Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

God I hate that Sky broadband ad with Bruce Willis and that dopey looking bint who fancies him making that stupid face in slow motion at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

God I hate that Sky broadband ad with Bruce Willis and that dopey looking bint who fancies him making that stupid face in slow motion at the end.
    Raging when I saw it back on again, its so bad...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Lidl Bathroom Ad below for the NI Market, Ian Dempsey out of a job up there, but with La La appropriately dub into English because La La in other languages is incomprehensible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

That new Vodafone ad with the 2 gimps at the horse racing, video calling the auld lad.
    "Can you see it Dad?"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The Corsodyl ad with the yuckiest, pukiest tag line I have ever seen. "For people who spit blood when they brush their teeth", yeah, that'll have them flocking in droves to buy that product. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

That absolutely disgusting ad for Nestlé Cereals,with me man doin "Bear Grylls" on it.....don't even wanna go into it tis so sickening

• Registered Users Posts: 13,153 ✭✭✭✭flazio

There's an advert for Expedia that says that 'This bear doesn't know that Yellowstone is on top of an active volcano.'
    Trust me Expedia, if that Volcano is about to blow, that bear will be long gone.

This... is a baaaaaaaaaaaaaabysitter...

I dont get it? Whats the joke? Why is it on every adbreak? I cant even remember what the company is. Also Mcdonalds need to sack their marketing, every ad they make is universally awful, like the one with people finding Euros or eating stuff with a strong flavour, also the exaggerated Dublin and Longford accents in the future. I have to change the channel when they come on.

Worst one of all the current crop though is that pr1ck stuffing his mouth with food and going on about "Different person different quote...", its completely repulsive.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭mmg0305

Birds Eye 'family banter'. AAARRGGHH!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Elmo wrote: »
    I think its an ironic ad??? Don't like your tastebuds, they try a McDonalds, you won't taste a thing.

Why is the Honey person giving a strange face?

Yeah, I just don't get it. I know they are trying to say their food is tasty but it's all too easy to think that their food is bland and inoffensive in comparison.

Messed up messaging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

"Feed their personalities" - :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

That new Vodafone ad with the 2 gimps at the horse racing, video calling the auld lad.
    "Can you see it Dad?"

I was actually talking to the OH about this at the weekend! I think its terrible.This guy and his dad clealry have a tradition of going to the races together and then the guy decides to ditch the old man and leave him sitting at home alone, while he goes with his friend. Then, to make it worse, he calls him to show him what he is missing. How horrible - I would never do that to my Dad!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭mark_79

This ****ing monstrosity of an ad :mad:

It seems to feature on every ad break on every channel EVERY sodding day.

Bunch of ****.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxF3dfetTAY

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I was actually talking to the OH about this at the weekend! I think its terrible.This guy and his dad clealry have a tradition of going to the races together and then the guy decides to ditch the old man and leave him sitting at home alone, while he goes with his friend. Then, to make it worse, he calls him to show him what he is missing. How horrible - I would never do that to my Dad!

Hate this ad so much.

So mawkish.
    Wouldn't expect better from a job-exporting, tax-dodging outfit like Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭TomoBhoy

nullzero wrote: »
    The 3 ad with the smug geeky hipster couple. "sometimes all you need is three little words"... Yeah; go f##k yourself.

It freaks me out cos they look like brother and sister !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

There's an ad for durex and Ferraro rochet which have a similar concept. It makes the Ferraro rochet ad look like it's going to be a swingers party

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

I thought I would mention 2 ads I actually DO quite like:

(1) Juan Sheet, and (2) No nonsense insurance.

These aren't bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

All ads for Sensodyne toothpaste. The voices are lowered dramatically as the dentist reveals this shameful :rolleyes: condition people have...sensitive teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

The FBD Car Insurance ad.

After the bird pecks a crack in her Windscreen she pulls into the driveway of a massive detached million euro house...driving a 01 Mondeo.

Makes no sense, unless she's always crashing into sh*t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

"I love being a student, but mum's roasts always bring me home"

I hope you enjoy your mum's roasts while you sit in blissful ignorance that you and your type represent everything that is wrong in the world today.. you simple, idealized archetype. :P

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

After the bird pecks a crack in her Windscreen she pulls into the driveway of a massive detached million euro house...driving a 01 Mondeo.

She's the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

The new Volkswagen ads. Have they just decided to cut the advertising budget to nothing?

God if one of the teams in the now defunct Apprentice series came up with that ad for a quality car brand, Bill would rightly laugh them out of the Boardroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

"Can you see it Dad?"

Just thinking about this ad. I think that would be illegal, bring a camera to a sporting event that possibly has rights attached to it, Vodafone are basically saying that we should pirate sporting events.

Do they not realise

I over use the IT Crowd in my posts !

• Registered Users Posts: 21,044 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Elmo wrote: »
    Just thinking about this ad. I think that would be illegal, bring a camera to a sporting event that possibly has rights attached to it, Vodafone are basically saying that we should pirate sporting events.

Do they not realise

I over use the IT Crowd in my posts !
    My issue with that ad is the fact our pirate grandad is shouting '"cmon cmon" insinuating the camera phone is mounted on a moving vehical following the horses... Which it clearly isn't

I know it's a thread for ads we despise but there are a few good ones out there too - the Specsavers one where the astronauts land the shuttle in Shannon is priceless! The squeaky trolley always makes me laugh:D. It's old but they've been showing it again a lot lately .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

I see they've now extended that awful Lucozade ad... Please god it will annoy somebody so much that they kidnap that f*cker and waterboard him with the stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

The Visit Wales advert with Cerys Matthews singing her version of a Welsh Lullaby.. I hate it.

It grinds on me every single time it comes on. Apologies to any Welsh People out there, but I cannot stand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

The AXA red line ad with the 2 eejits in the blue car that is rear ended.

How do they know that the driver who crashes into them is uninsured as they don't bother to even get the registration number of the car or any details from any disc on the windscreen before the car is driven off ? They just stand around gibbering like the eejits they are and after a few seconds the car is gone. So apart from the colour maybe they know feck all about the driver of the other car and whether he's insured or not and they make no effort to get any details.

The whole point of the ad is that you won't lose your no claims if hit by an uninsured driver but how do you prove they were uninsured if you have no details about the car, let alone the driver?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,882 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Radio5 wrote: »
    The AXA red line ad with the 2 eejits in the blue car that is rear ended.

How do they know that the driver who crashes into them is uninsured as they don't bother to even get the registration number of the car or any details from any disc on the windscreen before the car is driven off ? They just stand around gibbering like the eejits they are and after a few seconds the car is gone. So apart from the colour maybe they know feck all about the driver of the other car and whether he's insured or not and they make no effort to get any details.

The whole point of the ad is that you won't lose your no claims if hit by an uninsured driver but how do you prove they were uninsured if you have no details about the car, let alone the driver?

That's the least annoying thing about the ad. Of all the annoying stuff, it's the way the gangly one says 'the Axa red line' like a smug ****. He wants a proper thump in the gut.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement