Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Just seen the Ford Fiesta ad where the car reads out the text. Good God Almighty, that's irritating!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭pah

ALL OF THE ADS

all of them

every fukking one

all sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Confused.com with the talking robot

• Registered Users Posts: 16,300 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Thargor wrote: »
    I hate the way Irish comedy is always reduced to making fun of either the Dub accent or the culchie accent, thats all they've been able to think of for years now and it is completely nauseating at this stage. We have no proper political satire like they do in the UK either, just sh1tty imitations of the politician in questions accent. That and the odd joke about leaving the immersion on, thats the Irish comedy industry :mad:

All we need now are more ads featuring has-been Irish comedians with limited writing skills.:rolleyes: Rosenstock makes a few passable 'celeb' and regional funny voices and that's about all that's going on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,002 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Another one where I forgot the product, but this time I could look it up: an ad for Galaxy chocolate. It looks like a scene from a 1950s movie, complete with a CGI version of Audrey Hepburn. It's bad enough that they're using her likeness - though I presume they got permission from her estate - but the result falls in to the "uncanny valley". It's close but not quite there, and it gives me the heebie-jeebies. I can admire the technical expertise and effort that went in to it, but it's totally unnecessary.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

"I think we've got another one of those townies Jess"
    "Come on then, let's get you back to the Roland race"

Bledin' poxy yokes they are too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

The Sunday Independent ad for 'Gerry Ryan'.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Aveeno - "The Secret is out, Hydration is in!"...

"Naturally beautiful results"
    Says Jennifer Aniston with "naturally" freakishly opal blue eyes.. :(
    That's just taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭nicelives

Hippo wrote: »
    The Sunday Independent ad for 'Gerry Ryan'.

I know, it sounds almost passive aggressive towards the guy, very strange

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

The Sindo always makes terrible sensationalist ads.One particularly annoying one they did a couple of years ago was the one with the businessmen dancing ,which was for an article examining who was still loaded after the financial crash,I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

The Haribo cinema ad is the worst ad I have ever seen. Nothing more lazy and unoriginal in advertising as adults been dubbed over by kids.

Ugh that haribo ad is so creepy ! I hate it.

The new Harvey Norman ad with that insufferable Lucy Kennedy. Absolutely painful. She is so irritating and full of her own (imaginary) importance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭KungPao

Any ad with fuc*ing Wayne from bloody Fair City waffling over it!

Any ad with young kids "singing"...they are generally way out of tune and it just destroys my ear drums.

But Wayne, he is just insufferable!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

inthehat wrote: »
    The new Harvey Norman ad with that insufferable Lucy Kennedy. Absolutely painful. She is so irritating and full of her own (imaginary) importance.

Only saw the last two seconds of that ad yesterday and was immediately annoyed by it!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The ad for the new series of School Around the Corner. The kids singing the theme song have gone all Dublin 4. Years back, when it was on the radio, it was real inner city accents. It seems all ads featuring 'children' have this accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,300 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

madmaggie wrote: »
    The ad for the new series of School Around the Corner. The kids singing the theme song have gone all Dublin 4. Years back, when it was on the radio, it was real inner city accents. It seems all ads featuring 'children' have this accent.

Montrose looking after its own?

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

ollaetta wrote: »
    One I hated first time round is back again. That Lotto ad with all the goons abandoning their jobs to join that pr*ck on a plane to the Bahamas.
    Can't stand it. :mad:
    Id be fearing for my safety if I was the prick in this ad, he is one of the 2 goons at the races in that vodafone ad also. His likeness is plastered all over every shop you go into these days too.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

In fact now that I think of it most of the Lotto ads get on my tits. Insidious targeting of the less well off, such manipulative ****e. special hate for that one where the guy fakes like hes going to propose but actually proposes a trip to Brazil 2014. Its been around a while, thankfully will be put out of its misery after this summer

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭nicelives

LaGlisse wrote: »
    In fact now that I think of it most of the Lotto ads get on my tits. Insidious targeting of the less well off, such manipulative ****e. special hate for that one where the guy fakes like hes going to propose but actually proposes a trip to Brazil 2014. Its been around a while, thankfully will be put out of its misery after this summer

I like that ad, still makes me giggle..... but I'm a simple man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

LaGlisse wrote: »

Almost all the National Lottery ads (including the Daily Million and Winning Streak ones) since the introduction of the green star logo in 2008 have been awful.

Probably the only exceptions are the EuroMillions ones featuring that old lady and her dog.

These ads from the first half of the 2000s were better. Probably not by much, but better nonetheless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

inthehat wrote: »

Jesus. I just saw that ad.. :mad:

FFS.. "peek a boo, Peek a boo.." :mad: That's fcukin annoying.

Also the Vodafone advert that's on 100 times a day. "No, no, I'm just a howme in my PeeJay's.. I can talk all night.." :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

That Vodafone crap is pure false advertising, whatever they're doing with software on their end is not going to make sweet feck all difference, its the design of the microphone and the speaker on the phone that matters 99%, why are they pushing it so hard anyway?

Probably because their calls and data are a rip-off from all the acquisitions during the boom times compared to Tesco/3/Meteor so they have to go with this nonsense when everyone else is talking about cutting costs and giving away freebies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Montrose looking after its own?

Tut, tut, so cynical, as if such a thing would happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

New Vodafone ad with the young wan on the phone to her friend. She's at a concert and tells her she's at home. Why?
    It's even worse than the auld lad sitting at home watching the the sons at the horse racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭mmg0305

The Lidl ad with the 2 zombie kids in the playground. Must be something very nasty in those sprinkles...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Harvey Norman ad with Lucy Kennedy has to be the worse ad ever, makes me want to go to Harvey Norman though ......
    with a shotgun
    :mad:

That's probably their reasoning - while you're there with the
    shotgun
    you might pick up a sofa:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Any baby food nappys etc ads that do nothing but mention mothers and show all these women looking after baby's not a man to be seen anywhere. Moms know best etc...

I keep forgetting how every child is raised by single mothers these days.........

Sexiest crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Any baby food nappys etc ads that do nothing but mention mothers and show all these women looking after baby's not a man to be seen anywhere. Moms know best etc...

I keep forgetting how every child is raised by single mothers these days.........

Sexiest crap.

As a male who can now change a sh!tty nappy in 30 seconds flat, at the top of a hill in a force 10 gale, I have to agree.

And Mrs F. hates those patronising "take it from us, you're doing great" ads...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

fricatus wrote: »
    As a male who can now change a sh!tty nappy in 30 seconds flat, at the top of a hill in a force 10 gale, I have to agree.

And Mrs F. hates those patronising "take it from us, you're doing great" ads...

All those ads do my head in they have for years but its only since i became a father myself last year it really bothers me even more because i do just as much as my girlfriend does and id imagine its the same in most relationships.

According to any form of media there is no involvement from men when it comes to kids unless where doing something stupid......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement