Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

The one where she's in a bus, and the music is moon river, and he pulls up beside the bus in a car, they look at each other strangely, then she gets off the fcuking bus, steals the bus drivers hat, puts it on the car drivers head(who looks bemused)jumps in the back off his car, he looks in his rear view mirror at her sitting in the back, thinking to himself 'WTF I was just looking at you cause your grand'..... anyway you know the one, I really and truly can't remember what the add is for... But I despise it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

ardle1 wrote: »
    The one where she's in a bus, and the music is moon river, and he pulls up beside the bus in a car, they look at each other strangely, then she gets off the fcuking bus, steals the bus drivers hat, puts it on the car drivers head(who looks bemused)jumps in the back off his car, he looks in his rear view mirror at her sitting in the back, thinking to himself 'WTF I was just looking at you cause your grand'..... anyway you know the one, I really and truly can't remember what the add is for... But I despise it anyway.

That is Audrey Hepburn.. I had the same opinion, until I learned that, then I partially changed my mind. (It's also her singing Moon River apparently).

I wouldn't have recognised her anyway ,but the only picture I ever remember seeing of her, is this one or this one - In which she looks completely different to me.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2283876/Audreys--chocoholic-Hepburn-returns-big-screens-new-Galaxy-advert.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

Allyall wrote: »
    That is Audrey Hepburn.. I had the same opinion, until I learned that, then I partially changed my mind. (It's also her singing Moon River apparently).

I wouldn't have recognised her anyway ,but the only picture I ever remember seeing of her, is this one or this one - In which she looks completely different to me.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2283876/Audreys--chocoholic-Hepburn-returns-big-screens-new-Galaxy-advert.html

Ahhhhhh, ok then, I do apologise.... I really feel different about it now:o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Ahhhhhh, ok then, I do apologise.... I really feel different about it now:o

Me too, when I found out. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭AlanMcC23

I cant remember what its for but the add with the kid teaching the adults really pisses me off

"Savings you didnt know you could make"

"Its so simple even an adult could get it"

Stupid annoying add :(

Allianz one is just goin too far cant believe they thought that was good before they released it!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

But its not Audrey Hepburn though.

Its a model/actress made to look like Audrey Hepburn.

Hate the ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

I find that ad really freaky. Hepburn was drop-dead gorgeous (watch her in Breakfast at Tiffany's), but there's something NQR about her in that ad. I think we should just enjoy her as she was, and not be trying to CGI her back into existence.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,045 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Clonmel healthceorgghhhhhh.....with irish actress putting on an irish accent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

fricatus wrote: »
    I find that ad really freaky. Hepburn was drop-dead gorgeous (watch her in Breakfast at Tiffany's), but there's something NQR about her in that ad. I think we should just enjoy her as she was, and not be trying to CGI her back into existence.

I also hate them using her to hawk chocolate. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭George White

fricatus wrote: »
    Yes, it's the Uncanny Valley effect, no matter how much you try to create something human, it will always look inhuman...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Sesudra

The new ad for Ford Fiesta that's really badly dubbed - the gimpy looking fella insults his girlfriend who's driving the car, then texts her and has the car read it out, and she dissolves into giggles. But whatever actress they got to dub her voice can't laugh like a convincing human and sounds like someone reading out the words "TEE HEE HEE HEE"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Radio ads for any products/financial services with a conversation between Father and son / mother and daughter where one party moves from utter ignorance about the thing to fully agreeing in affirmitive to use product service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

AlanMcC23 wrote: »
    I cant remember what its for but the add with the kid teaching the adults really pisses me off

"Savings you didnt know you could make"

"Its so simple even an adult could get it"

Stupid annoying add :(

Allianz one is just goin too far cant believe they thought that was good before they released it!!

That ad has come up here before and I've shared this anecdote. My father is completely unfazed by annoying ads. He can put up with Donal! and Emma! And he can take "Im just a dog walkin douchebag" in his stride. But everytime that smug little kid comes on the TV he mutes him or changes channel or if he can't get to the remote in time, just refers to him as a 'pain in the butt', a phrase I have never heard him use about any other topic, ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

gugleguy wrote: »
    Radio ads for any products/financial services with a conversation between Father and son / mother and daughter where one party moves from utter ignorance about the thing to fully agreeing in affirmitive to use product service.

That godawful ad for double glazing, the daughter asking the father 'do you remember who did your windows' like the ould fella is gaga. Cheap horrible ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

Audrey, after stealing the bus driver's hat - the poor man probably had his wages docked to cover it,
    stupidly hops into strange man's car and lets him drive her away to God knows where!

Later: "Extra! Extra! Riviera Ripper strikes again...":D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Just seen the Andrex Washlets ads, WTF:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭jmcc

Is The Sun using a Deefer kid's voice to promote something?

Regards...jmcc

As regards our previous mention of 'mums', was in the cinema last night and the P&G 'Mums' Effect' came on... and it was all about the Winter Olympics...

Given what's going on Russia and Sochi, it's even more sickening than usual!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Im not joking, is there someone you can petition to get an ad removed from television. The Emma ad just annoys me so much I mute it everytime it comes on.

"Anything for yao cupcake...."

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

syklops wrote: »
    Im not joking, is there someone you can petition to get an ad removed from television. The Emma ad just annoys me so much I mute it everytime it comes on.

That's a recognised marketing tool I'm pretty sure, makes you painfully aware of the brand!
    Although... they've failed from the point of view that I know the ad is for jacks roll but no idea which brand :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,568 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The Positive Options ad where the smiling face appears from a mirror.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Awake&Unafraid

That car buyers guide ad is so terrible with abysmal actors. The last part with them leering at the laptop is just frightening.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

That car buyers guide ad is so terrible with abysmal actors. The last part with them leering at the laptop is just frightening.

I cringe every time she says 'CBG dots ie' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

And €40,000 for a second hand Kia Cee'd :rolleyes:

The Positive Options ad where the smiling face appears from a mirror.

In one of the bathrooms of my old college someone wrote 'yes it is' under the 'an unplanned pregnancy isn't the end of the world' slogan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭denlaw

That travago Venice ad
    I want a 5* hotel in the middle of Venice for next on nowt
    she's back of the ditch ugly as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

Who the hell is doing the voice over for the new Dairygold ad??

Whoever it is,I wish he'd open his gob fully and unclench his teeth while he's talking!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

It actually blows my mind how bad this ad is. Did they just pull two random people in off the street or something? I can't believe that anyone watched that and thought "Yep, this is a brilliant ad. We're going to get loads of customers!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭uggybear

Those Calgon ads with the actors voices are either dubbed over or they out of synch they're annoying me! They should know by now that not fooling anyone the fact that the actors voices are either dubbed over or that they're out of synch. The very same with the woolite ads a few years back, why do they even do that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement