go arsing around with a phone. I'm sorry the ad isn't more true to life.

I'm pretty certain beardy man was in the last episode of game of thrones as one of the nights watch.

I'm pretty certain beardy man was in the last episode of game of thrones as one of the nights watch.

I don't know which advert it is, but you are correct. Ray D'arcy (I think) was on the radio in my Mothers when I went to cut the grass, and they were talking about it, interviewed him last week apparently, and got him back tonight.
    Is that the vodafone advert?

Allyall wrote: »
    I don't know which advert it is, but you are correct. Ray D'arcy (I think) was on the radio in my Mothers when I went to cut the grass, and they were talking about it, interviewed him last week apparently, and got him back tonight.
    Is that the vodafone advert?

Yeah the fella with Sue the pig.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

That zooby do zooby do zooby do ad really gets on my tits . You hear it once and it haunts you all ****ing day .

Radio5 wrote: »
    Vodafone and their 4G Bull.

Clearly devised by someone who knows damn all about farm safety.
    Detestable ad, the stupid look on his face at the end where he's trying to look impressed but the actor is completely talentless, drives me mental how long the camera lingers on his face there. I really despise Vodafone ads, they'll never get a cent from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,945 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Seen this one in the last few days.. more destroying of my childhood: :(

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Seen this one in the last few days.. more destroying of my childhood: :(

And it features Tiffany Chapman who played Rachel Jordache in Brookside.
    Even more reason to hate it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bud1970

Probably mentioned already, but Barry scott and Cillit Bang........ Christ!!!! no more, please...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

bud1970 wrote: »
    Probably mentioned already, but Barry scott and Cillit Bang........ Christ!!!! no more, please...

Bang! And the dirt is still there...

:o:o:o:o:o:o;););)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

appledrop wrote: »
    That new Ribena ad. The music goes through my brain!!!!!!!!!!Even played it at the cinema last night + my husband was laughing saying 'There's your ad'

THIS!! This by one million!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Graigmanliam

Not sure what the ad is for but the child has a tail nad the song goes a little something like this
    hebbahebbahadahebbahabbahhebbadowahhebodoahebahahebbadowah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭smilerf

The aib one I've seen on the net.
    The girl narrating voice is just irritating nasaly and weird

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Chicagotown pizza.. Volume twice that of the other ads!

Its like some team of the apprentice made it.. "The ultimate pizza hit" FFS!

The infuriating nonsensical ad for Beagle Street.
    I don't understand why the dog wants to man to throw all his trousers away.
    What a random concept.

I also hate the Ribena ad; it's stupid and I imagine it's how stoned people see the world.

The ad for 118118 loans, especially the one featuring the couple and the red-haired one says "It's very stressful applying for a loan".
    She says it like a little girl in this squeaky voice that grinds my gears.

Theres a fish finger ad with a boy running around with a tail with a Godawful song screeching away in the background and Ive never seen an ad more perfectly designed to make you lose your appetite...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

Thargor wrote: »
    Theres a fish finger ad with a boy running around with a tail with a Godawful song screeching away in the background and Ive never seen an ad more perfectly designed to make you lose your appetite...

Captain birds eyes back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bud1970

Is there a thread for Awesome adverts?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement