Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

Pigman II wrote: »
    May I present the AK-47 of ads. It seems to not even know who it's aimed at or what in particular it's trying to sell, so it just shoots off wildly in all directions hoping to hit something/anything.

You know this country is going to hell in a handcart when we actually have to be encouraged to go to the pub!

The 3rd ad is particularily cringe-worthy. A 40 year-old man singing about "scoring" just isn't clever on any level.

OMG!!! That's my new all-time most hated ad! Yuck!

I seem to remember that same voice actor saying, "Never EVER drink and drive". What's Joe Public supposed to think?:pac:

But yeah, ads for the pub....geez..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

That Miller (I think thats what its for?) ad with the idiot in the blazer and red t-shirt having a pub miraculously form around him is getting so annoying from repetition that I feel like kicking the television into pieces whenever its on.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

the new meteor adds

<shudders>

God I hate that Wii ad with those pair of idiots.....

And that Howard bollix off Halifax ads should be burned at the stake along with all other Halifax ad participants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭skinner2x

get Sky +, record the program. Start watching 15 mins later.

Brilliant, fast forward all ads.

Never watch live TV anymore. (except for sport TBH)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

skinner2x wrote: »
    get Sky +, record the program. Start watching 15 mins later.

Brilliant, fast forward all ads.

Never watch live TV anymore. (except for sport TBH)

isn't it well for some? :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

The one where yer mans getting into the car with his oul doll and these tossers appear asking him not to get into the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

BolBill wrote: »
    The people that make the Fruice ads should be shot. The "ah Bertie me bra" is COMPLETELY based around the Ma's chest.

True enough, but the size of the bra.......;)

What acent does Bertie the goats owner speak with? Its the bizzarrest one I ever heard on an ad....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Ciaran B

What acent does Bertie the goats owner speak with? Its the bizzarrest one I ever heard on an ad....

The annoying thing is that the Fruice ads used to be pretty good. The whole “It’s a natural thing” campaign was excellent. Idiot woman/goat and idiot men/tent are death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I cant stand the Halifax one with the little asian singin "Woke up this morning feelin fine" etc and that dope on the surf board.....oooh there all so happy I wanna puke!

And that new ad on Sky for the start of the football season, I mean give me a break. THose 4 women playin the weird fiddles, poncin about.
    A - Who the f**k are they? and B - What have they gotta do with football? I suppose theyre meant to entice the laddish culture to subscribe to sky? They shouldve got the Dubliners lashing into Dicey Riley or something like that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

A new low has been reached by the ad for the taxi regulators anti- drink driving ad, with what can only be described as pricks sitting around watching videos of their 'great summer'. God its sickening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I cant stand the Halifax one with the little asian singin "Woke up this morning feelin fine" etc and that dope on the surf board.....oooh there all so happy I wanna puke!

And that new ad on Sky for the start of the football season, I mean give me a break. THose 4 women playin the weird fiddles, poncin about.
    A - Who the f**k are they? and B - What have they gotta do with football? I suppose theyre meant to entice the laddish culture to subscribe to sky? They shouldve got the Dubliners lashing into Dicey Riley or something like that :D
    Are those fiddles real?

Ciaran B wrote: »
    The annoying thing is that the Fruice ads used to be pretty good. The whole “It’s a natural thing” campaign was excellent. Idiot woman/goat and idiot men/tent are death.

I made that point before on this thread they obviously fired the head of advertising-its a bit like Joel Schumacher and the Batman films.

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Are those fiddles real?
    No they're most likely just props. I'll probably be proved wrong and crucified by a fan of these bitches...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'll give them an instrument they can fiddle with. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

zuutroy wrote: »
    A new low has been reached by the ad for the taxi regulators anti- drink driving ad, with what can only be described as pricks sitting around watching videos of their 'great summer'. God its sickening.

How true. They had a "GREAT SUMMER" and didnt drive and drive once or so the ad claims ;)

I dont know if I believe them.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Oh.My.God

Pat the Baker ad.

Die.

Mr E wrote: »
    I'll give them an instrument they can fiddle with. :)

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

The new orangeina ad (with the freaky animals)is just disturbing..

and the Pat the baker ad is cringe-worthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Every single one of those ****ing fruice ad's

"Bertie! Me bra"

Urge to kill rising.

Every single one of those ****ing fruice ad's

"Bertie! Me bra"

Urge to kill rising.

"Is it just me or has the world gone crazy with this whole natural lifestyle?"

The children appear to be wearing Australian school uniforms in that ad for some bizarre reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

that poxy ad with the gay fella floating around in a cloud with a xmas jumper on pretendin to be a genie.. gets on my tits everytime.. i have to flick over!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Rennie

The ad for Mens Hair Dye, targets grey....Man uses product...Man & Woman on date etc... Cut to bedroom window & hear womans voice say "your right on target"
    OMG cringe..

Also AIB ad - woman from Terenure, can't watch this rubbish.. drives me insane

Those ads for the GAA championships, depicting the players as mystic warriors, in an almost Hollywood manner.....and you turn around and theres the same guys and theyre fitting your kitchen :D Not slaggin the GAA, I follow it, just think those ads are gas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

that poxy vodafone ad were the man is signing a rip off of bob marley, "were roaming" :mad::mad::mad:. i hate it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Rennie wrote: »
    The ad for Mens Hair Dye, targets grey....Man uses product...Man & Woman on date etc... Cut to bedroom window & hear womans voice say "your right on target"
    OMG cringe..

Also AIB ad - woman from Terenure, can't watch this rubbish.. drives me insane

Did you see the new ones with the two little girls? "Dad, we think it's time..." ARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

Did you see the new ones with the two little girls? "Dad, we think it's time..." ARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Yeah I can't stand that one. It's like, "Grey hair?? Sorry, that ain't acceptable! No woman would have ya!"

• Advertisement

This has getting on my nerves lately-there are loads of ads on Irish television with English accents on them yet whenever an ad is put on English stations that was already on Irish TV they dub it over with English accents. Like that colour catcher ad you know the one Im on about? Recently there has been an ad for "Feel Great Ireland" yet its an English person doing the voiceover-whats so horrible about Irish accents? Are advertisers afraid of them?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement